ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ Solihull 25th Jan 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yameen
Newly Registered

ILR success @ Solihull 25th Jan 2012

Post by Yameen » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Dear All,

I am very delightled to let you all know that we have succeeded in getting our ILR today at the Solihull PEO.

My case was on WP+WP over 5 years. My wife had been here for just over 6months. We both went to the PEO and I would strongly recommend people to take there dependents. Lady luck is always beneficial.

We were interviewed by a lady case officer who was very kind.The interview was pretty simple and took no more than 10mins. My absences were aprrox 176 days but I don't think she even bothered to calculate it. She quickly flicked around the application and asked me my current employers letter and did checks on the screen for 3mins. She had a one page list of things to verify from her screen. Following that she asked for my payslips and 3months bank statements. She then asked for cohabitation documents. She had a calendar of months where she ticked the dates I provided cohab documents. Took latest tenancy agreement and latest bank statements as proofs. Went back inside and said your application looks fine and you both will be granted ILR today. So proceed to the cashier and make the payment.

We returned in an hour and collected our passports endorsed with ILR. Let me just take this opportunity to thank the members here who shared their valuable time and experience.

Good luck to prospective applicants!

bluebird2011

Dependent ILR

Post by bluebird2011 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi

You said your wife came to UK just 6 months ago. Dependents are normally eligible to apply for ILR after having spent 2 years as dependent in UK. Didn't the case worker raise that point?

Regards

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Re: Dependent ILR

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:48 pm

bluebird2011 wrote:Hi

You said your wife came to UK just 6 months ago. Dependents are normally eligible to apply for ILR after having spent 2 years as dependent in UK. Didn't the case worker raise that point?

Regards
Not required for those on WP ...

bluebird2011

ILR

Post by bluebird2011 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:17 pm

I had my HSMP in May 2007. Then had Tier 1 (General) in May 2009 and now eligible to apply for ILR in April 2012. Would my spouse be required to spend 2 years in UK before becoming eligible to ILR or Can she apply for ILR alongwith me irrespective of her length of stay.
Please note that in May 2007 the rule was that dependants of HSMP would get ILR with main applicant irrespective of their length of stay.
Your thoughts on this please!

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Re: ILR

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:26 pm

bluebird2011 wrote:Please note that in May 2007 the rule was that dependants of HSMP would get ILR with main applicant irrespective of their length of stay.
Bluebird, Do you have a reference to this rule anywhere ? any documents or links ???

As it is currently your wife would need to complete 2 years in country to get ILR ...

Yameen
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by Yameen » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:27 pm

bluebird2011 wrote:I had my HSMP in May 2007. Then had Tier 1 (General) in May 2009 and now eligible to apply for ILR in April 2012. Would my spouse be required to spend 2 years in UK before becoming eligible to ILR or Can she apply for ILR alongwith me irrespective of her length of stay.
Please note that in May 2007 the rule was that dependants of HSMP would get ILR with main applicant irrespective of their length of stay.
Your thoughts on this please!
As far as I know your dependent have to spend 2 years before she can apply. There is no reference in my knowledge that HSMP dependents are eligible straight away. My bro has recently applied and mentioned to me that his spouse needed to apply after 2 years as she was not eligible. All the best to you.