ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Cohabitation evidence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adnanjamil
Newly Registered

ILR - Cohabitation evidence

Post by adnanjamil » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:31 pm

I am due for ILR application in coming few months. My wife came to UK 2 1/2 yrs ago.
I do not have any evidence of her cohabitation (with me) as I have not registered my wife with Council during this period. We have moved 3 houses during this period. I have 1 evidence from each house in her name in the form of Bank Statement.
1. Is this sufficient evidence for her cohabitation with me. SET(O) form doesnt ask specifically for any form. Isnt our marriage certificate enough?
2. What documents Home Office requires to show Cohabitation.
Thanks in advance for your help

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 pm

What visa are you currently on...? if Tier 1 General, I dont think you need to show such documents

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:56 pm

1sppandey wrote:What visa are you currently on...? if Tier 1 General, I dont think you need to show such documents
Pandey, Where are you getting this from ??? It is a MUST to show co-hab documents, and has been always asked for at the PEO... and as many you are able to arrange the better ... Atleast 2 corroborating evidence would be needed ... but if nothing at all, then its best explained on cover page or in person at PEO ...

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:42 pm

1sppandey is wrong and partially right.

Cohabitation document is definitely a requirement. It is specifically asked for in the SET(O) form. However there are evidences of the caseworkers sometimes not asking for any documents.

As a part of SET(O) application, it is important to provide some evidence which will prove that you and your spouse have lived together for last two years. It is not mentioned, how many documents should be submitted in SET(O). If you can arrange for more than one evidence, it is always better.

adnanjamil
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Gen)

Post by adnanjamil » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:28 am

Hello,
Thank you very much for your responses.
I started with 1 year 3 months work Permit then 3 year Tier1(gen)+7 months Tier1 (gen) ext and then ILR.

By the time I apply for ILR, my wife would have been with me over 2 1/2 years.

1. I have got tenancy agreement with all the 3 house landlords. Is this sufficient evidence. Also all the properties were bills included and hence I do not have any bills in our name. Because my wife didnt work, she doesn't have any bank account. She did have basic bank account.
Property 1 - tenancy agreement + GP registration (stayed for 8months)
Property 2 - tenancy agreement + 1 bank statement (8 months stay in here)
Property 3 - tenancy agreement + TV License + GP Registration (rest of the stay)

The evidences do not cover entire period except for the Tenancy agreement (not estate agency type tenancy).

I can get letter from all 3 landlords with their signatures confirming our tenancy. isnt this sufficient?

2. In one instance, my wife stayed out of UK for 6 months. Does this affect her PR? But overall she stayed >2 years

3. Set(O) specifically doesn't ask for these documents

Please let me know