ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC code :Job description or Job title?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sup

SOC code :Job description or Job title?

Post by Sup » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Hi all

I am on 5 year WP and due for ILR in end of March 2012.

This new SOC format is really confusing and complicated.

My Job title is Quality Assurance Engineer on WP and by job title closest match is planning & Quality control Engineer( Code:2128) salary £26400.

But my job description is closely match with Quality assurance Technician(Soc code 3115)salary £20500.

My salary is slightly above the SOC code 3115, Quality Assurance Technician. My employer is not ready to raise my salary to 26500 as he think if the job description is matching so I don't need to worry and they are unable to raise the salary.

Could some one please shad some light about Soc code whether Job title or Job description is important?

thanks

Sup

pavani27
Newly Registered

Re: SOC code :Job description or Job title?

Post by pavani27 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Sup wrote:Hi all

My Job title is Quality Assurance Engineer on WP and by job title closest match is planning & Quality control Engineer( Code:2128) salary £26400.

But my job description is closely match with Quality assurance Technician(Soc code 3115)salary £20500.

My salary is slightly above the SOC code 3115, Quality Assurance Technician. My employer is not ready to raise my salary to 26500 as he think if the job description is matching so I don't need to worry and they are unable to raise the salary.

Could some one please shad some light about Soc code whether Job title or Job description is important?

thanks

Sup
Hi,
I was in same situation before when i applied my ILR at Jan and my work permit showing as Senior software developer, but my present role is Programmer and I have taken the letter only on the programmer and which is higher than my present salary and i got the success at belfast, so what i am going to suggest you is please use the below format and i believe it is ok for the home office, but wait for the other people suggestions as well.

<<http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=76413>>

Thanks,
Pavani

Sup

Post by Sup » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:16 am

pavani27 wrote:

thanks

Sup
Hi,
I was in same situation before when i applied my ILR at Jan and my work permit showing as Senior software developer, but
my present role is Programmer and I have taken the letter only on the programmer
and which is higher than my present salary and i got the success at belfast, so what i am going to suggest you is please use the below format and i believe it is ok for the home office, but wait for the other people suggestions as well.

<<http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=76413>>

Thanks,
Pavani
Thanks Pavani

Congrates on your ILR.

Did you use different job title against one on WP? Is it mean Home office did not ask question, why it is diiferent from WP?

thanks,
SUP

manishchaudhry

Post by manishchaudhry » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:00 am

I was in the same situation ad talked to my employer regarding it. They told me they already had a case like this in the company and it is not a issue. They gave me same letter as they did to my colleague. I am still waiting to hear from HO regarding my postal application; but my colleague got his ILR on basis of the letter.

Here is the copy of that letter, I hope it helps.

To Whom It May Concern:

I confirm that xxxxxx is currently employed by XXXXX as a Software Engineer on a permanent contract that commenced on 01/01/2007.

His work for XXXXX is very satisfactory, and it is our intention to retain him as an employee provided he is granted Leave to Remain in the UK after XX/XX/2011.

According to the Occupation codes of Practice for Tier 2, XXXXX’s current job is classified as Skilled, coming under SOC2132: Software professionals. Within this classification, the job description most closely matching his duties is “Programmer”.

XXXX’s current salary is £XXXX per annum, plus a profit-related pay element which is on-budget to pay an additional X% of salary. (PRP in 2010 was XX%). He is therefore paid above the appropriate rate in the codes of practice.

If you require any further information to support XXX’s application please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

THE BOSS

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:43 pm

its well known issue...

what the above employer is suggesting... is exactly what my employer suggested to me...

apply with confidence

Sup

Post by Sup » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Thanks all

for your help and suggestion..

I have no option left behind as need to go what employer is saying but I am also not completely disagree with employer! It is just two SOC code almost similar but with big pay difference..

kind regards,
Sup

jeffreychen83

Post by jeffreychen83 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:37 am

pavani27 wrote:

I have taken the letter only on the programmer and which is higher than my present salary and i got the success at belfast,

Thanks,
Pavani
Hi Pavani,

I am in the same situation. And my salary is lower than the most matched SOC code. Are you saying that your ILR was granted even though your present salary is lower than the minimum appropriate salary of SOC code you seleted?

Kind regards,
Jeffrey