ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adress change and SAR prior to ILR based on 10 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dochas

Adress change and SAR prior to ILR based on 10 years

Post by dochas » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi all.
I'm planning to apply for an ILR in May and prior to that I'm thinking to get my SAR. My question is what should I do with the changes of my address between applying for my current visa in June 10 (PSW) and now. I moved twice after getting a PSW but haven't submitted any "Change of Circumastance". To be honest I completely forgot such a form until I checked the UKBA website for ILR. If I send my SAR request with my current address and a proof of the address, which is not on HO's recored, would there be any problems? Should I sent 2 Change of Circumastance to tell HO I've moved twice when I request for SAR, or before the request? What's the best thing to do in this situation.
I'd very much appereciate if someone could help me.
Many thanks.

PS. Excuse me if I'm posting my question under an incorrect category.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Even I wasn’t aware of this form until few weeks ago. I don’t think so UKBA expects people to tell them if their addresses have been changed.

But it’s nice to send them this form since now we are aware of it.

dochas

Post by dochas » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi linkers,

Thank you for your reply. I also thought they wouldn't. I have no problems sending 2 forms for my address changes. But My concern is if they think why I didn't tell them earlier (my first move was over a year and the second one is 6 months ago), giving them kind of negative impression. Do you think I'd have problems getting ILR, if I just send an SAR request with my new address and a proof without sending Change of Circumastance forms?

dochas

Post by dochas » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:31 am

Anyone else could give me any advice please. Would I have problems getting ILR, if I just send an SAR request with my new address without sending Change of Circumastance forms? Could that be a general reason for refusal? If you think I should send the form, should I send two to tell past changes or just one for the latest change? Please advise I'm very nervous about getting ILR. Thanks in advance.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:22 pm

I don’t think so it would be a problem. As I told that not many people are aware of it.

But for your peace of mind, you can still send it for your current address as it wont do any harm.
Last edited by linkers on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

dochas

Post by dochas » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks for your reply linkers. I'm not sure which choice would give me a peace of mind. But your advice was very helpful, thanks again.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:57 am

If you send your SAR request with one Proof of address and Passport copy then it will be enough.

Don't worry about of change of address...!!!!

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 am

They will send your SAR file on your new address and you can also make a request to chagne your address in their file....

dochas

Post by dochas » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi angelloveguy. Another person saying the same thing eases my concern. Thanks for your advice.