ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zainy

lost passport

Post by Zainy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 pm

hi to all,sorry im new to this forum and i do not know how to use it.i am going to apply ILR on the 10 years lawfull residence next week but i have one question that i had lost my 1st passport there is one exit and entry stemp on that passport but i don,t have any copy for that .could anybody give me suggestion. thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Apply for your SAR files.
Do you have a copy of your lost passport?
Do you have a police report?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Zainy wrote:hi to all , i am going to apply for ILR as a 10 years lawfull residence but my question is i lost my first passport and on my lost passport there were two visa ,one from my home country and 2nd from uk .i have copies for the first visa but have not copy for the 2nd visa.The passport i lost there was also a exit and entry stamp on that passport as i was on holidays for about four weeks. but i have not copy for that as well.NOTE the visa copy i don,t have was from 31/03/04 to 30/05/05.But then i got new passport and get endorsement on new passport that was starting from 02/03/05. WHAT I SHOULD DO NOW . THANKS
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:40 pm

How can I apply for a SAR request as I already apply for the indefinite on 10 year lawful residence.what I have to write to ukba get my immigration history .please could anybody tell me the whole process what documents I have to send while making a SAR request.Is there any specific application form to apply for a SAR request.

Post by 2012 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Zainy wrote:How can I apply for a SAR request as I already apply for the indefinite on 10 year lawful residence.what I have to write to ukba get my immigration history .please could anybody tell me the whole process what documents I have to send while making a SAR request.Is there any specific application form to apply for a SAR request.
1. If you have already applied then you shud have read the guidance and provide the evidence for the period your lost passport for.
2. As suggested above, shud have also informed the police about it and enclose the report with your application.

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:57 am

Sorry bit I will tell you whole story of my lost passport.I entered to uk on 15th feb 2002,this visa was valid until 31 march 2004.I have photocopies of this visa plus exit and entry stamp. Then I renewed my visa and the new visa was until June 2005.but I lost my passport on 15th feb 2005 along with my laptop and all documents.I report to the police and apply for a new passport & get a new passport but consulate keep the police repot.as my visa was until June 2005 so on my new passport I get endorsement which was from 1st march to 30th June.so basically I have not photocopy of my visa from 31 march 2004 to 1st 2005march and have no proof of entry and exit stamp which was four weeks holidays. At the moment I have nothing to cover this period. But I'm apply for SAR report might be if It come before the decision made so I will send it to HO.My question is this can they refuse me only this base that I have not any proof of my visa and entry exit stamp during the period mentioned above.Except that I have all other passports ant Im been out of uk for only 4 months in 10 years.I am so worried about this can anyone help about this question.thanks

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:02 am

vinny wrote:Apply for your SAR files.
Do you have a copy of your lost passport?
Do you have a police report?
vinny, how would apply for SAR help him ? on the other post someone told me SAR doesnot have the entry exit history ... it only lists the dates when applications were made to UKBA ....

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:05 am

Sometimes, it may also contain landing cards' details.

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:32 am

I have photocopy of my lost passport including exit stamp from Pakistan and entry stamp from uk.I already apply for SAR report.I do not have police report as Pakistani embassy keep the original police report and I do not have a photocopy. I'm been to police station to get a copy but they said that because it was report in 2005 and they have no records more than five years but in my new passport it is mentioned that his previous passport no .... Has been lost and that's why we issue him a new passport

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:55 am

Does Any body know that Is there any educational documents which submitted for student visa extention will be also include in SAR report?????????.plz tell me it's very important for me to know.thanks

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:20 am

Zainy wrote:Does Any body know that Is there any educational documents which submitted for student visa extention will be also include in SAR report?????????.plz tell me it's very important for me to know.thanks
The only educational document I received, along with my SAR, was the copy of my MSc degree and just a single letter from my university. Prior to my postgrad I did my undergrad from the same UK university but there were no documents included, in my SAR, related to my BSc apart from what I mentioned in my then visa extension form.

I was granted ILR last October on 10 years basis.

Hope this is helpful.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:16 am

did you get any entry or exit record in SAR .I mean entry or exit in uk

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:01 am

Zainy wrote:did you get any entry or exit record in SAR .I mean entry or exit in uk
No, apart from my first entry date. No landing cards, no other entry or exit dates whatsoever. But I have come across some posts where people actually received all their landing cards.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.