ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Can anyone recommend a translater/soliciter in Lahor to deal with the nikah nama translation and attestment?

What is the cost these days per document in Lahore. Ill need passport and NIC attested too. Thanks.
Thank you immigrationboards.com

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:31 pm

XnailaX wrote:i got an email today...

Thank you for your email of 12/01/2012 asking for an update on your appeal. We received your Notice of Appeal on 01/12/2011. A review of the refusal decision will be conducted here. If the decision to refuse is upheld, the Notice of Appeal will be forwarded to the Immigration and Asylum First Tier Chamber as soon as possible. If we overturn the decision at review, you will be contacted about the arrangements to resubmit your passport. This process can take up to three months.

so does that mean i have until february to hear if they overturn their decision?...

i really do not want to go court..serously!..

oh btw..im not gna go pakistan now :(..my dads booked the tickets for my mum , sis, and bro..they goin this sunday..:(..propa heartbroken..but wht can i say...life goes on..
Salam sis, No you have until April to hear as that is your deadline that they have given. They could over-turn decision if they are satisfied anytime up til April. Sometimes they over-turn after 1 month of lodging appeal, sometimes 2months sometimes even in the last few week or days before deadline is up. But I pray that your hubby's visa is over-turned any day now. Insha'Allah! Please don't lose faith in Allah swt. Keep strong!
Allah is the greatest!

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:51 am

*Nazia wrote:How long does it take to recieve the TB medical certificate?
Few hours wait,normally they give you a time.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 am

enigma321 wrote:
rehan2 wrote:my husband submitted his visa application on the 2nd dec 2011 and it got under process to the OC on the 19th and after that to the BHC. whats the difference between OC and BHC? and they are taking agesssss to reply. i am so worried. i have been away from my hubby for 3 years and have a lil boy as well...cant wait any longer!!
When it says OC it means it has been submitted and forwarded. When it says BHC it means it is being processed and they are looking at the application.
BHC - "British High Commissions" it is under process however you have a very long wait :) all the best
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:19 am

shazmalik wrote:Guys went for my hearing today allhamdulliah i was so nervous soon as i got in the court room home office rep withdrew from case saying there was no reason not to have given the visa so happy :)

Allah ki rehmat say

What happens now?
Congrats on Visa, you will need to wait for them to process the paperwork and send you a call letter to hand in passport, shouldn't take long now. Should be within a week or so.

All the best.
K44MYY

K44MYY

Re: new application

Post by K44MYY » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:30 am

abdu wrote:Salaam alykum

I hope you all are fine. I just wanted to ask few questions, if one of you can please help, I will really appreciate it. JazakAllah.

I live in UK on ILR and I am InshAllah going home to get married next month. I am planning to apply for my wife's visa while I am in Lahore.

My current situation is as follows:

I am working full time Alhamdulilah, and I am living in a shared accommodation of 4 bedrooms. I have rented 1 double room. My land lady has agreed to provide me a tenancy agreement and she is happy to give me no objection letter as well. I have rented this accommodation for past 3 years privately.

Do you guys think if this would be an issue to show shared accommodation? and if the tenancy agreement from my land lady has to be approved or attested by anyone?

As long as you can accommodate your wife at the premises and can support her without access to public funds. Shouldn't be a problem. Get it attested by a solicitor so its all genuine, along with sponsor letter and stat declaration. Better being safe than sorry.

Can you also please give me a link for formats of letter which I will be writting to sponsor my wife and no obejection letter from land lady.

I will really appreciate your help.
JazakAllah.
Abdu
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:37 am

[quote="weqasjamil"]salaam i just wanted abit of advise as i am going to be applying for my wifes spouse visa
i have 6 months payslips 3 from my full time job which i started in december and 3 from my job as a casual staff of a job which when and if they need me also i will be providing 3 months bankstatement with an ending balance of £1600-2000
English test certificate
wedding photos
letter of sponsorship
photos of us together
letter from my parents saying i can live in there home rent free
lycamobile Pay as you go phone bill printed online
letter of emploment should get this only from my full time job only or add my casual staff job
copy of passport with stamps to show i have been going pakistan

also she was refused a visitors visa in 2010 which my uncle was the sponser for not submitting bankstatement instead bank letter will that have any affect on my application

if some one can hepl me i would be greatfull or if u can tell me any supporing docs i have missed out

Follow this as a guide line courtesy of BATLEY KHAN... Obviously changes have taken place such as English test etc but will give you an idea if not seek advise from solicitors, immigration bureau etc.

Spouse Visa for Pakistani Applicants.

Introduction.

Hello and welcome folks. I have prepared this document to help and guide those of you who have got married to someone who is present and settled in the United Kingdom. In order to join your spouse in the UK, you have to first of all obtain the necessary visa to join your spouse. You and your sponsor (spouse) should read this document and ensure each of you provide the correct documents

A spouse visa is issued to applicants who have married a British citizen (or the person is a permanent resident of the UK)

It is issued by the British High Commission/Embassy where the applicant has a claim to normal residence or citizenship.

The visa itself runs for 27 months and is probationary.
During the probationary period, the applicant cannot seek access to public funds (See list below of what are termed as “public fundsâ€
K44MYY

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:

Thank you for your email of 12/01/2012 asking for an update on your appeal. We received your Notice of Appeal on 01/12/2011. A review of the refusal decision will be conducted here. If the decision to refuse is upheld, the Notice of Appeal will be forwarded to the Immigration and Asylum First Tier Chamber as soon as possible. If we overturn the decision at review, you will be contacted about the arrangements to resubmit your passport. This process can take up to three months.

so does that mean i have until february to hear if

oh btw..im not gna go pakistan now :(..my dads booked the tickets for my mum , sis, and bro..they goin this sunday..:(..propa heartbroken..but wht can i say...life goes on..

salaam sis. did your hubby received his passport back yet.its almost a month now y they taking ages its only a stamp they need to put on passport doesnt take that long they immigration stuff is very slow and useless .do let us know when he receive.best of luck
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 pm

akaamir wrote:
Exquisit33 wrote:

so does that mean i have until february to hear if

salaam sis. did your hubby received his passport back yet.its almost a month now y they taking ages its only a stamp they need to put on passport doesnt take that long they immigration stuff is very slow and useless .do let us know when he receive.best of luck
Wasalam sis, No we are still waiting.. Exactly a month today, it's only a stamp, how difficult is it to just stamp and return? I'm getting really worried now. Could there be a problem? Please make dua we get it stamped asap now! Insha'Allah. Does anyone know how long they were closed for during Christmas? :(
Allah is the greatest!

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:47 pm

My wedding was in late December and I had all things prepared to submit to the Lahore Gerry Centre in very early Jan but we were turned away as my wife's Mehndi from the wedding was still slightly visible and they advised in our best interests to delay it. I was not happy as Lahore is well over a 3 hours drive for us. After a week of it had faded and we submitted the application on Jan 12 I think.

I don't have any major concerns about the documents as everything I can provide is there, my only concern is that they may struggle to understand just how old fashioned our arranged marriage is. I did not meet my wife until after the nikah and I don't know how they will react to this.

All I can do and hope for my wife's well being more than anything else, they realise it's a traditional wedding and grant her the VISA in relatively quick time.

Also I wish all of you who in a waiting process the best of luck, Insha'allah your wait is eased and you receive good news as well.

Finally I must say that whilst it's not very pleasant going through such a long wait, we are lucky in comparison to applicant of other countries, it can and does take a lot longer to get a response in the USA for example.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:10 pm

K44MYY wrote: BHC - "British High Commissions" it is under process however you have a very long wait :) all the best
Allah na kare.

Let us pray it's not a long wait at all, not for anyone as for most applicants, it's usually the very early stages of married life and the most exciting part.

awaham
Newly Registered

Post by awaham » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Salam All. I am new to this epic and a very informative thread. I am a UK citizen but from Pakistan originally. I got married in Dec 2011 in Pakistan to my wife who also happens to be my cousin (she is daughter of my father's sister). It was an arranged marriage. I am in the process of gathering evidence for a settlement visa for her in the UK. I had a few questions I was wondering if any one on this forum could shed a bit more light on.

1 - Does that fact she is my cousin and I had not met her before, (ive been in UK for 12 years since my last visit to pakistan) and that it was an arranged marriage, mean that the UKBA will look on it unfavourably when assessing my application.

2 - I was only able to stay for 1 week post marriage, due to not able to get a long enough leave as I work as a doctor, Will they see that as a problem.

3 - My wife is also a doctor, we were not sure whether her medical degree would pass as adequate evidence for english language ability. So she booked an IELTS test which she has been given a date of 10 march and their 13 day results mean earliest she could possibly apply is end of march. I was wondering if the degree would be accepted by the UKBA or IELTS is needed. And even if the degree is accepted then should we just play it safe and send it after IELTS or without it (that way we could apply mid feb time).

4 - I need some help with my declaration statement, I originally declared my identification details, my wife's details, my employment status and salary, funds available in my bank account and the proposed residence. However having read a few posts of this thread I wonder whether I should include a paragraph or two about the arranged marriage, lack of pre-marital relationship due to religious views on arrange marriage etc? Has anyone got a sample/template copy i could look through to get some info (with the personal details take out obviously!)

I would be greatful for your views and help on above.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:08 am

Hi awaham

The form say 'When did you first meet your sponsor?' it does not say that you need to meet before the marriage. So this should clear your doubts about the meeting part.

Okay what you need now:

1 - evidence of your visit and marriage (translated in English)
2 - evidence of how you kept in touch after you returned to the UK i.e. phone records any gifts sent etc.

So answers to your questions:

1 - Arranged marriage with your cousin, but you have seen her in Dec 2011 when you got married. That should be fine because you have met your spouse and legally married in your partner's country of origin.

2 - No worries with the leave either, as long as you can show that you kept in touch with your partner on regular basis i.e. phone records, chat records etc

3 - Going with IELTS sure is the safest option, but all depends on timing to be honest with you. First you need to book the test (there are usually one or two tests a month) and the certificate takes around two weeks to get to you. Otherwise if you can get a letter from her Uni stating the course was English Medium, this should be okay as well.

4 - This declaration should be fine. If you want to add anything more just add it to the Part 9 (Additional Information section).
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

shamailaubaid

submitting application

Post by shamailaubaid » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:35 pm

do u neeed to book an appointment to submit application for settlement visa in lahore?? nd how long r they taking to process applications at the moment??
submitted @ lahore 07/02/12
waited 65 working days
Ready for Collection: 9/5/12
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:02 pm

mas_sayed wrote:does anyone know when the status will changed to.. Returned to AC?
im hating this wait, should i email them or wait for a reply?
any news on ur side?
its going to be 60 days for you soon, i am really hoping u hear something soon as 98% apparently have been getting replies with in 60 days...
visa-grante:25.10.12

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: submitting application

Post by king2be98 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:12 pm

shamailaubaid wrote:do u neeed to book an appointment to submit application for settlement visa in lahore?? nd how long r they taking to process applications at the moment??
It's best you book an appointment, they will give you an appointment the next day in most cases, you will need the applicant's passport details.

As for response times, it varies, best place to check is the UKBA website as it has details, but the details are upto date as far November, not December last year.

The_Waiting_Game
Newly Registered

Post by The_Waiting_Game » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi all

Been following the forum for a while but only joined today. I understand a lot of you who applied late nov and december are still waiting, so the time taken to process spouse visa seems to have gone up since September / October and early Nov . . .

Any members who have applied in late nov / december hear anything yet?

Been waiting like crazy and the "not knowing" factor just drives u insane, not to mention being far from ure better half. May Allah give us all patience :)

I pray for all of us to be united with our partners very soon!

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:35 pm

awaham wrote:Salam All. I am new to this epic and a very informative thread. I am a UK citizen but from Pakistan originally. I got married in Dec 2011 in Pakistan to my wife who also happens to be my cousin (she is daughter of my father's sister). It was an arranged marriage. I am in the process of gathering evidence for a settlement visa for her in the UK. I had a few questions I was wondering if any one on this forum could shed a bit more light on.

1 - Does that fact she is my cousin and I had not met her before, (ive been in UK for 12 years since my last visit to pakistan) and that it was an arranged marriage, mean that the UKBA will look on it unfavourably when assessing my application.

2 - I was only able to stay for 1 week post marriage, due to not able to get a long enough leave as I work as a doctor, Will they see that as a problem.

3 - My wife is also a doctor, we were not sure whether her medical degree would pass as adequate evidence for english language ability. So she booked an IELTS test which she has been given a date of 10 march and their 13 day results mean earliest she could possibly apply is end of march. I was wondering if the degree would be accepted by the UKBA or IELTS is needed. And even if the degree is accepted then should we just play it safe and send it after IELTS or without it (that way we could apply mid feb time).

4 - I need some help with my declaration statement, I originally declared my identification details, my wife's details, my employment status and salary, funds available in my bank account and the proposed residence. However having read a few posts of this thread I wonder whether I should include a paragraph or two about the arranged marriage, lack of pre-marital relationship due to religious views on arrange marriage etc? Has anyone got a sample/template copy i could look through to get some info (with the personal details take out obviously!)

@Awaham- I would strongly recommend that your wife submits her visa once she has received her IELTS results. A degree on its own is not sufficient- we learnt the hard way! My husband submitted his original degree along with a letter from the university confirming that the entire degree content was taught in English. He included his academic transcripts along with the application however this wasn't sufficient.

If yor wife intends on practicing in the UK, then she will need to appear in the IELTS to register with GMC. (You need to have 80% interaction with patients in English which in Pakistan is fairly difficult to achieve in order to be exempt from this requirement!) So your safest bet is waiting until she has received her results.

As far as the other points are concerned, the UKBA will not look upon your application unfavourably as the vast majority of applications submitted are very similar to yours and they understand that this is the norm in our culture. However it is imperative that you submit evidence that you have remained in contact upon your return the UK be it through telephone calls, letters, emails etc. Photographs of the wedding and days after are also essential. You should explain the lack of time spent togeher in your supporting letter. Any points you feel may raise question marks must be addressed in your supporting letter. It is better to add too much than too little I feel..

I kept my sponsorship declaration seperate from my supporting letter. I have used the same format for my sponsorship declaration for each time we have applied for a visa (4 in total) and there have never been any issues with this. It merely needs to state your full name, dob and address and confirm that you are wiling to sponsor and accomodate your spouse (inc their dob and full address) I also listed my savings and that I intended to use this to maintain him during his visit to the UK and also my full employment address. All other details went into my supporting letter i.e how we met, the contact we have had, why we are applying for a settlement visa after 6 years of marriage, previous travel history etc.

Hope this helps

Please make du'a for the rest of us.
Submitted application: 02.05.2011
Refused: 07.07.2011
Refusal of entry clearance received: 08.08.2011
Appeal lodged in UK: 02.09.2011
Acknowledgement Letter received from AIT: 22.09.2011
Deadline given to ECO: 30.01.2012

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:48 pm

@king2be98

Congratulations on your Nikkah. May Allah SWT bless you with a wonderful future together.
Submitted application: 02.05.2011
Refused: 07.07.2011
Refusal of entry clearance received: 08.08.2011
Appeal lodged in UK: 02.09.2011
Acknowledgement Letter received from AIT: 22.09.2011
Deadline given to ECO: 30.01.2012

mas_sayed

Post by mas_sayed » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:26 pm

syma wrote:
mas_sayed wrote:does anyone know when the status will changed to.. Returned to AC?
any news on ur side?
its going to be 60 days for you soon, i am really hoping u hear something soon as 98% apparently have been getting replies with in 60 days...
Nothing new on my side jus yet :(
What about u? Its taking forever to get a reply
submitted at Lahore Gerrys on 30/11/11
under process at BHC on 15/12/11
Passport ready for collection on 26/1/12

shamailaubaid

Re: submitting application

Post by shamailaubaid » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:36 pm

king2be98 wrote:
shamailaubaid wrote:do u neeed to book an appointment to submit application for settlement visa in lahore?? nd how long r they taking to process applications at the moment??
It's best you book an appointment, they will give you an appointment the next day in most cases, you will need the applicant's passport details.

As for response times, it varies, best place to check is the UKBA website as it has details, but the details are upto date as far November, not December last year.
thanx alot really appreciate ur answer :D
submitted @ lahore 07/02/12
waited 65 working days
Ready for Collection: 9/5/12
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:03 am

Rehana wrote:@king2be98

Congratulations on your Nikkah. May Allah SWT bless you with a wonderful future together.
Mubarak on the Nikkah brother! :)
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:12 am

Rehana wrote:
awaham wrote:Salam All. I am new to this epic and a very informative thread. I am a UK citizen but from Pakistan originally. I got married in Dec 2011 in Pakistan to my wife who also happens to be my cousin (she is daughter of my father's sister). It was an arranged marriage. I am in the process of gathering evidence for a settlement visa for her in the UK. I had a few questions I was wondering if any one on this forum could shed a bit more light on.

@Awaham- I would strongly recommend that your wife submits her visa once she has received her IELTS results. A degree on its own is not sufficient- we learnt the hard way! My husband submitted his original degree along with a letter from the university confirming that the entire degree content was taught in English. He included his academic transcripts along with the application however this wasn't sufficient.

If yor wife intends on practicing in the UK, then she will need to appear in the IELTS to register with GMC. (You need to have 80% interaction with patients in English which in Pakistan is fairly difficult to achieve in order to be exempt from this requirement!) So your safest bet is waiting until she has received her results.

As far as the other points are concerned, the UKBA will not look upon your application unfavourably as the vast majority of applications submitted are very similar to yours and they understand that this is the norm in our culture. However it is imperative that you submit evidence that you have remained in contact upon your return the UK be it through telephone calls, letters, emails etc. Photographs of the wedding and days after are also essential. You should explain the lack of time spent togeher in your supporting letter. Any points you feel may raise question marks must be addressed in your supporting letter. It is better to add too much than too little I feel..

I kept my sponsorship declaration seperate from my supporting letter. I have used the same format for my sponsorship declaration for each time we have applied for a visa (4 in total) and there have never been any issues with this. It merely needs to state your full name, dob and address and confirm that you are wiling to sponsor and accomodate your spouse (inc their dob and full address) I also listed my savings and that I intended to use this to maintain him during his visit to the UK and also my full employment address. All other details went into my supporting letter i.e how we met, the contact we have had, why we are applying for a settlement visa after 6 years of marriage, previous travel history etc.

Hope this helps

Please make du'a for the rest of us.
Honesty is the best policy :D
Good Luck, hope your are successful!
Allah is the greatest!

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:53 am

mas_sayed wrote:
syma wrote:
any news on ur side?
Nothing new on my side jus yet :(
What about u? Its taking forever to get a reply
nothing:(

Btw the xt status update would be returend to AC? wot does that mean n how long does it take after that for the passport to be collected?
visa-grante:25.10.12

mars27

Post by mars27 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:03 am

Hey syma...returned to AC means returned to application centre.... Then I think after a week the status changes to ready for collection....

Such a long wait :(