ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some advice..........

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Brit Chick

Need some advice..........

Post by Brit Chick » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:49 pm

.....My husband submitted a fresh application for a settlement visa in Islamabad in September after our first application was refused, although the appeal on that one is still ongoing.

However, my husband was given a firm offer of employment with a firm here in england and his employers provided a letter to confirm the details etc which we submitted along with the second application.

My husband's employers want my husband to start his contract in the last week of november, at which point our application will be around 11 weeks into it's processing time (I understand the time for processing settlement visa applications in Islamabad is currently 13 weeks). His employers won't delay the start date of his employment as they have a few other new starters on the same day and want everyone to do their training courses together, which is fair enough.

But I don't want to contact the BHC and ask them to process his application quickly cos firstly, it's impossible to contact the right authority there and secondly I am worried it might jeapordise this application and perhaps perceived as wanting to jump the queue or similar.

Am very confused at the moment....... :?

Ellie
Newly Registered

Post by Ellie » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:44 pm

it is really hard problem. what if u contact by phone, informally and know who is ur ECO, then talk to him/her and let them know the situation.
Darling it all depends on how humane is the ECO.
or maybe get another offer of employment like from business u know, friends, ...
More importantly if u r financially ok, and u don't need his income to pass the financial test, don't worry about a job offer, when he comes he would find a job...
I am sorry I can't think of better solutions, hope other will help

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:29 pm

Well I think you can guess how humane the ECO is going to be.....and besides I don't know who it is and it's impossible to get through to anyone at the BHC anyway.

We don't need his job offer to pass the financial test, but submitted the letter confirming the offer of employment as we felt it would strengthen our application and also confirm to the ECO that he needs to be here in time to start the job. It is a really good job though, kinda like what my husbands 'dream job' would be and we would be reluctant to have to turn the new employers down just cos my husband didn't get his visa in time.