ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another Daft Question about ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FunkMaster

Another Daft Question about ILR

Post by FunkMaster » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Hello All,

Many thanks in advance to all those who take the time to assit me with my query.

I acquired a Work Permit through a consulting firm back in 2005 and entered the UK at the end of 2005 and worked for about a year and half on that Work Permit.

My work permit in my passport does not say anything about it being a Tier 1 or anything like that, just says Work Permit.

In 2007 I acquired permanent employment with a company and was provided with a Limited Leave to Remain valid for 5 years. So basically my work permit was transferred and replace with a Limited Leave to Remain. I have been in employment with this company since then.

Now I am trying to figure out what category I am supposed to be employing under.

Tier 1 General
Tier 1 General under HSMP Forum Judicial

Any guidance would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks
Rob

genorp

Post by genorp » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm sure others will chime in but there was no Tier 1/Tier 2 in 2007. I think you would use the Work Permit section. It seems your LLR was an extension of the work permit.
A friend of mine has the same LLR vignette as you do after entering on a work permit that got extended, so I'd like to see what others say as well.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:40 pm

I would agree with genorp. If you have never applied for and got HSMP or Tier-1 then it’s likely to be the extension of your work permit.

FunkMaster

Post by FunkMaster » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:59 am

Hello,

Thanks for your responses, so as I am not 100% sure on that, would it be safe enough for me to fill in the entire SET(O) form, excluding the section on Tier 1 points scoring system as I don't believe that applies to me.

Now the question just begs in my mind, do I select "Work Permit Holder" on Section 3 - Which Category (page 7) ... or do I leave it blank and ask at the Window when I apply in Person at the office?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:11 am

I don’t think so you need to fill the entire form. This would confuse the home office completely. You must have known if you had ever got HSMP or Tier-1.

If you are still not sure, I would suggest getting expert advice.

FunkMaster

Post by FunkMaster » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:28 pm

All,

I've been doing some further reading and found some additional paperwork and from what I can gather is this:

I was issued a Tier 2 (sponsored) Work Permit for which I entered the UK on, upon getting a permanent job with the company I was being contracted too, they transferred the Work Permit to the new company and the the Home Office issued me with an FLR (Limited Leave to Remain) that effectively extended my Work Permit to 2012.

So for my application, I have selected 'Work Permit' under the section called What Category? and as per the forms, I don't need to complete the Section 9 - Tier 1 - points assessment.

vishal.jha
Newly Registered

Post by vishal.jha » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:29 pm

FunkMaster

If you have any doubts on this, I would suggest calling up UKBA and asking them directly. They call normally gets through to someone within 5 mins.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:47 pm

you do not apply through points based system I know that for sure at least. you need to pass LIUK test as well.

FunkMaster

Post by FunkMaster » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:11 pm

vishal.jha wrote:FunkMaster

If you have any doubts on this, I would suggest calling up UKBA and asking them directly. They call normally gets through to someone within 5 mins.
Yeah I called them, the lady wasn't of much help to be honest ... basically told me that I can apply to get the information I am seeking from them, by submitting some form and payment through the Data Protection Act or something ... and I figured that they'd send me the paperwork that I already found.

As for the LIUK test, done that already.

Chatted to the sponsor who brought me into the UK and they told me it was a was a regular work permit that was tied to a company sponsorship (Tier 2 i think) ... all the home office paperwork I have, states Work Permit on it, so that's what I am going with.