ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for visa extention for resit ?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shamsa01

Can I apply for visa extention for resit ?

Post by shamsa01 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi, My visa is expiring on 16th march I have already submitted my dissertation but my college is delaying results. my question is that if I failed can i still apply for visa extension and what documents would be needed. Thanks

Re: Can I apply for visa extention for resit ?

Post by 2012 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:43 pm

shamsa01 wrote:Hi, My visa is expiring on 16th march I have already submitted my dissertation but my college is delaying results. my question is that if I failed can i still apply for visa extension and what documents would be needed. Thanks
1. Your college wud be the best place to answer this question as they wud know wat needs to done in this case.

sailesh

Post by sailesh » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:54 pm

shamsa01 wrote:Hi, My visa is expiring on 16th march I have already submitted my dissertation but my college is delaying results. my question is that if I failed can i still apply for visa extension and what documents would be needed. Thanks

EMAIL OR CALL THE HOME OFFICE
I believe if you write to home office and explain you situation they will have to give u a minimum of 6 month if they reply back saying it is not possible to grant u leave in uk then you should ask them why

they will not be able to reply you that for sure as there is no law stating if someone is waiting for the result and visa is expiring they got to leave the country and you as a student you have paid tax and invested yourself for a recognised degree so bombared the home office with a advice letter
hope it work as my mate done it till he managed to get his Honoured MBA picture and video with lot of it and he kick the A$$ of home office and went to America

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:41 pm

sailesh wrote:

EMAIL OR CALL THE HOME OFFICE
I believe if you write to home office and explain you situation they will have to give u a minimum of 6 month if they reply back saying it is not possible to grant u leave in uk then you should ask them why

they will not be able to reply you that for sure as there is no law stating if someone is waiting for the result and visa is expiring they got to leave the country and you as a student you have paid tax and invested yourself for a recognised degree so bombared the home office with a advice letter
hope it work as my mate done it till he managed to get his Honoured MBA picture and video with lot of it and he kick the A$$ of home office and went to America
You don't 'write to the UKBA and ask them to grant you leave' if you wish to be granted leave, you make an application on a presribed form under the appropriate category. A student whose leave has expired has no right to remain in the UK purely due to the fact that s/he has studied in the UK and paid tax.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:47 pm

If you fail then you may be able to extend your leave if your university is willing to sponsor you further and issue you a CAS. This depends on whether you are making satisfactory progress and how many attempts you have already had at the module you have failed (no more than 3 more attempts are permitted under rules).

Universities have set dates for exam boards and therefore to announce results. You need to find out when your exam board is so that you know how much time you are likely to have to apply for an extension if you fail or apply for PSW if your pass.