ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension - UNIQUE case!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lndondream
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension - UNIQUE case!!

Post by lndondream » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:58 am

My partner has got a job offer in the UK and her Tier 1 visa due to renew Jan 2013. I was on Tier 1 visa but could not extend the visa and had to return to India. Would it be ok to travel back to the UK as a visitor visa and stay ( umemployed) and return to India to change to DEPENDENT Tier 1 visa? Question is would to be possible to have visitor visa changed to Tier 1 dependent and what all documents do I need to submit?

Thanks all for your expertise and appreciate.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:14 am

This ain't a unique case.

I don't see a problem with converting to a Dependant visa because it doesn't matter what visa you were on. What matters is, what visa you are applying for. You'd be applying for a general dependant visa and this should be same as any other general dependant application.

You can choose to apply in country, if you are already in UK on visitor visa.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:51 am

I think QuickSam you have correctly stated but as per my understanding, anyone on Visitor or tourist Visa can not convert into any other category. They can do so from their parent country but not in UK.

Please check this clause before planning.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:14 am

mantasingh,

Is your understanding based on facts? or is it just a speculation?

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:31 am

Refer the Application form for dependents and it clearly states that.

D. Immigration history
It is mandatory to complete Section D. If it is not complete the application will be invalid and will be returned to the dependant.
Please note: In order to qualify for further leave to remain in the UK as the dependant of a person under the Points Based System, the individual must have either travelled to the UK with entry clearance as the dependant of the main applicant; or have been last granted leave to remain as a dependant of the main applicant in a qualifying category. If the dependant does not meet either of these criteria it is likely that his/her application will be refused. Please see the guidance notes for further information.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... ation1.pdf

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:42 am

And even then I got my wife's dependant visa in UK.

She travelled from US as a visitor. As she is Indian, she needed a visitor visa and then converted it to Tier 1 dependant in UK.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:53 pm

QuickSam wrote:And even then I got my wife's dependant visa in UK.

She travelled from US as a visitor. As she is Indian, she needed a visitor visa and then converted it to Tier 1 dependant in UK.
Totally impossible .

It is not allowed to change inside Uk from a visitor to Tier 1 Dep.

Please read guidance .

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Please read what I have written. I got the approval.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:26 pm

QuickSam,

Your case may have been very peculiar and I am glad to hear it worked out for you.

As other people have stated, based on the policy guidance and based on the initial query, you would have to go back to your home country and apply.

Kind Regards