ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice please

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gurungboi2
Newly Registered

Need advice please

Post by gurungboi2 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi everyone,

My problem is that i have applied for visa taking ba in business managment which is a 3 year course but now i feel that the course was not for me and changed course to a 1 year nursing course. I have already done the bio metric so i was wondering if there will be any problems in regards to this matter?
hoping to get some advice thx

derlin

Re: Need advice please

Post by derlin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:36 pm

gurungboi2 wrote:Hi everyone,

My problem is that i have applied for visa taking ba in business managment which is a 3 year course but now i feel that the course was not for me and changed course to a 1 year nursing course. I have already done the bio metric so i was wondering if there will be any problems in regards to this matter?
hoping to get some advice thx
Are you studying the nursing course with the same University/College that enrolled you for a BA in Business Management? If yes, then you could be safe.

However, if you were granted a three-year student visa based on completing your BA studies in three years, then you have a problem regardless whether you are still studying with the same University/College. So, contact the UKBA quickly about your switch of course otherwise you potentially will face problems in your next visa renewal.

gurungboi2
Newly Registered

advice

Post by gurungboi2 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:00 am

yes it is the same uni and no i have not even started the course. it is just that
after applying for visa which is still in processing i changed my course.

derlin

Re: advice

Post by derlin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:21 pm

gurungboi2 wrote:yes it is the same uni and no i have not even started the course. it is just that
after applying for visa which is still in processing i changed my course.
Because you have an existing application with the UKBA, you're advised to inform them immediately about your nursing course. A new CAS letter would have to be issued to you, then forward it to the UKBA.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:52 pm

If new course is effecting by duration of visa, you need to inform UKBA. UKBA will cancel that visa and issue to new visa according to your new course.

As your application is in process with UKBA, you need to get new CAS letter from university and cancelled old CAS. Than inform UKBA and send them new information. They will confirm and process new information and issue you visa accordingly. You may need to pay visa processing fee again if your application already been processed by UKBA. UKBA will inform you about this if applicable.