ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 vs Stamp 4 EUFAM - Which is the best suited for me?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ITGuru
India

Stamp 4 vs Stamp 4 EUFAM - Which is the best suited for me?

Post by ITGuru » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 pm

I am currently Stamp 4. My wife has acquired Irish Citizenship by Naturalisation. My kids have Irish Citizenship too. I am planning to go back to my country (Non-EU) for a while for around 4-5 years.

Which is the best in my case - Stamp 4 or Stamp 4 EUFAM? I dont want to face any troubles with GNIB when (if at all) I come back to Ireland.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:54 am

Stamp 4 EUFam is for family members of EEA nationals. From what you have said, you don't appear to qualify for this.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

ITGuru
India

My Spouse is Irish

Post by ITGuru » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:52 pm

I certainly qualify since my spouse is Irish Citizen.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Stamp 4EUFAM is for spouses of EU nationals who are OTHER THAN IRISH. spouses of irish nationals are entitled to stamp 4 only.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: My Spouse is Irish

Post by Ben » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:45 pm

ITGuru wrote:I certainly qualify since my spouse is Irish Citizen.
Has your spouse, as an Irish citizen, ever pursued economic activity in an EEA state other than Ireland?

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:35 pm

You are definitely not Qualify. If your wife is from any other EU Member States and Exercising her Treaty Right in Ireland then you are Qualify 100%.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Stamp 4 vs Stamp 4 EUFAM - Which is the best suited for

Post by ca.funke » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi ITGuru,

you only qualify for Stamp4EUFam if your wife "pursued an economic activity" in another EU-country. It seems that´s out the window.

Problem #2: You say you plan to leave Ireland, and want to secure a status for a possible return to Ireland. That´s also out the window, since a possible 4EUFam only retains validity for 6 months, should you decide to leave Eire.

If you really want to leave now and "maybe" come back later, you´ll have to deal with all of this again, when you want to return...

Sorry, I didn´t make the rules, only the messenger here.

Rgds,
Christian

ITGuru
India

Ok, Got it.

Post by ITGuru » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:53 am

Ok, I now got it. I wont qualify for Stamp 4 EUFAM.

Now few more doubts.

1. How long would I get a Stamp 4 based on my wife's Irish Citizenship - 3 Year / 5 Year?. I am now stamp 4 based on my Child's Irish Citizenship.

2. How long could I stay out of Ireland if I am Stamp 4? I plan to go back to my country for a period of 4 Years. Would I face any troubles with GNIB?

Appreciate any help in this regard.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Ok, Got it.

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:43 am

ITGuru wrote:1. How long would I get a Stamp 4 based on my wife's Irish Citizenship - 3 Year / 5 Year?. I am now stamp 4 based on my Child's Irish Citizenship.
That seems entirely dependant on the GNIB officer who issues your Stamp 4 card. Some issue it for 5 years, some for 1. Apparently it's down to who he is and how he's feeling on the day. This is Ireland.
ITGuru wrote:2. How long could I stay out of Ireland if I am Stamp 4? I plan to go back to my country for a period of 4 Years. Would I face any troubles with GNIB?
If you return to Ireland while your Stamp 4 card is still valid, you'll just be able to get on the plane and away you go. If you're a visa required national, don't forget to get a re-entry visa from INIS before you leave Ireland though, with sufficient validity.

However, if you return to Ireland after your Stamp 4 card / re-entry visa (if applicable) has expired, you'll need to apply for a spouse visa from your country, and be subject to all the usual application procedure associated with that.

ITGuru
India

Docs required for getting Stamp 4 on spouse's Irish Cit.ship

Post by ITGuru » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:04 pm

I still have 2 more years validity on current Stamp 4. Would they issue a new Stamp 4 based on my wife's Irish citizenship?

What docs are required for getting stamp 4 based on Spouses's Irish Citizenship. Spouses Passport, My passport,My GNIB card, Address Proof - Any thing else?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:15 pm

Are you expecting the GNIB to replace your current Stamp 4 card with a new one? They won't. The cards themselves are the same, regardless of the reason for their issuance. In any case, some GNIB officers only give 1 year Stamp 4 for spouse of Irish national.

If you're planning on leaving Ireland for four years you need get used to the fact that you're going to have to apply for a spouse visa at the local Irish embassy in your country when you're ready to come back.

ITGuru
India

GNIB via Irish Embassy in my Country

Post by ITGuru » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:21 pm

Would I be able to get a new GNIB card via Irish Embassy in my country after the current one's expiry?

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: GNIB via Irish Embassy in my Country

Post by ca.funke » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:35 pm

ITGuru wrote:Would I be able to get a new GNIB card via Irish Embassy in my country after the current one's expiry?
Nope - a GNIB card represents the fact that you legally reside in Ireland.

Thus, if you live outside the Republic, no such card will be issued.

Furthermore, as I mentioned before, any possible current card loses its validity after 6 consecutive months of absence in the Republic. (I have no idea how they want to check this, however theoretically that´s the way it is!)