ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Funds requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

narendc

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Funds requirement

Post by narendc » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Hello Guys,
I need your expert advice to process Tier 1 dependent visa for my wife.

Currently, I'm on Tier 1 General worker visa (extended in Dec 2011 for 2 years). I'm going to be married in the month of March and wondering if I can apply for dependent visa for my wife then. I have many questions which I tried looking into archived posts but couldn't get accurate answers. Can you please be so kind as to try and reply to my questions?

1. I have been working in the UK for more than 12 months. So, I'd have thought the maintenance funds for my wife should be just above £533. I have been maintaining around £540 combined of my two bank accounts since Dec 8th and can continue till March 8th so as to complete 3 months proofs. Will this be sufficient for fund maintenance?

2. I'll apply Tier 1 dependent visa for my wife from Hyderabad once I go on holiday in March. Would this affect anyway in the Maintenance fund requirement?

3. If dependent visa is not possible for my maintenance fund or if I could not produce the bank statements, is it worth trying for a visitor visa? If so, how long can my wife get that visa?

4. If I bring my wife on visitor visa, can I convert that to Tier 1 dependent visa within the UK or should my wife travel back India and get her status changed and come again?

Thanks and Regards,
Naren

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:57 pm

You have to show £1,333 (£800 for yourself PLUS £533 for spouse. It should not drop even 1p below this.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:08 pm

The amount of £800 for main applicant and £533 for dependant is valid in a case when both are applying for an extension at the same time.

For a fresh dependant application (when main applicant has been in UK for more than 12 months) you just need to show £533 in your account for 90 days. You can show the additional £800 just to strengthen your case but this is not mandatory.

Exerpts from the UKBA guidance

"If the main Tier 1 (General) applicant or migrant has been in the UK for less than 12 months, you must show that you or they have at least £1,600 to support you, in addition to the funds needed to support them.

If the main applicant or migrant has been in the UK for 12 months or more, you or they must have at least £533 to support you."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ent-funds/

narendc

Post by narendc » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Thanks for your reply Quicksam.

I have just above £533 pounds in my account so far, which I believe should be sufficient enough to process my wife's dependent visa. Anybody has any idea how much time it'll take in India to get the visa done? I appreciate your replies.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:45 pm

It should take between 2 to 6 weeks for a dependants application to be processed from India.

narendc

Post by narendc » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks again QuickSam. Is there anyway to expedite the process? I really want her to come along with me in 2 weeks time. Any premium service available like visiting PEO in the UK for Tier 1 visa?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:16 pm

VFS in India is similar to premium service in UK, without paying the additional fee.

Why do you want to visit the PEO in UK? It's your wife (In India) who needs the visa, not you.

There is no special service in India. The processing times are pretty competitive when you compare them to the processing time in UK.

narendc

Post by narendc » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:30 am

Thanks QuickSam. Sorry, but I don't understand what you just said.

I didn't mean to visit PEO (I know this is only in the UK). I was just asking if there is some similar service in India to process the visa. When you say VFS in India is similar to the premium service in the UK, how long will it take to process the dependent visa through VFS then?
The processing times are pretty competitive when you compare them to the processing time in UK
Does this mean if visa processing is done in a day in the UK visiting PEO, similar kind of service available in India?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:44 am

There is no way UK PEO application guarantees '1 day decision'. People who have attended PEO appointments have sometimes waited for 4 weeks to get a decision.

In India there is no express service. The fastest, the slowest and the only service provided for Dependant visa is by VFS which takes between 2 to 6 weeks (as already stated on my previous post)

narendc

Post by narendc » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks again!

I have been maintaining around £540 combined of my two UK bank accounts since Dec 8th and if I want to process Tier 1 dependent visa for my wife, I'm bit concerned if this will be deemed less (though sufficient according to the UKBA guidance document). If anyone got their Tier1 dependent visa with maintenance amount around my figure, can you please share your experience? The thing I don't want to happen is getting the visa rejected because of insufficient funds.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:23 pm

narendc wrote:Thanks again!

I have been maintaining around £540 combined of my two UK bank accounts since Dec 8th and if I want to process Tier 1 dependent visa for my wife, I'm bit concerned if this will be deemed less (though sufficient according to the UKBA guidance document). If anyone got their Tier1 dependent visa with maintenance amount around my figure, can you please share your experience? The thing I don't want to happen is getting the visa rejected because of insufficient funds.
At this stage you dont have any other option apart from showing £540 as dependant fund unless you can wait for another 3 months to show £1333. You can explain your funds in your sponsor letter by quoting UKBA statement.

narendc

Post by narendc » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks. I think I need to call up UKBA and find out this. But, I'm interested to know if anybody has been through my situation.

narendc

Post by narendc » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 am

Well, I had to rethink about applying for Tier 1 dependent visa keeping in mind of expert advices. So, is it okay if I first process visitor visa for my wife (around 6 months? what is the maximum time we get?) and later go on holiday back to India to get Tier 1 dependent visa. Any complications in this approach? Please advise.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:57 am

narendc wrote:Thanks for your reply Quicksam.

I have just above £533 pounds in my account so far, which I believe should be sufficient enough to process my wife's dependent visa. Anybody has any idea how much time it'll take in India to get the visa done? I appreciate your replies.
I applied for my new born son's visa last March 2011 with only £533 (£600) funds. (my wife had already dependent visa, she was there for delivery) but they rejected for 2 reasons..
the bank statements dont have logo and (these were taken print and stamped in the lloyds bank in London)
I do not have sufficient funds as per the rules.
I sent back the bank statements with logo and appealed it. Then they approved it. But the whole process took about 2 months after appeal.
Its upto you.

narendc

Post by narendc » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks Tirfk.
If you didn't have enough funds, how could your appeal got approved? Please clarify.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:18 pm

I believe he had sufficient funds for the dependant. His visa would have been rejected by the case worker assuming that he doesn't have the funds for himself (£800) and all the dependants (£533 * 2).

The plea got approved as the next time only a single dependant's maintenance amount £533 would have been considered

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:32 pm

narendc wrote:Thanks Tirfk.
If you didn't have enough funds, how could your appeal got approved? Please clarify.
It was some statement which I didnt quite get.. He said am short of about £2350 in funds.. It didnt make any sense to me.. as If I have to maintain whole 800+533+533 it will still be less than £2k and after deducting the amount I maintained- he should say you are less by £1200 or so.
SO I said I have maintained £533 as required. They accepted it. But I wasnt aware earlier that I need to show £1866 else I would have maintained that. It got delayed unnessasarily for more than 2 months. Once I sent it through VFS it took more than 4 weeks to tell me that it got refused. IF I had accepted that and reapplied, then in every subsequent visa application I need to inform that visa has been rejected once (in my son's application) it will be like a black dot. Hence I moved ahead with appeal.

narendc

Post by narendc » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Your inputs are greatly valued.

Can we also show UK bank statement (though she's in India, she's actively maintaining the account in the UK) of my spouse TOGETHER with mine to support minimum £533 requirement? I think answer to this question is critical in deciding if I can apply for Tier 1 dependent visa or visitor visa. Kindly advise.

aknche
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa Funds requirement

Post by aknche » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi, I am applying VISA for my Wife as dependent in March 2012 in INDIA.

My VISA category is Tier-1 General I am staying in UK since more than 2 years. Does she need to show English language requirement. She is Graduate in Telugu medium.
Does English language is mandatory or not for Tier-1 Dependent.

Could you please answer to my question and suggest me.

Thanks
Ak

narendc

Post by narendc » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:27 am

Any other help please?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:35 am

aknche wrote:Hi, I am applying VISA for my Wife as dependent in March 2012 in INDIA.

My VISA category is Tier-1 General I am staying in UK since more than 2 years. Does she need to show English language requirement. She is Graduate in Telugu medium.

Thanks
Ak
take a read of the PBS dependent policy guidance.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:03 pm

narendc wrote:Your inputs are greatly valued.

Can we also show UK bank statement (though she's in India, she's actively maintaining the account in the UK) of my spouse TOGETHER with mine to support minimum £533 requirement? I think answer to this question is critical in deciding if I can apply for Tier 1 dependent visa or visitor visa. Kindly advise.
Well, you can show £533 at your own risk.. as long as the statements are in your or your spouse name, it should be fine (whether in India or UK) but is it a entry clearance visa for you spouse or she visited before?
I honestly dont think applying as visitor is a good option when husband has got a tier 1 visa.

tirfk

Post by tirfk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Greenie wrote:
aknche wrote:Hi, I am applying VISA for my Wife as dependent in March 2012 in INDIA.

Thanks
Ak
take a read of the PBS dependent policy guidance.
For dependents english langauge is not a requirement right now but when you change it to ILR, then she might need to pass KOL exam.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:26 pm

There is no requirement for the dependant to meet the english language requirement. Please read the dependant form carefully and you would understand that yourself.

arijak
Newly Registered

Post by arijak » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:09 am

Thanks
Ak
Hi,
nope, u dont need to show any language requirement as you are not a permanent resident, only PR'S need to show their dependents language skills , not other visas, ... cheers