ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring Mother over here as dependant/visitor

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhavinjbhatt
Newly Registered

Bring Mother over here as dependant/visitor

Post by bhavinjbhatt » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi,

I am here under the Tier 1 General visa category with a visa valid for another two years.

My mother is a widow and lives in India. I would like to call her here as my dependant or even sponsor her as a visitor.

She is 53 years old, has no property in her name and no fancy bank balance. She doesnt work either. I send her money every month to survive.

Please advice me on how i can invite her here as a dependant, or visitor or anything, as really want her to be part of my life here, even if its a short visit.

Thanking you in advance.

Bhavin

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:42 pm

She may currently come only as a visitor, until you're granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bhavinjbhatt
Newly Registered

visitor

Post by bhavinjbhatt » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi,

If i want to sponsor her as a visitor, what documents does she have to supply. i assume from my side there will be income, savings, permanent job, payslips bank statements, house lease agreement....

what does she need, cause ukba seem to reject alot of people saying that there is no reason for you to go back. And my mum doesnt have a big bank balance, nor does she have any property in her name.

please advice

Thanks

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:26 pm

She could show close family ties like a brother or sister or other children.

You are right about lot of visas being rejected cause HO did not see a strong enough reason for the individuals to go back to their home country. So make sure you do present a convincing reason for your mum.

bhavinjbhatt
Newly Registered

family associations for visitor visa

Post by bhavinjbhatt » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi mate,

thanks for that response. my sister is in india , so my mum can prove that . Also, two of my mum's brothers are in india too. but how do we prove these family ties, what kind of documents do we supply.

please advice
thanks

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:49 pm

I am not sure as I did not require these myself but probably passport copies of any of these people with their permanent India addresses and relation proofs like your sister's passport would have your mother's name I guess.