ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Family application

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramesheuk

OCI Family application

Post by ramesheuk » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi,

I am about to apply for OCI under family application (me, my wife and 2 children) and needed some information. Please could any one help me?

1) Does all of us should go to HCI for submit the application? Or main applicant (me) is enough?

2) My first son born in India and got his UK citizenship. Do I need to submit his original birth certificate? Will they give it to us back immediately?
3) My second son born in UK but have Indian passport initially. Now he also got is UK Citizenship. Do I need to give his full version of birth certificate (Original) or short version?
4) Please could you list me all the documents required (originals / copy) and do we need to take two copies of all of them?

Thanks in advance

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:34 pm

1) Does all of us should go to HCI for submit the application? Or main applicant (me) is enough?
You can go on the behalf of your family and apply. In usual circumstances they do not require everyone to be present, however if there are some doubts that get raised on your family application, you might be required to present your family to answer these (atleast your wife, if not your children)
2) My first son born in India and got his UK citizenship. Do I need to submit his original birth certificate? Will they give it to us back immediately?
Have you surrendered his Indian Passport and gotten the surrender certificate, if yes, then no need for the birth certificate. Also HCI will not keep any originals (except application). They are returned back to you immediately after verification
3) My second son born in UK but have Indian passport initially. Now he also got is UK Citizenship. Do I need to give his full version of birth certificate (Original) or short version?
Again, have you surrendered his Indian Passport and gotten the surrender certificate ? If yes, then no need for the birth certificate
4) Please could you list me all the documents required (originals / copy) and do we need to take two copies of all of them?
One copy needed (not two copies, I know it says that on the website). List of documents is on the HCI website.

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:45 am

Thanks Krazydude...
I will check the website again..

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:54 am

Hi,

Just got another doubt.

1) If I am appling for family of 4 (using family application), do I need 4 sets of Part A and Part B?

Because it is asking to sign in Part B. So, I guess we need 4 sets. Please advice me.

2) Does Minor should sign / put his thumb impression on application (Part A)? And what about Part B of minor application? Do I need to sign on behalf of him?

Thanks in advance

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:45 am

Hi,

Please could any one advice me on this?

If I have to attach only one Part B, then how can I write two children names in that as it gave space for only one child name?

There are two signature spaces available in Part B. I guess these two or for two adults. Please correct me if I am not correct.

Thanks