ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 registration for children

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gka
Newly Registered

MN1 registration for children

Post by gka » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently on Tier 1 General visa and due for ILR in 2 months. My children were born in UK. I got Tier 1 dependant visa for one child but haven't got indian passport and visa for my second child recently born.

My question is - do I need to apply for their ILR with our application. OR I could apply for ILR just for myself and my spouse. Once I receive ILR, I can register my children for British Citizenship.

Please advise.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: MN1 registration for children

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:41 pm

If you don't plan to travel with kids outside the UK until registration, then:
could apply for ILR just for myself and my spouse. Once I receive ILR, I can register my children for British Citizenship.

gka
Newly Registered

Post by gka » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Jambo wrote:If you don't plan to travel with kids outside the UK until registration, then:
could apply for ILR just for myself and my spouse. Once I receive ILR, I can register my children for British Citizenship.
Many thanks for your reply. If I apply for their registration in Jan 2012 and I plan to travel out of UK by end of July 2012. As per current timelines, would this be sufficient period to register them and get UK passport.

Many thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Should not be a problem.
MN1 registration takes 1-2 months.
Passport 2-3 weeks.

gka
Newly Registered

Post by gka » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Many thanks. One more help. I am doing cost calculation and just wanted to confirm the following related to current UKBA fee:

1. UKBA fee for MN1 resgistration for 2 children - £810 OR £540*2

Bit confused with the multiple minor main and multiple minor dependant terms.

2. What would be the fee for getting UK passport after MN1 registration or naturalisation.

3. If we apply for naturalisation, would it be a single fee £1294 (whether we apply for 2 adults separately or apply for 2 adults and 2 children together.

Many thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:34 pm

gka wrote:Many thanks. One more help. I am doing cost calculation and just wanted to confirm the following related to current UKBA fee:

1. UKBA fee for MN1 resgistration for 2 children - £810 OR £540*2
£810
2. What would be the fee for getting UK passport after MN1 registration or naturalisation.
See child passport and adult passport
3. If we apply for naturalisation, would it be a single fee £1294 (whether we apply for 2 adults separately or apply for 2 adults and 2 children together.
The joint fee only applies for the adults naturalisation. Children registration is a separate fee regardless if applying together or not.

kmore97

Post by kmore97 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Jambo wrote:If you don't plan to travel with kids outside the UK until registration, then:
Hi Jumbo, I didn't get ILR stamped for my UK born child. I and my wife have got ILR just few days ago and the child was born well before our ILR stamp. When we applied for Tier 1 extension I did apply it for my child as well, but I didn't apply for her ILR with ours thinking she's eligible for registration (MN1) as soon as we the couple get our ILRs. The MN1 form section 1.3 asks for date of ILR for the child - can I leave this field blank?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:30 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:56 am

If I apply for ILR for child at the same time as parents and if all are granted ILR, can I then also apply for Child's Naturalisation (MN1) in the following weeks, without having to wait for 12 months as us adults have to?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:48 am

Where was child born?
How old is child?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:56 am

vinny wrote:Where was child born?
How old is child?
Sorry I didn't mention that.
Child was born in UK and she is now 4 year old.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:05 pm

No need to wait for 12 months.

charismatic_one

Post by charismatic_one » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi,
I am due to apply for my child's MN1 application tomorrow at NCS Bedworth.

In section 5, it asks for at least one professional referee who knows the child in professional capacity such as solicitor, teacher, minister of religion or health visitor. The child is just 18 months and does not go to nursery or school so can't get a teacher to sign. I don't know any social worker or minister of religion who could sign. The health visitor team declined and said its not their policy to sign forms.

I have got 2 work colleagues to sign as referees on his form, both professionals (fulfill the criteria on the exhaustive list of referees), are British citizens & over 25 years of age

Just wondering if someone had been in similar situation and suggest if this would be OK or if any of the experts could please help ?

Also if somebody could please share a format for cover letter as I was thinking to mention the details in a cover letter as well.

Help in this regard would be much appreciated...

Thanks & Regards.