ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 extension..tax returns for self employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:36 am

Hi !! For tier-1 extension do I need to show tax returns (self employed) for all last 3 yrs or just the last yr would be sufficient?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:38 pm

You don't need to but you can choose to include the tax returns as supporting evidence. I would say last yr's tax return should be good enough.

MB243

Post by MB243 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:57 pm

They will check your tax returns for all years if you were self employed at the time of initial application so including returns for 3 years would make their job easier and processing faster

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Sorry...somehow I missed the 'self employed' part.

glasgow15
Newly Registered

Post by glasgow15 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:35 pm

MB243 wrote:They will check your tax returns for all years if you were self employed at the time of initial application so including returns for 3 years would make their job easier and processing faster
how you're sure that they will ask for tax returns from the time of initial application; haven't seen a single person on this forum who went for extension and had to provided the tax returns from intial application...

MB243

Post by MB243 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:50 pm

glasgow15 wrote:
MB243 wrote:They will check your tax returns for all years if you were self employed at the time of initial application so including returns for 3 years would make their job easier and processing faster
how you're sure that they will ask for tax returns from the time of initial application; haven't seen a single person on this forum who went for extension and had to provided the tax returns from intial application...
I never said they ask for tax returns. they check with HMRC direct

glasgow15
Newly Registered

Post by glasgow15 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:54 pm

MB243 wrote:
glasgow15 wrote:
HMRC is not allowed to share tax information with ukba unless it is agreed in the extension form by applicant, now i don't know whethere if there is anything which permits UKBA to ask tax info. from HMRC in application form....no offence but please share any case of such situation if u're aware of...thanks

MB243

Post by MB243 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:03 pm

glasgow15 wrote:
MB243 wrote:
glasgow15 wrote:
HMRC is not allowed to share tax information with ukba unless it is agreed in the extension form by applicant, now i don't know whethere if there is anything which permits UKBA to ask tax info. from HMRC in application form....no offence but please share any case of such situation if u're aware of...thanks
None taken...you should read the declaration page in the extension form carefully. HMRC may not disclose tax data to any individual but if a government agency asks for it, they cannot deny.

Nothing is hidden from the State.

Consultant handling my case has said this by the way

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:44 pm

None taken...you should read the declaration page in the extension form carefully. HMRC may not disclose tax data to any individual but if a government agency asks for it, they cannot deny.

Nothing is hidden from the State.

Consultant handling my case has said this by the way
I agree. One of the main checks they do is with HMRC to check whether you've paid tax.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:06 am

what is the name of the document should one get from HMRC for last 3 years tax returns? like sa302 is there any name of the document should i ask from HMRC to show the tax.

YRS
Newly Registered

Post by YRS » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi All,

UKBA can ask us to provide tax return of last three years. This actually happened with me but in different way. I have submitted my tier 1 visa extension application in March but they issued a letter for some additional documents including my 2010-11 tax return. However, i have submitted all the required documents but yesterday they have sent me another letter and required to submit 2011-12 tax returns too. Therefore, they have actually asked me tax return of last three year. Still i am unable to understand that why they have asked me to provide tax return of 2011-12 (gap year)? This is nothing to do with my initial tier 1 application (2010-11) as well as in my extension (2012-13). Any idea guys??

YRS