ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa - Do i need full Bank Statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sudanuk
Newly Registered

Visit Visa - Do i need full Bank Statement

Post by sudanuk » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:34 pm

@ the moment I live and work in Sudan, I have British passport. I have applied for a visit visa for my wife, She holds a sudaneses passport. She have received a visit visa last year. This year I applied for her a visit visa, and we indicated in the application form she will be visiting the fertility centre in LOndon. Therfore they refused her application, based on no evidence of funds available, and doctor appointment.

So we have applied again this time we submitted doctor and treatment fees, and letter from HSBC from my family account confirming that my family have substantial financial means to cover all expenese. Its been 3 weeks since I applied for my wife visa no respond. yesterday I went to the british embassy, to check on the progress of the application, they told me in the system it shows that we have to submit a bank statement and another doctor appointment. Anyhow we have contacted the bank to amend the letter by adding figures to the letter. they have added in letter that the account is in excess of 2 million pounds sterling.

My question is Do the British embassy have the right to have a full bank statement Or is it ok that we give them the new amendment stating in excess of 2 million pounds sterling in the account. I feel this letter it should be enough and detailed statement should be a confidential matter. Please advice, if I have a case,

hur575

Post by hur575 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi,

Well in the documents required it says you either you can submit bank statement or Bank letter or balance certificate- Showing the account balance, the account holder’s name and the date when the account was opened.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lement.pdf

Edited to add, as it is visit it actually states what evidence they need, I am not sure of the above can be accepted.

"if you will provide financial support and accommodation for your general visitor and/or pay for his/her travel to the United Kingdom, you should send us the following as evidence that you are able to do so:

copies of your bank or building society statements and payslips for the last six months;
or
a copy of your savings account book."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/