ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent or Spouse Visa? Very confused !!Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ss15309
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent or Spouse Visa? Very confused !!Please help

Post by ss15309 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Dear Members,

I have a query about my visa.

My husband has completed his 5 years of legal stay in the UK(work permit+Tier 1 general) and he is applying for his ILR end of this month. I am currently Tier 1 dependent(runs out in 2013) since Dec 2010. I have been in this country since 2004 (student, then Tier 1 General and then Tier 1 Dependent)

My questions are-

1) Can I apply for my ILR at the same time as him?
2)If not, do I need to change to another visa status or can I stay on Tier 1 dependent and apply for my ILR at the end of Dec 2012 ,when I complete my 2 years of being dependent on him.

Please advise. I am bit stressed ATM.

Your help will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance.

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:02 am

Student visa does not count in your stay for ILR. You said that after student visa you were on Tier 1 general and then you switched to Tier 1 dependent. You will need to give the dates from when you switched to Tier 1 from student and when you switched from Tier 1 to to dependant. Most probably your Tier 1 general visa duration may count towards the 2 year rule as dependant for ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:14 am

The two years started from when you have proof of cohabitation with your partner in the UK, akin to marriage.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kaif
Newly Registered

Post by kaif » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:39 pm

hi guys my wife applied as dependant of tier 1 , her visa refused on the basis of two different date in nikka nama, in pakistan we made a telephonic nika in 2009, and thin i went in for marriage in September 2011,
so they refused it on the two different dates mentioned in nikka nama , i know appeal will take long time , i want to do fresh apply but i don't what do about this two date point.