ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW SWITCHING TO TIER 2 when can i apply

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

summerlady

PSW SWITCHING TO TIER 2 when can i apply

Post by summerlady » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi all, pPlease can anyone help with this question. I cant seem to find an answer from the guidance.
I am on PSW and my visa will be running out in 7 months time.
My employer has requested to apply for me and i satisfy all requirements.

My question is can i apply now to switch to tier 2 or do i have to wait until my visa is left with about 2 months.

Thank you all.

Raone

Post by Raone » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:57 pm

When should you apply?
You should apply as soon as possible, and before your current permission to stay expires.

The date of your application depends on whether you apply by post, by courier or in person. See 'More information' below.

ggeegg
Newly Registered

When should I apply

Post by ggeegg » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Dear friend,

Let me advise you something from the bottom of my heart and in all fairness. Mate, apply NOW, please don't delay and wait around for your PSW to come to its end.

WHY

Well, mate you might find your self in a Simpson situation if the home office put some new rules in place that might go against your situation (they do this announced sometimes). I suggest you speak to your employer and persuade them to make a head start with the application as from your next working day. You will be so relaxed after that trust me.

Next thing you want is that some new amendments has gone into policy and you find yourself no longer are eligible. And you know that will seriously risk not only your stay here but your job also.

Please Please apply as soon as you can.

Good luck,

Wishing you the best of luck

summerlady

Thank you

Post by summerlady » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Thank you for your advice. I Will put it in as soon as possible.

khans

Post by khans » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi Mate,

The best advice is to apply now. My ter 2 got rejected on thursday on the basis that my salary is less than what it should be for the role as per SOC list. You can find the list here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... duate-cop/

Had i applied a bit earlier, after rejection I could have asked my employer to raise the salary to the figure in SOC and then re-apply before the expiry of my existing leave. My PSW expired on the 08th so my only option is to appeal against the decision. It can be any other reason and not just this. So you will still have time to make a correct application even if it gets rejected the first time.