ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Law firms illegally enhancing applicant's earnings

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theroyale

Law firms illegally enhancing applicant's earnings

Post by theroyale » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:35 pm

In conversations with a couple of colleagues I understood that there are law firms/solicitors in London that deposit money into Tier-1 applicants' bank accounts in order to clear the cut-offs for Maintenance Funds and Past Earnings. I understand that these deposits are shown to be invoiced payments to the applicant's limited company for "work done".

Have others heard of this happening? Have you come across law firms/lawyers/solicitors that engage in this, or have offered to do so when you have taken your application to them?

It is precisely such malpractice that makes life more difficult for the rest of us - right from obtaining duplicate bank statements from a bank to being subject to multiple, stressful nit-picky checks by UKBA come visa extension time.

Is there anything that genuine members on this forum can do to expose this? Can I get in touch with - for instance - the Daily Mail or someone like that who might be willing and able to conduct an undercover investigation?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Ha ha ....Spy work...'eh

The issue is that there are so many culprits around that even the genuine ones loose there face amongst them.

For an agency like UKBA it is very difficult when they get 20-30% applications with fake transactions and documents. The point is they can't judge based on documents provided and hence they have to go through a rigorous verification procedure.

'nyways all the best for your undercover investigation.

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Its good and much appreciated that you want to do something about this, but posting these issues on a public forums like this may not be a good idea.

Mind that these illegal solicitors and fake ones do have access to these forums and may be reading this and will get alerted.

These 'couple of colleagues' of yours - don't they know the sources? If you are sure about these sources report them directly to UKBA or get in touch with some journalists.

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Its good and much appreciated that you want to do something about this, but posting these issues on a public forums like this may not be a good idea.
Why is it not a good idea?

Mind that these illegal solicitors and fake ones do have access to these forums and may be reading this and will get alerted.
Maybe they should be 'alerted'.

These 'couple of colleagues' of yours - don't they know the sources? If you are sure about these sources report them directly to UKBA or get in touch with some journalists.
Am in the process of finding out who these solicitors are.
But more generally, I really didn't post this to sound as if I want to personally take on any of this. I wanted the responses of regulars to see what they thought of the situation - I'm sure they're better informed than I am.

rajani1981

Re: Law firms illegally enhancing applicant's earnings

Post by rajani1981 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 pm

theroyale wrote:In conversations with a couple of colleagues I understood that there are law firms/solicitors in London that deposit money into Tier-1 applicants' bank accounts in order to clear the cut-offs for Maintenance Funds and Past Earnings. I understand that these deposits are shown to be invoiced payments to the applicant's limited company for "work done".

Have others heard of this happening? Have you come across law firms/lawyers/solicitors that engage in this, or have offered to do so when you have taken your application to them?

It is precisely such malpractice that makes life more difficult for the rest of us - right from obtaining duplicate bank statements from a bank to being subject to multiple, stressful nit-picky checks by UKBA come visa extension time.

Is there anything that genuine members on this forum can do to expose this? Can I get in touch with - for instance - the Daily Mail or someone like that who might be willing and able to conduct an undercover investigation?
Here are the simple answers:
1. Those who have approached such solicitors/lawyers would never reveal those details to any one especially in these kind of public forums.
2. Those who never approached such solicitors/law firms never knew they existed.

Only people whom you can rely on are those who heard/over heard/assumed/read/imagined/created such things. They cannot come out with evidence because of above 2 categories.
Matter ended.
Thanks

rajani1981

Re: Law firms illegally enhancing applicant's earnings

Post by rajani1981 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:21 pm

theroyale wrote:In conversations with a couple of colleagues I under

n I get in touch with - for instance - the Daily Mail or someone like that who might be willing and able to conduct an undercover investigation?
Even I feel very sad about such things. When UKBA/HO cannot differentiate between a legal earning or illegal earning, how can we bother too much about that. The best that present Govt. can do was already done - abolishing Tier-1 General for ever. Those who are here, can remain here till they get Indefnite Leave to remain.

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 am

Those who have approached such solicitors/lawyers would never reveal those details to any one especially in these kind of public forums.
rajani1981, Surely there is a category within the above: i.e. people who went to law firms with a genuine query as to what to do with their case, and the solicitors suggesting to them that something illegal can be done. I am sure lots of applicants are told this and then they decide that it is too risky to do something like this. The idea behind posting this here was hoping that I would hear from such applicants: genuine people who were told by these shady law firms that illegal methods can be used to push their cases through.
For an agency like UKBA it is very difficult when they get 20-30% applications with fake transactions and documents.
QuickSam, 20-30% ? Sounds like a ridiculously high number, I'm curious as to your thinking on arriving at that percentage!
Last edited by theroyale on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:32 am

Well that's just a speculation. I can't say for sure if the actual % is higher or lower.

I am thinking that there are a lot of cases where people holding Tier 1 visas work in Tier 3 and Tier 5 jobs. Why do you think the Govt abolished Tier 1 visas.

They also understand that there are cases when genuine folks get rejections and hence they have the appeal process in place.

'nyways this topic has no end...