ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bossanovaboy

Application questions

Post by bossanovaboy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:51 am

Hello everyone.

Some might already know me on here?

But anyway.......

I know the immigration law is changing at the end of the month so you can marry no eu nationals who are over 18.

I am married to my cuban wife who is 20 and i am 26 and a british citizen. We got married last year. I want to bring her here next year so the only visa i can bring her on is a spousal visa? are there any other visas i can bring her on ? she is taking her english test in cuba this month and is compliling all the evidence. I have been there 4 times in 2 years and she has been here 2 times in the last 2 years for 6 months each trip because her sister sponsered her on a family visit visa.

So spousal visa is the only way then ?

Thanks
Last edited by bossanovaboy on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Why would you need to apply for a different category of visa when she will no longer be exempt from applying for a spouse visa after 28th November?

bossanovaboy

Post by bossanovaboy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Just seeing if there were any other option.

So i will apply for a spouse visa.

question is

when it comes to how much money i should have saved and accomadation. Would 2k in savings and a 1 bedroom flat for 2 of us be ok? i am scared they will reject the application. I have a permanent job and earn over 1k a month. All the evidence is there , i have hundreds of emails and phone records and photos and all my tickets of when i went to cuba.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Looks fine.

bossanovaboy

Marriage certificate

Post by bossanovaboy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi all,

Do I need the original marriage certificate? We got married in Cuba earlier this year. So I will need it for my application and it can be translated here?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:44 am

You need to submit either the original marriage certificate + an English translation or a legally certified copy + English translation.

bossanovaboy

Post by bossanovaboy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I can get the original on saturday because a friend is coming frm Cuba to England. Is it better I have the original here? And get her to make a certified copy over there ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:56 pm

The application will be submitted by your wife in Cuba. Why would you want the original certificate brought to England?

bossanovaboy

Post by bossanovaboy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Sorry about all the questions.

So when i start my part of the application here, showing bank statements etc , I won't need the marriage certificate ? I thought i would but if I don't that's great.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:51 am

bossanovaboy wrote:So when i start my part of the application here,
There is no "your part of the application here"!! The only application to be submitted is by the applicant - outside the UK - and you'll only provide (to the applicant) the necessary documents required from the sponsor - to support that application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bossanovaboy

accomadation question

Post by bossanovaboy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:42 am

another question in regards to this application,

when it comes to accomadation i will most likely be staying with my cousin in his 2 bed flat. there will be him and his gf and me and her in the place, its 2 story flat.

would immigration have a problem if i am staying rent free? it would only be for around 6 months. would it effect the application?

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:47 pm

You'll need to submit evidence of the size of the property and rooms to show it won't be overcrowded. Your cousin will also have to submit a letter agreeing to you living there and if he has a mortgage on the property, a copy of the mortgage agreement. If he owns it outright, a copy of the deeds. If he rents the flat, the landlord will be required to provide a letter agreeing to you joining the tenancy.

bossanovaboy

renting

Post by bossanovaboy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:45 am

Casa wrote:You'll need to submit evidence of the size of the property and rooms to show it won't be overcrowded. Your cousin will also have to submit a letter agreeing to you living there and if he has a mortgage on the property, a copy of the mortgage agreement. If he owns it outright, a copy of the deeds. If he rents the flat, the landlord will be required to provide a letter agreeing to you joining the tenancy.
I pretty much understand 90% of the papers i need to provide but can someone show me a list?

I have found a place to rent now, what kind of papers do i need? a rental agreement ? a letter stating the land lord is happy to allow us to stay ? anything else?

hur575

Re: renting

Post by hur575 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 am

bossanovaboy wrote:
Casa wrote:You'll need to submit evidence of the size of the property and rooms to show it won't be overcrowded. Your cousin will also have to submit a letter agreeing to you living there and if he has a mortgage on the property, a copy of the mortgage agreement. If he owns it outright, a copy of the deeds. If he rents the flat, the landlord will be required to provide a letter agreeing to you joining the tenancy.
I pretty much understand 90% of the papers i need to provide but can someone show me a list?

I have found a place to rent now, what kind of papers do i need? a rental agreement ? a letter stating the land lord is happy to allow us to stay ? anything else?
The UK visa website has a list of all the documents

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/

bossanovaboy

Post by bossanovaboy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:47 pm

hur575 wrote:
bossanovaboy wrote:

Thanks for the link.

But it just says proof of accomadation, is there anything more specific? That to me means a letter from my landlord saying i am staying there and he is happy to let me wife stay as well.

The UK visa website has a list of all the documents

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/

hur575

Post by hur575 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:06 pm

bossanovaboy wrote:

Thanks for the link.

But it just says proof of accomadation, is there anything more specific? That to me means a letter from my landlord saying i am staying there and he is happy to let me wife stay as well.

It has listed most things you need, a rental agreement is a must, a letter from landlord is also good, if your wife is not in the agreement. Some people also include Land Registry certificate and also a house inspection report, and photos of the property. I only included Land registry and photos with my rental agreement, I hope it is ok but if you have time and money it is best to include those two as well (house inspection and Land Registry certificate).

bossanovaboy

Post by bossanovaboy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:57 pm

hur575 wrote:
bossanovaboy wrote:

Thanks for the link.

It has listed most things you need, a rental agreement is a must, a letter from landlord is also good, if your wife is not in the agreement. Some people also include Land Registry certificate and also a house inspection report, and photos of the property. I only included Land registry and photos with my rental agreement, I hope it is ok but if you have time and money it is best to include those two as well (house inspection and Land Registry certificate).
Thanks guys,

So i have my rental agreement, a letter from the landlord saying he is happy for my wife to stay there and now i am waiting for the house inspection. so in total its 3 documents.