ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:21 pm

ohh k..wil let me dad kno and see wht he says..

JZK M.K.

ZAZA2011
Newly Registered

Post by ZAZA2011 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:06 pm

any december applicants heard anything today

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Congratulations General!!! The wait is finally over for you alhumdulillah. Please keep the rest of us in ur dua's.
Submitted application: 02.05.2011
Refused: 07.07.2011
Refusal of entry clearance received: 08.08.2011
Appeal lodged in UK: 02.09.2011
Acknowledgement Letter received from AIT: 22.09.2011
Deadline given to ECO: 30.01.2012

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Sayyidi wrote:I would have thought that recent payslips confirmed that i am still an employee, however I have requested my employers to update the old document regarding my employment.

@ Nazia :
me and you are in the same boat. I have to send these last few documents to update everything. My wife's English results took long. Your lucky you've got someone going to PAK, I'm going to send them via royal mail and hope they get there. Have you booked your gerry's appointment?

@ aaaa123 :
Thankx yaar, I have told my wife to not leave the place until she has all three documents. Much appreciated.

@ Exquisite33 :
That is a good idea, I will fill the form out and forward to my wife to sign.
My property survey is around 7 weeks old, will i have a problem?

@ All

Good luck, and Jummah Mubarek.
Salaams bro

No I havent yet made an appointment, that can only be done when my hubby gets his reults, and is ready to submit his papers and pay the fee.

Im just worried that the papers I have sent are too old, I mean it isnt my fault that they take ages in Pakistan for anything too happen quickly.

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:21 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:@Nazia
The 3 sheets i told u about i know that is for city n guilds but i dont know about other test centres.
The house inspection report is valid 4 3 months the women who made mine said that but once i rang sum immigration ppl n they told me its valid 4 6 months.
employers letter I have read in batleykhans post that it shudnt b more than 6 weeks old.
The reason y I told u to write the info about the delay in the forms coz my lawyer said to me if thier any important info like if u were under the age limit n that write in the form coz the eco sumtimes dont read all of the sponsorship letter. I just wrote a lil note n attached it wid my paperwork.
But the ppl at gerrys r so annoyin they made my hubby do 2 copies each of all of my paperwork n they took the treasury tag off n mixed all papers up, they didnt put the tag back n put them in i dont know wat order.
The reason for my delay is that i didnt have a job, no-one would employ me because on the grounds of my disability that i am deaf but i made every sngle effort to look for whatever job there was but with no luck i had to just go and look at other factory jobs etc...

The v4afa form... can i get that here in the UK, fill it in myself and send it off to hubby when i send the rest of the papers and all he has to do is sign it?

Im sure we can print the form off from UKBA website

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:32 pm

http://www.makemytrip.com/legal/VisaForms/vaf4a.pdf

there u go nazia sis..print out this form and fill in al the details and send to ur hubby wiv al the other docs..:)..hope that helps xx

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Good Luck Nazia
No I dont think so any of the december applicants have heard anything 2day. They will hear sumthing most likely on monday or thursday. In abu dubai the eco work from sunday to thursday. I think thats y most applicant got ready for collection on thursday the end of thier week n not friday which is end of our week.
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 pm

XnailaX wrote:http://www.makemytrip.com/legal/VisaForms/vaf4a.pdf

there u go nazia sis..print out this form and fill in al the details and send to ur hubby wiv al the other docs..:)..hope that helps xx
Jazak'Allah Khair sis xxx

awaham
Newly Registered

Post by awaham » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Rehana wrote:
awaham wrote:Salam All. I am new to this epic and a very informative thread. I am a UK citizen but from Pakistan originally. I got married in Dec 2011 in Pakistan to my wife who also happens to be my cousin (she is daughter of my father's sister). It was an arranged marriage. I am in the process of gathering evidence for a settlement visa for her in the UK. I had a few questions I was wondering if any one on this forum could shed a bit more light on.

1 - Does that fact she is my cousin and I had not met her before, (ive been in UK for 12 years since my last visit to pakistan) and that it was an arranged marriage, mean that the UKBA will look on it unfavourably when assessing my application.

2 - I was only able to stay for 1 week post marriage, due to not able to get a long enough leave as I work as a doctor, Will they see that as a problem.

3 - My wife is also a doctor, we were not sure whether her medical degree would pass as adequate evidence for english language ability. So she booked an IELTS test which she has been given a date of 10 march and their 13 day results mean earliest she could possibly apply is end of march. I was wondering if the degree would be accepted by the UKBA or IELTS is needed. And even if the degree is accepted then should we just play it safe and send it after IELTS or without it (that way we could apply mid feb time).

4 - I need some help with my declaration statement, I originally declared my identification details, my wife's details, my employment status and salary, funds available in my bank account and the proposed residence. However having read a few posts of this thread I wonder whether I should include a paragraph or two about the arranged marriage, lack of pre-marital relationship due to religious views on arrange marriage etc? Has anyone got a sample/template copy i could look through to get some info (with the personal details take out obviously!)

I would be greatful for your views and help on above.

@Awaham- I would strongly recommend that your wife submits her visa once she has received her IELTS results. A degree on its own is not sufficient- we learnt the hard way! My husband submitted his original degree along with a letter from the university confirming that the entire degree content was taught in English. He included his academic transcripts along with the application however this wasn't sufficient.

If yor wife intends on practicing in the UK, then she will need to appear in the IELTS to register with GMC. (You need to have 80% interaction with patients in English which in Pakistan is fairly difficult to achieve in order to be exempt from this requirement!) So your safest bet is waiting until she has received her results.

As far as the other points are concerned, the UKBA will not look upon your application unfavourably as the vast majority of applications submitted are very similar to yours and they understand that this is the norm in our culture. However it is imperative that you submit evidence that you have remained in contact upon your return the UK be it through telephone calls, letters, emails etc. Photographs of the wedding and days after are also essential. You should explain the lack of time spent togeher in your supporting letter. Any points you feel may raise question marks must be addressed in your supporting letter. It is better to add too much than too little I feel..

I kept my sponsorship declaration seperate from my supporting letter. I have used the same format for my sponsorship declaration for each time we have applied for a visa (4 in total) and there have never been any issues with this. It merely needs to state your full name, dob and address and confirm that you are wiling to sponsor and accomodate your spouse (inc their dob and full address) I also listed my savings and that I intended to use this to maintain him during his visit to the UK and also my full employment address. All other details went into my supporting letter i.e how we met, the contact we have had, why we are applying for a settlement visa after 6 years of marriage, previous travel history etc.

Hope this helps

Please make du'a for the rest of us.
Thank you v much about the info, it helps a lot. My wife has actually been given a IELTS exemption until dec 2012 from GMC as she had just qualified, so she can take a PLAB exam without an English course until then. Thats why I initially thought if GMC dont have a problem then why should UKBA. But we'll play it safe, Her test is booked in march. Shes doing a general IELTS test as that was the earliest opportunity, should that be a problem and am I correct in assuming she needs a score of 4 in all categories for the purpose of the visa.

Having read the most recent posts it looks like Im gonna have to have a new copy of my declaration and property survey to be made as they were done in dec and we'll be applying in end of march/april inshaAllah.

Also for land registry do they accept the online report given by the land registry website for £4 or do I have to go for the 'official report' which is £8 and have to fill in a paper form for to request it.

Good to see people's patience being rewarded. I wish all of us get through this test from Allah (S.W.T) . Ameen.

Exquisit33

Re: Spousal visa application

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:35 pm

General30 wrote:Thanks naila
I hope you all hear something positive really soon inshallah it is stressing I know but just have your faith in Allah and everything will be ok inshallah
And I would like to say that I got told by a friend to contact my mp at the house of commons which I did and I got my call in letter straight after 2 weeks of my mp contacting the uk border agency these guys really help and I would strongly recommend anyone who thinks they are taking ages to contact there local mp it works

May Allah make the wait easy for u all ameen and unite. With your loved ones.

Equisite sis have u had your passport returned yet ?
Congrats General30 soo happy for you. Finally there is a positive outcome from a long wait. Alhumdhulila! I wish you both a happy married life together. Mubarakah!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I still have not heard anything. I dunno why they are taking so long to give passport back? Make dua for us please!
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:38 pm

m.k wrote:@ naila
Try marsha singh the local mp cos ur in bradford he wos da one who requested 4 my appeal hearing date to be brought forward and they did.
Yeah Marsha Singh is really good I have heard he is helpful. Naila sis contact him!
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:43 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote: But the ppl at gerrys r so annoyin they made my hubby do 2 copies each of all of my paperwork n they took the treasury tag off n mixed all papers up, they didnt put the tag back n put them in i dont know wat order.

Yes these people at Gerrys made my husband make two copies (they done it but he paid for it) and they mixed everything up. I think that's how our payslips got hidden under some other documents and thus were totally overlooked. I think when the ECOs check the application or documents they just look at what's in front of them rather than going through individual paperwork, Gerrys definitely messed our paperwork order. Hubby said they just shoved the documents anyhow and stapled photographs on white paper totally- ruined my pics :(
Last edited by Exquisit33 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allah is the greatest!

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:46 pm

@awaham
No the test should be fine. For UKBA purposes, an overall band of 4 is sufficient however for GMC purposes she would need a minimum of 7 in each.

It would probably be a good idea for you to have those documents redone as they will be over 4 months old when you do intend on submitting your application. Better to be safe than sorry.

As for your query regarding land registry, Im afraid I cant help you as I have never submitted this with our application however I am sure somebody else will be able to advise.

Good luck
Submitted application: 02.05.2011
Refused: 07.07.2011
Refusal of entry clearance received: 08.08.2011
Appeal lodged in UK: 02.09.2011
Acknowledgement Letter received from AIT: 22.09.2011
Deadline given to ECO: 30.01.2012

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:50 pm

general look at ma pm plzzzzz...

exquisit..wher do i start wiv mp? lol..i dnt kno wht to do :(

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:55 pm

XnailaX wrote:general look at ma pm plzzzzz...

MPs have an office and you can go visit them by appointment. You can find their details on the net as well. Or sometimes they sit in community places like the library to help people out with lots of things i.e immigration.
Allah is the greatest!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:00 pm

lol i wanted to do it widout my dad finding out lol...ohh forget it...my hubby wil get the visa in no tym Inshallah..guysssssssss...positive thinking plzzzz!!!!!...

:) :D 8)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:31 pm

lol..good news!..jus told my dad about this marsha singh..he was like, ohh yeh HIM!! LOL

i thawt he might flip, but no Alhamdulilah he was cool, hes gna sort sumat out..hehehe....im soo happy!!..:)

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:08 pm

XnailaX wrote:lol..good news!..jus told my dad about this marsha singh..he was like, ohh yeh HIM!! LOL

i thawt he might flip, but no Alhamdulilah he was cool, hes gna sort sumat out..hehehe....im soo happy!!..:)
Good stuff!

Yup okay you could treat us then, i will keep a fast for a few days.

:D
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

shade00
Member of Standing

Re: English Test Requirement

Post by shade00 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Mandarin wrote:Thank you shade00. I called the centre and they had no clue... Said they would ring me back if they found it. This was apparently the only centre approved by Cambridge for the English test :( How could they not hand me the results?

You should try to contact the main branch where the results and mark and certificates sent out from. They should have your resuls on the system. Usually some of the approved centres just conduct tests and i doubt they retain the results on their systems. Get info the contact the examining board.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

General30

Post by General30 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:34 am

XnailaX wrote:general look at ma pm plzzzzz...

Hi naila
I'm sorry for late reply I have just got in and seen your post right here is the link http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/ put your post code in when you get on the page and it will bring up your mp and please remember that there is a different mp in every area of bradford so only a certain person incharge of your area can deal with the matter for you and you will find their details just email them and remember to also write your address in the email to because they always respond by post and watch inshallah in 2 weeks u will have your visa hope this helps
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Acknowledgement received 14/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Call in letter recieved 24/01/2012
Passport submitted 01/02/2012
Passport returned 05/03/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

General30

Spousal visa application

Post by General30 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:49 am

Hi thanks for your kind words equisite inshallah u will get your passport back next week because u submitted it really close to christmas that's why it has taken long coz of holidays and i know some of them have 28 days off personally i think all the eco probably came back to work on like 23/1/12 and had a load to catch up on And ofcourse I will keep u all in my duas I also wish u a very happy married life:)

Thanks Rehana don't worry inshallah you will hear something soon just stay positive
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

General30

Spousal visa application

Post by General30 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:51 am

Hi thanks for your kind words equisite inshallah u will get your passport back next week because u submitted it really close to christmas that's why it has taken long coz of holidays and i know some of them have 28 days off personally i think all the eco probably came back to work on like 23/1/12 and had a load to catch up on And ofcourse I will keep u all in my duas I also wish u a very happy married life:)

Thanks Rehana don't worry inshallah you will hear something soon just stay positive
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

m.k

Post by m.k » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:59 am

Has anyone's huby/wife taken a city and guilds test? Any ideas on how easy/hard it is? Also wat documents do they provide?

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:59 am

Hi all,

Has anyone used for a language test.. . NTS - in Pakistan? (National Testing Service) for the language requirement and if UKBA accepted it?

feedbak appreciated!

Mandarin

Re: English Test Requirement

Post by Mandarin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:18 am

shade00 wrote:
Mandarin wrote:Thank you shade00. I called the centre and they had no clue... Said they would ring me back if they found it. This was apparently the only centre approved by Cambridge for the English test :( How could they not hand me the results?

You should try to contact the main branch where the results and mark and certificates sent out from. They should have your resuls on the system. Usually some of the approved centres just conduct tests and i doubt they retain the results on their systems. Get info the contact the examining board.
I did that yesterday, and they said I would receive it in my email. :) I got it this morning and then realized I also need a candidate secret number which was not on my results page... Hence wrote to them again! *sigh*

I wanted to ask if one's sponsor acts as a non legal representative at the hearing, is that enough or should one hire a legal rep?