ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jrge

Post by jrge » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:06 pm

megoizzy wrote:Hi everyone,

I am so grateful for this board! I am currently trying to work my way through the 100+ pages of this EEA2 topic, but figured I would leave my info and ask a few questions while I do so. I'm very sorry if these have already been covered before!

I am a US national married to an EEA (Irish) national. He is working in the UK exercising his treaty rights (employed). We arrived to the UK last September together - myself on a Family Permit. Before that, we were resident together in the Czech Republic for 13 months, and prior, we were in the U.S.

We are now preparing to make the EEA2 application and I have a couple of questions.

1) Am I required to show evidence of private health insurance? I am not yet registered with the NHS and find it difficult to understand how that works.
PHI (known as Comprehensive Sickness Insurance): No. Unless he's self-employed and/or self sufficient. (A guru might weight on this)
NHS: I brought my passport & council tax bill to the local GP. This process shouldn't take you more than 30minutes.

2) Is it better for my husband to apply for the EEA1 at the same time? Does it make any difference if he does/doesn't apply?
No, it doesn't make any difference.

3) If he does apply, should we fill out both the EEA1 and EEA2 forms and post them together in the same packet?
You can. Remember to include original of supporting documents.

This is all very confusing but we are hopeful that our application will proceed and, thanks to all of your support and advice, are expecting things to go as smoothly as possible. What a pain this is!
Relax! just gather the relevant documents, send them with your application(s) and like the rest of us, patiently wait for about 12 weeks.

Thanks!
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

megoizzy
Newly Registered

Post by megoizzy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:00 am

Thanks for your thorough response, jrge! Really appreciate it. Based on that, I think we are going to send in the EE2 only this week and hope for the best!

sanson
Newly Registered

Post by sanson » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Finally, 5 agonising months later... I received my RC!!

My timeline as below:
- Application sent on 19th August 2011
- Application received by HO on 21st August 2011
- COA letter received on 1st October 2011 (dated on 27th September 2011) after submitting a complaint over the phone for taking so long
- Request for return of my EEA husband's passport on 3rd January 2012
- Received both Passports including my RC on 17th Janary 2012

The RC date of issue is 28th November 2011, that means that the passport was just sitting there in the Home Office for more than 7 weeks. I even called them on December to check on my application status and they said they didn't have any updates to give me. Who knows for how long would the passports have been there if we hadn't requested my husband's one back....

The best of luck for all of you waiting for the RC!!

anshef
Newly Registered

Post by anshef » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:35 am

Hello Everyone,
Finally I got my RC yesterday. I am an Indian national, applied RC as an unmarried partner of an EEA (Polish) national.

My time line;
21/10/2011 - applied
24/10/2011 - received
10/11/2011 - got COA dated 07/11/2011 (cannot take employment)
10/01/2012 - requested partner's passport for travel (sent email)
11/01/2012 - got reply that my application in Despatch Dept.
16/01/2012 - called HO, but they said don't know anything abt my application
18/01/2012 - received RC dated 22/12/2011

I think its better to request EEA nationals passport back, 2 months after receiving COA. Good Luck to everyone

megoizzy
Newly Registered

Post by megoizzy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 am

Congratulations sanson and anshef on receiving your RCs! Thanks for keeping us all updated as we go through this process.

chokedup

Post by chokedup » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:28 pm

i requested both our passports back! and i called home office twice this week just to find out that they cant give any information as the application is still under process! how long .... how long ....

sweetypie1

Post by sweetypie1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:44 am

Hi guys,

We sent application on 17th November....
got COA after 1month, and
on 17th Jan recieved the letter from UKBA....

saying that they need more marriage and cohobitition evidence such as photographs etc....

We had very small ceremony in India - and to be honest we didnt take pics... we will get proper marriage next year... we have only few pics from home thats it... it was only us, my laws and husband brothers. so how to prove our marriage, they got our marriage certificate.... anyone had similar situation? At least they not refuse it. We planning to sent them previous prove of same address, photos, joint bank statments, phone statments - prove of contact whille my husband been iin India. Cant think about anything else :-/

Malwina xx

megoizzy
Newly Registered

Post by megoizzy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:03 am

sweetypie1 wrote:Hi guys,

We sent application on 17th November....
got COA after 1month, and
on 17th Jan recieved the letter from UKBA....

saying that they need more marriage and cohobitition evidence such as photographs etc....

We had very small ceremony in India - and to be honest we didnt take pics... we will get proper marriage next year... we have only few pics from home thats it... it was only us, my laws and husband brothers. so how to prove our marriage, they got our marriage certificate.... anyone had similar situation? At least they not refuse it. We planning to sent them previous prove of same address, photos, joint bank statments, phone statments - prove of contact whille my husband been iin India. Cant think about anything else :-/

Malwina xx
Malwina,

Do you have any other photos of the two of you? Perhaps some of you travelling or together in the UK? Romantic photos? Those might help, even if they aren't pictures of your marriage ceremony. I would also say that including ANY evidence you have of co-habitation, such as any utility bills or bank statements that have both of your names on them, as well as any lease agreements that list you both, would be useful. Good luck!

<-- Planning to send out application today!

sweetypie1

Post by sweetypie1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:12 am

megoizzy,

thanks for reply..... yeaaaa we have plenty of photos together... will attached them to application... i juust thought our marriage certificate will be enough ;-) but we just got married in july and spend 8months apart so probably thats why they asking for more evidence... will post everything tomorrow....

Good luck with your application!!!!!!!

megoizzy
Newly Registered

Post by megoizzy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:15 am

One more quick question for all of you who've already applied... what sort of post did you send it by and which type of pre-paid envelope did you include with the application? I'm heading to the post office today, and I thought maybe there was a kind of standard envelope or postage that everyone was using!

Cheers!

sweetypie1

Post by sweetypie1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:25 am

The best is to send special or recorded delivery, you will get receipt as a prove and you can track it online...
I attached pre-paid special delivery envelope (silver one).

We attached two as I sent my EEA1 with my husband EEA2 application. When i recieved my certificate and passport back, they sent second class... weird

Lasse
Newly Registered

Any update

Post by Lasse » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:07 am

Any update for October 2011 applicants and how many chances to get visa after 3 months of application (eea2) submission to get visa.
Last edited by Lasse on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

EEA2

Post by nonspecifics » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:08 am

EEA2 application received by UKBA 27/10/2011

After complaining about the delay in sending it, COA received 20/01/2012

Still waiting for residence card.

stetois

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by stetois » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:39 pm

you are lucky guy, sent mine(eea2) they received it on the 31/10 /2011 since then no coa, the last time i call them(3 rd time) was monday pointing that it should be issue immediatly. finger crossed hope they will send it soon

SRE

Finally My EEA2

Post by SRE » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

Finally, I've got my residence card. And it's only took 46 days since i sent the application. Wow, so surprise. So far this is my timeline :
9/12/11 : Send the application and all the document they ask and enclose the special delivery envelope with special delivery
12/12/11 : They received my application, 10 and 11 was saturday and sunday so they received on monday the 12th.
10/01/12 : I send an email to liverpool (LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk) ask about my COA. I didn't call them because I don't like the operator who told me to press button 1, 2, or whatever. :)) And then one hour later they reply to me and said going to check my COA.
16/01/12 : I send them an email again and they reply I would expect that these documents will be despatched within the next few weeks. :O
18/01/12 : two days after, i received my COA ( date 12 January 2012 ) and permitted to work and live during the application process running.
21/01/12 : send them an email to say thanks for the response and my COA and hope my application it's being process and will finish within the next few months.
25/01/12 : The postman ring the bell, and got the big envelope with my name and address that i enclose in application. And its my Passport with my Residence Card in it ( date 13 January 2012 and valid for 5 years ) and all the document..:)) Never thought this going to finished so soon!! Thanks God and UKBA.

So, do not give up guys. If you have not received a COA, send an email to them to ask. I always send an email to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk and only once to send email to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.
Good luck guys...don't forget to pray. If you have send all the documents that they ask, so don't worry.

Lasse
Newly Registered

Any info

Post by Lasse » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:27 am

Hi,how many chances to get eea2 visa after 3 months of application submission.

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Any info

Post by Azhaar » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:42 am

Lasse wrote:Hi,how many chances to get eea2 visa after 3 months of application submission.

i guess it depends on many factors..

well with me that was in 2008 January when i sent mine, by 20 of feburary i had mine and my husband's then..

and it was stamped on it that was valid from 28/01/2008

but mine was kind of staight forward.. they had our application for FMRS and WRS for so long by the time we got that we had about few months for WRS to expire so then we sent the EEA1 + EEA2 and as i said didnt really take long..

so good luck and i really wish that everyone get approved so quickly..

thank you

nonabidut
Newly Registered

COA

Post by nonabidut » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:49 pm

So I did send an email to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk which they replied within ten minutes, saying that my file is not yet allocated to a case worker. What does this even mean? I sent my application 6 weeks ago.... and have not received COA yet........

jrge

Re: COA

Post by jrge » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:18 am

nonabidut wrote:So I did send an email to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk which they replied within ten minutes, saying that my file is not yet allocated to a case worker. What does this even mean? I sent my application 6 weeks ago.... and have not received COA yet........
They do reply very quick. Keep in mind they have up to 6 months to decide on any case. Those processing times you have seen posted here, are just the average of a fully supported application thus not a must. (I am not saying nor implying your EEA2 application isn't correct)
Life is short, so let's get moving!
* Passport received: Family Permit approved AUG-22, 2011
* Landed in the UK: DEC-04TH-2011
* Received RC: MAR-21ST-2012
* Back to North-America Jul 2012

SRE

Re: COA

Post by SRE » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:37 pm

nonabidut wrote:So I did send an email to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk which they replied within ten minutes, saying that my file is not yet allocated to a case worker. What does this even mean? I sent my application 6 weeks ago.... and have not received COA yet........

Hi,

Its mean your application has not been given to the team who will handle your application. i suggest you send them an email again on Monday and tell them that you have send the application 6 weeks ago and why i haven't received my COA. According to EU regulation, COA must be issued IMMEDIATELY.

and this is tips from me :) if you want to use it...;)
Send them an Email to say thank you after you received your COA, it is also a thing to be considered by them.

zahirsona

Re: hey evrybody

Post by zahirsona » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:14 am

mohamed82 wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:Did anyone apply for EEA2 in December 2009 or Januray 2010 and receive it? Any update?
it take 4 till 6 mounth
not allow u to call them just u have to wait thats what u can do
best wish for all of u
i applaid it in augost and the answer i got it in december but unfortantly they refuse my applicaion and i made appeal and im waiting
why they refuse your application what wrong with your application
Zkhan

abbeywill
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywill » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:15 pm

please can i ask the reason for the refusal in december

SIMSIMA
Newly Registered

Post by SIMSIMA » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:15 pm

finally
updates

applied >>>22nd sept 2011
did not receive any coa
posted my situation and OBIE SUGGESTED SOME ideas which i implemented

30/01/2012>>>>received my residence card .

alhamdulilah

deedays
Newly Registered

Post by deedays » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Hello, I have been reading this post for a few weeks so thought I should add my experience;

Applying for a EEA2 Residence Card (as an unmarried partner)

Sent application 28 October 2011
Received COA dated 22 November2011
Now am waiting...

However myself & my partner have a few travel plans coming up in the next few months so today I email the UKBA to request the return of our passports...it is just on the 3 month mark so I am hoping that our documents and Residence Card will be received in the next month (fingers crossed). I am waiting on an email reply...

From reading the posts here it seems that in some cases requesting passports back (around the 3 month mark) speeds up the process but I am not counting on it...just hoping!!

deedays
Newly Registered

Post by deedays » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:11 pm

I just received an email back and have been told our documents are with the Dispatch department and should be with us in the next few weeks eek...good to know :D