ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK Test : Incomplete Name Vs Full Name in Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nnj10

Life in UK Test : Incomplete Name Vs Full Name in Visa

Post by nnj10 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:42 am

My name in passport and Visa reads as AA BB CC (where AA being my first name, BB the middle name and CC is my last name/surname)

I sat the Life in the UK test using my driving licence as an ID proof in which my name is AA CC (no middle name), but most other documents have it in format AA BB CC (Some with just B- only Initial with middlename)
My bank statements have my first and middle name with only initial as opposed to full names.

My query is, can we amend the life in the uk certificate to include my full name (incl. middle name) or would I have to sit another test and ask them to include my full name?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:12 am

Forgot to mention, my wife has the same issue.
Missing her middle name (my maiden name as her middle name) in test pass letter.
Her residence permit has her full name , so is her passport

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:27 pm

I would suggest you to request UKBA for your or your wife SAR file. If your Life in the UK test is in file or in your wife file then you don't need to worry...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:48 pm

angelloveguy wrote:I would suggest you to request UKBA for your or your wife SAR file. If your Life in the UK test is in file or in your wife file then you don't need to worry...
why would the life in the UK test be in the wife's SAR file if she hasn't made her application yet?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:32 pm

What is the best option, Should we book another test and ensure this time we get complete Fulll Names printed on our test certificates?

I know they print the names as we enter the name field while booking the test online (Double checked by logging back in the LIUK website, and first name is just the maiden first name as printed on my test pass certificate).

So while booking a test, one has to ensure that the first name is as per passport and residence permit; as opposed to just maiden first name :(
Last edited by nnj10 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:49 pm

nnj10 wrote:What is the best option, Should we book another test and ensure this time we get complete Fulll Names printed on our test certificates?

I know they print the names as we enter the name field while booking the test online (Double checked by logging back in the LIUK website, and first name is just the maiden first name as I printed on my test pass certificate).

So while booking a test, one has to ensure that the first name is as per passport and residence permit; as opposed to just maiden first name :(
I think it should be OK - in particular considering you have to provide photo ID to take the test which is recorded on the certificate