ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visa Refusal (2 times)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gmaster81
Newly Registered

General Visa Refusal (2 times)

Post by gmaster81 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:44 am

I had my visa application refused for the second time in two months. I applied for a General Visit Visa. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to appeal the decision of the Entry Clearance Officer. And I am also wondering how long it takes for the outcome of that appeal as my flight is in 30 days.

Thanks.

Country Applied From: Australia
Australian Visa Status: Permanent Resident
Passport: Bangladesh

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:58 am

what was the reason for refusal?

gmaster81
Newly Registered

Post by gmaster81 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 pm

dr_raihan29 wrote:what was the reason for refusal?
Thank you for your reply.

Here's a scan of my refusal letter http://www.zumodrive.com/file/download/ ... revision=2

Despite sending them airline+hotel+payslips+bank statements and even the national ID card scan of my gf and also her itinerary, I have been refused. It's amazing!!!

And the Entry Clearance Officer is plain wrong. I have Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) to remain in Australia as Permanent Resident and but he says I have limited leave to remain in Australia. I wonder how can these third class Clearance Officers with limited knowledge are employed using the hard earned UK taxpayers' money.

korp
Newly Registered

Post by korp » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:15 pm

I think you should appeal, and clearly point out what aspects were wrong and what was missed in the refusal decision, how long it takes depends on case to case. We did an appeal for a refusal of a family friend to visit and it took 3 weeks to get the decision, they agreed with our appeal and thought the refusal was wrong.