ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stolen passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rastica
Newly Registered
Canada

Stolen passport

Post by rastica » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi there

I'm sure this question is in the forum already but I can’t find it just yet.

My passport was stolen recently and with it my EEA family member permit (I applied and received the permit on the EEA2 form, valid until Nov of this year). I just spoke to UKBA and it seems that I can’t get this permit replaced in my new passport – I have to make a whole new application, with all supporting documentation, both our passports, with the 6 month turnaround and everything?? My head is reeling, I didn’t expect that at ALL. I’ve got travel plans upcoming and besides that, just didn’t want to deal with the hassle of this right now! Am I missing something? Is it all a bad dream? Do I really have to make the application all over again!??

raoulll

Re: Stolen passport

Post by raoulll » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:13 pm

rastica wrote:Hi there

I'm sure this question is in the forum already but I can’t find it just yet.

My passport was stolen recently and with it my EEA family member permit (I applied and received the permit on the EEA2 form, valid until Nov of this year). I just spoke to UKBA and it seems that I can’t get this permit replaced in my new passport – I have to make a whole new application, with all supporting documentation, both our passports, with the 6 month turnaround and everything?? My head is reeling, I didn’t expect that at ALL. I’ve got travel plans upcoming and besides that, just didn’t want to deal with the hassle of this right now! Am I missing something? Is it all a bad dream? Do I really have to make the application all over again!??

I'm afraid you have to make the application all over again as i did few years ago even i had to wait 3 months for my new passport before i reapply ,don't forget to include cover letter explain your situation.