ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP ILR soon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adil2009

WP ILR soon

Post by adil2009 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:32 pm

dear all,

I am on WP ,goin to apply in June for ILR ,with my wife and baby. my wife going to join me in uk in April month ,as she already got WP dependent visa and my baby also.
My question is ,she didn't stay with me for two year in UK. Does she eligible to apply with my for ILR ? if yes ,does we need to show Co-Habitation Docs ?

** she is on wp dependent visa.

Many Thanks

adil2009

Re: WP ILR soon

Post by adil2009 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:55 am

Please reply me i am really worried . thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:02 am

Don't worry. There is no minimum residential qualifying period for dependants of Work permit holders, when applying for ILR. They may apply for ILR with you (196E). KOL required.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:39 am

Many Thanks vinny ,you are the life saver. but why in application form SET(O) ,they mentioned to provide 2 years Cohabitation Proof documents.?
Please help me with this.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:19 am

Probably related to PBS dependants.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:50 am

adil2009 wrote:Many Thanks vinny ,you are the life saver. but why in application form SET(O) ,they mentioned to provide 2 years Cohabitation Proof documents.?
Please help me with this.
May be its worth to mention on your CoverPage that you are applying based on 5 years on WP and hence donot need to show cohab proofs ... Or if you goto PEO then its easier explained to the CW ...

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Well recently i know someone who got ILR on work permit, his wife just join him 2 or 3 months before...

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:29 pm

vinsha wrote:Well recently i know someone who got ILR on work permit, his wife just join him 2 or 3 months before...
thanks vinsha , you gave me a breath.if possible can you please find out what sort of documents from his wife side ?any Cohabitation Proof documents?

Hope to hear from you soon.

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Life in u.k,marriage certificate,and address proof council latter....j

adnanjamil
Newly Registered

similar query

Post by adnanjamil » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Hello Vinsha,
I am due for ILR application in coming few months. My wife came to UK 2 1/2 yrs ago.
I do not have any evidence of her cohabitation (with me) as I have not registered my wife with Council during this period. We have moved 3 houses during this period. I have 1 evidence from each house in her name in the form of Bank Statement.
1. Is this sufficient evidence for her cohabitation with me. SET(O) form doesnt ask specifically for any form. Isnt our marriage certificate enough?
2. What documents Home Office requires to show Cohabitation.
Thanks in advance for your help