ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rehan Arain

Passport Application

Post by Rehan Arain » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi everybody,
I need the help here, please could anybody advise.

I got married in Dec 2011 and now my wife is to get her first passport, she went to passport office today in Lahore.

Now the question is, she has not changed her I.D Card name to my name as we wanted to keep that as it is. (Because it is simple, and secondly to be consistent with all her educational documents & nikah nama)

Now on passport application they asked Married or Unmarried, once she told them that she is married, they said you need to change I.D Card to husband’s name and bring husband’s passport copy.

As marital status is not shown on the passport......Is that ok... if she could mention unmarried and that’s how she can keep her I.D card name that also be shown on the passport.

Would it cause any problem with the embassy , when she is applying for visa, Would embassy check with NADRA?
Please advise.

enigma321

Re: Passport Application

Post by enigma321 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:09 pm

Rehan Arain wrote:Hi everybody,

I got married in Dec 2011 and now my wife is to get her first passport, she went to passport office today in Lahore.

Now the question is, she has not changed her I.D Card name to my name as we wanted to keep that as it is. (Because it is simple, and secondly to be consistent with all her educational documents & nikah nama)

Now on passport application they asked Married or Unmarried, once she told them that she is married, they said you need to change I.D Card to husband’s name and bring husband’s passport copy.

As marital status is not shown on the passport......Is that ok... if she could mention unmarried and that’s how she can keep her I.D card name that also be shown on the passport.

Would it cause any problem with the embassy , when she is applying for visa, Would embassy check with NADRA?
Please advise.
This happened with my wife. She kept her own surname but we had to get a new ID card made which instead of Fathers name said Husbands name. Then we got the passport made which says Husbands name on as well.

You might as well get both of these done as it would make everything easier and because both show the husbands name, it will make the case more solid.
SUBMITTED: 14/12/2011 @ ISB
UNDER PROCESS: 30/12/2011
READY FOR COLLECTION: 01/02/2012
VISA GRANTED

mas_sayed

Post by mas_sayed » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:16 pm

mars27 wrote:Hey syma...returned to AC means returned to application centre.... Then I think after a week the status changes to ready for collection....

Such a long wait :(

i know it is such a long wait :(
im hating it ... has anyone heard anything?
submitted at Lahore Gerrys on 30/11/11
under process at BHC on 15/12/11
Passport ready for collection on 26/1/12

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:48 pm

After 4 emails enquiring about the staus of our appeal review, we finally got a reply today. The application is still in a queue to be processed and unfortunately they are unable to comment on the time frame. The deadline given to the ECO is the end of this week so I sincerely hope they pull their socks up and get on with it!!
Submitted application: 02.05.2011
Refused: 07.07.2011
Refusal of entry clearance received: 08.08.2011
Appeal lodged in UK: 02.09.2011
Acknowledgement Letter received from AIT: 22.09.2011
Deadline given to ECO: 30.01.2012

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:52 pm

ooohhh rehana sis..u stil have tym. i hope they overturn their decision...(and ours).

did u send ur appeal docs of ur self?.,u dint hav a solicitor?

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Thank you Naila, Insha'allah I hope we all receive good news soon. Yes I lodged the appeal myself
Submitted application: 02.05.2011
Refused: 07.07.2011
Refusal of entry clearance received: 08.08.2011
Appeal lodged in UK: 02.09.2011
Acknowledgement Letter received from AIT: 22.09.2011
Deadline given to ECO: 30.01.2012

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Salaams

Is anyone here with vectone mobile? I need to print the history off my calls and they dont have it like monthly, they have it in like days, how many times you rang in a day and not the whole month inself wich is making it harder for me to print off.

I am now on lyca and their call history is soo much better to print off then vectone, I am still waiting to hear the results of my hubby English test, it should be here any day now insha'Allah, he said to me to check on the SLS College Jhelum website the results will be on there and so far his name isnt there :cry:

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:50 pm

why do u guys change ur sim card, every week for?..u shud stick to jus 1 sim and 1 number....!!!

u confuse urself, so no doubt the eco wil get confused too!!!!!..

lyca, vectone, icard, lebara!...they're al cheap to pakistan!...lol

i've been using icard since july...it also shows ur cal history online...

its simple..jus log in and print out!...xx

OH MY GOD!...400 POST!..U R JOKING!! :shock: :? :D :twisted:

Rehan Arain

Vectone bill

Post by Rehan Arain » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi nazia

To get vectone bill you need to ring customer services
And they will send u pdf bill.

I know their online print bill facility is really bad.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:10 am

Salam all,

We are still waiting. What could it be taking them forever? Please make dua for us, I am getting really worried as it's been over a calender month and still no sign of Passport collection :(
Allah is the greatest!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:04 am

^^ sis, how long do they giv u for passport??..dint they tell ur hubby?..

btw, u hav submitted it in mirpur init?..mayb they'r take longer ther..

my brother in law, submitted in islamabad and called him bk after 10 days!...

The_Waiting_Game
Newly Registered

Post by The_Waiting_Game » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:57 am

mas_sayed wrote:
syma wrote:
mas_sayed wrote:does anyone know when the status will changed to.. Returned to AC?
im hating this wait, should i email them or wait for a reply?
any news on ur side?
its going to be 60 days for you soon, i am really hoping u hear something soon as 98% apparently have been getting replies with in 60 days...
Nothing new on my side jus yet :(
What about u? Its taking forever to get a reply
Mas, u seem to be leading us december applications, so I guess u'll hear first out of all of us, which Inshallah should be very soon. Please post as soon as you hear anything via text or website, it may give us some hope ours isn't too far behind! :)

Mrs in Pakistan is going crazy with anticipation, as I'm here! Not a nice wait . . .

All the best, praying for all of us, chin up and keep positive ;)

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 am

*Nazia wrote:Salaams

Is anyone here with vectone mobile? I need to print the history off my calls and they dont have it like monthly, they have it in like days, how many times you rang in a day and not the whole month inself wich is making it harder for me to print off.

I am now on lyca and their call history is soo much better to print off then vectone, I am still waiting to hear the results of my hubby English test, it should be here any day now insha'Allah, he said to me to check on the SLS College Jhelum website the results will be on there and so far his name isnt there :cry:

i have vectonmobile i did print eachday call history when i went on hearing i show judge a bunch of logs of eash month hubbys number was highlighted.so i know it takes ages to print each day but no harm to print out of each day.dont keep change your number because maybe you have put that number on application form may be they will call you to do some checks on ur application.
best of luck
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..

som1984

Re: Passport Application

Post by som1984 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 am

enigma321 wrote:
Rehan Arain wrote:Hi everybody,

Please advise.
This happened with my wife. She kept her own surname but we had to get a new ID card made which instead of Fathers name said Husbands name. Then we got the passport made which says Husbands name on as well.

You might as well get both of these done as it would make everything easier and because both show the husbands name, it will make the case more solid.
is this compulsory that the status has to change to married and my name has to be present on the passport as im an inshaallah getting mariied in mid april and want to hand in my wifes application before the 28th of april before i return to england?????????????????????????

akaamir

Post by akaamir » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:43 am

Exquisit33 wrote:Salam all,

We are still waiting. What could it be taking them forever? Please make dua for us, I am getting really worried as it's been over a calender month and still no sign of Passport collection :(
it has been really long sis,i thought you m8 have received it by now.ask your husband email them,see what they say.
hope you receive it by end of this week .

and dont worry they just taking time its nothing else just kep praying inshallah you will hear good news soon.. :D :D :D
12/04/2011.applied 18/07/2011 Refused
read for collection..16/2/12 visa GRANTED
Going to apply for stay for hubby 2014
Allah (SWT) is the Greatest..

*Nazia
BANNED

Re: Vectone bill

Post by *Nazia » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Rehan Arain wrote:Hi nazia

To get vectone bill you need to ring customer services
And they will send u pdf bill.

I know their online print bill facility is really bad.
Do you know how long it will take to recieve it?

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:47 pm

XnailaX wrote:why do u guys change ur sim card, every week for?..u shud stick to jus 1 sim and 1 number....!!!

u confuse urself, so no doubt the eco wil get confused too!!!!!..

lyca, vectone, icard, lebara!...they're al cheap to pakistan!...lol

i've been using icard since july...it also shows ur cal history online...

its simple..jus log in and print out!...xx

OH MY GOD!...400 POST!..U R JOKING!! :shock: :? :D :twisted:
Lol Sis Naila

I was always on Vectone then I lost that sim card so I ordered a free lycamobile sim instead

Cant believe they aint 1p/min to mobile phone numbers anymore :cry:

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:07 pm

GT sim is cheap!...hehehehehhehehehehehehhehehe..

now girl, dont go changing to GT mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:14 pm

XnailaX wrote:GT sim is cheap!...hehehehehhehehehehehehhehehe..

now girl, dont go changing to GT mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are they 1p/min to both landline and mobile?

I change to whatever is the cheapest lol
I have all the print off bills that i need for visa anyways so after that anything will do xxxx

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:36 pm

yeh its quite cheap my sis was saying...

sis!!!..dnt keep changing ur number!..make sure u stick to 1 number that ur gona write in ur application form.!!!!!!!!!..

shamailaubaid

???

Post by shamailaubaid » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:51 pm

im going to apply for my husband's visa very soon INSHALLAH, but i dnt know wot to do? i have my own home on mortgage but its being refurbished so im living with my parents, and when he comes he will be staying here also until home is ready? what do i show in documents?
submitted @ lahore 07/02/12
waited 65 working days
Ready for Collection: 9/5/12
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

mas_sayed

Post by mas_sayed » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:06 pm

The_Waiting_Game wrote:
mas_sayed wrote:
syma wrote:
mas_sayed wrote:does anyone know when the status will changed to.. Returned to AC?
im hating this wait, should i email them or wait for a reply?
any news on ur side?
its going to be 60 days for you soon, i am really hoping u hear something soon as 98% apparently have been getting replies with in 60 days...
Nothing new on my side jus yet :(
What about u? Its taking forever to get a reply
Mas, u seem to be leading us december applications, so I guess u'll hear first out of all of us, which Inshallah should be very soon. Please post as soon as you hear anything via text or website, it may give us some hope ours isn't too far behind! :)

Mrs in Pakistan is going crazy with anticipation, as I'm here! Not a nice wait . . .

All the best, praying for all of us, chin up and keep positive ;)
Well ive not heard anything just as yet, its taking far too long to get a reply. :(

as soon as i do hear something i will post it asap! .. Good Luck to you all!
submitted at Lahore Gerrys on 30/11/11
under process at BHC on 15/12/11
Passport ready for collection on 26/1/12

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:58 pm

XnailaX wrote:yeh its quite cheap my sis was saying...

sis!!!..dnt keep changing ur number!..make sure u stick to 1 number that ur gona write in ur application form.!!!!!!!!!..
What number on what application form sis?
I have put no number down on anything, because im deaf I dont do no phone calls

Do I mention that anywhere in my visa?

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:07 pm

sis!!!..i told u b4 u must write a number..u shudve written 1 and if they do ring u, u cudve of given permission to a 3rd person or sumthing to take ur call..?...

a number on the vaf4a form innit..

oh well..Allah Hu Alim..:)

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:10 am

XnailaX wrote:^^ sis, how long do they giv u for passport??..dint they tell ur hubby?..

btw, u hav submitted it in mirpur init?..mayb they'r take longer ther..

my brother in law, submitted in islamabad and called him bk after 10 days!...
Sis all they said was it can take up to 28 days. But I guess due to the Christmas holidays they were closed for some days thus it is taking longer... I wonder how many days they were actually closed for?????:roll:

Our representative will contact them Insha'Allah, make dua please. This wait is actually worser than anything! :( Makes me sad!

Allah is most merciful! :)
Allah is the greatest!