ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child first passport (parents ILR after child's birth)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

REGISTRATION

Child first passport (parents ILR after child's birth)

Post by REGISTRATION » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi

bit confused and need help

after my ILR i have already applied for my kids registration MN1, next step is passport application for kids

1-for passport, is that "IPS" is the only way? (fill the form online and they post it to your postal address), attach docs, sign and submit

2- In registration application i mentioned my son's full name First, middle and surname ( as per birth certificate), but in passport application i can see only forename(s) and surname option, should i write first and middle name in forename(s) field?

3- to save time is it okay to fill the online passport form before the receipt of registration (and apply after receipt of registration)

4- may i please have a little information of documents required for child first passport

5-any other useful tips please

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:04 pm

IPS is the only option within the UK. You can pick up a paper form from the post office. Don't need to do it online.

First child passport (assuming born in the UK and applied for registration):

- Current foreign passport (if has)
- UK birth certificate
- Registration certificate

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:03 am

Thanks

Thats great, almost all resolved except a little confusion on name

my son have 3 names, first middle and surname

but i can see only two options in passport (ips) form

forename(s), surname

please advise what should i do

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:39 am

REGISTRATION wrote:forename(s)
Note the "s".
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:38 am

Thanks

kmore97

Re: Child first passport (parents ILR after child's birth)

Post by kmore97 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 pm

REGISTRATION wrote:Hi

bit confused and need help

after my ILR i have already applied for my kids registration MN1, next step is passport application for kids

1-for passport, is that "IPS" is the only way? (fill the form online and they post it to your postal address), attach docs, sign and submit

2- In registration application i mentioned my son's full name First, middle and surname ( as per birth certificate), but in passport application i can see only forename(s) and surname option, should i write first and middle name in forename(s) field?

3- to save time is it okay to fill the online passport form before the receipt of registration (and apply after receipt of registration)

4- may i please have a little information of documents required for child first passport

5-any other useful tips please

Thanks
My situation is same as yours. I have my daughter born in UK in 2010 and I and my wife have just got our ILR stamped few days ago. I didn't apply for ILR for my UK born daughter as I thought my daughter is eligible for MN1 directly after seeing various posts in this forum.
I just looked at the MN1 application form - section 1.3 asks to enter the date of ILR for the child.
What do you put there? Can you leave it empty as the child doesn't have ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:21 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.