ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Application, waiting from 10 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sriky
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Application, waiting from 10 months

Post by sriky » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi their , need some help regarding my Tier 1 HSMP application,
i have applied my file on 31-3-11 as Tier 1 General catageory, under self employement, and their was no response
till date from the home office , need some advice regarding this please.

Thank you

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi,

Have you tried contacting them at all?

MB243

Post by MB243 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:38 pm

dude, did it ever occur to you that you should be contacting UKBA about your application status ??

did you know that you can call UKBA if your application has been pending for more than 6 months ?

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:47 pm

10 months is too long. If I were you, I would call UKBA straight away and stand on their throat till they disclose whats going on with my application.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:13 am

You should contact UKBA straight away with your reference number and ask them what's going on.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Application, waiting from 10 months

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:38 am

sriky wrote:Hi their , need some help regarding my Tier 1 HSMP application,
i have applied my file on 31-3-11 as Tier 1 General catageory, under self employement, and their was no response

Thank you
No response at all? Have you recieved an acknowldgment letter or biometric letter?

sriky
Newly Registered

Post by sriky » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:52 pm

thebionicredneck2003 wrote:Hi,

Have you tried contacting them at all?
Yes i did i used to contact them every 3 weeks after first 4 mnths, the only response frm them is Still under process.

sriky
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Application, waiting from 10 months

Post by sriky » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Greenie wrote:
sriky wrote:Hi their , need some help regarding my Tier 1 HSMP application,

Thank you
No response at all? Have you recieved an acknowldgment letter or biometric letter?
Well biometrics is done, but no response still same answer under process..

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:13 pm

I think the hardest thing is to contact UKBA especially if the application is made within 6 months. I tried emailing about the acknowlegment and got a immediate auto reply containing stating that no further communication will be received.

I called up the contact number and select the option 2 as given in the website and an automated response said that status is not provided for application within 6 months and ended the call. I was dismayed. Could anyone who succeeded in contacting UKBA post here the email id or the contact number.

(I called during working hours 0900 hrs in the morning)

Thanks in advance

Shepherd

sriky
Newly Registered

Post by sriky » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 pm

gd_Shepherd wrote:I think the hardest thing is to contact UKBA especially if the application is made within 6 months. I tried emailing about the acknowlegment and got a immediate auto reply containing stating that no further communication will be received.

I called up the contact number and select the option 2 as given in the website and an automated response said that status is not provided for application within 6 months and ended the call. I was dismayed. Could anyone who succeeded in contacting UKBA post here the email id or the contact number.

(I called during working hours 0900 hrs in the morning)

Thanks in advance

Shepherd
Hi their , yes they used to take calls about the status of application couple months before, but not at the moment , im in the same position desperate to contact them , but donno which way really, one of my friend suggested me to fax but, no idea whether it will work or not?

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 pm

sriky wrote: Hi their , yes they used to take calls about the status of application couple months before, but not at the moment , im in the same position desperate to contact them , but donno which way really, one of my friend suggested me to fax but, no idea whether it will work or not?
Oh, is it? It is like sitting blind without knowing what is happening. They could at least email, otherwise I do not see any purpose of taking the email info in the application. May be I am ranting. I got to keep my faith.

village

Post by village » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:51 pm

One of my friend was also in the same situation......you are tooolate...

dont waste any time....first immdtly hire an atorney(lawyer) and fire him with UKBA......with all the details...you will get immediate response....

do that first........

cheers.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Getting in touch with your local mp may also help to speed things up.

Kind Regards

ricky_glore
Newly Registered

Same Situation

Post by ricky_glore » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi Gys,

Tried everything from contacting UKBA via phone, fax, email & letters. No response whatsoever. My lawyer tried to contact them too but no response. I talked to my local MP and they sent a letter to UKBA. A response received after few days that my application is selected for "further checks". It is 10 months now and I am still waiting to hear back from them. The correspondence was done by my MP 7 days ago and the response from Home Office was same.

Kindly post your responses here as I think I am not the only one waiting for this long but there must be others like myself in this situation.

Regards,

Rick

sriky
Newly Registered

Re: Same Situation

Post by sriky » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:59 pm

ricky_glore wrote:Hi Gys,

Tried everything from contacting UKBA via phone, fax, email & letters. No response whatsoever. My lawyer tried to contact them too but no response. I talked to my local MP and they sent a letter to UKBA. A response received after few days that my application is selected for "further checks". It is 10 months now and I am still waiting to hear back from them. The correspondence was done by my MP 7 days ago and the response from Home Office was same.

Kindly post your responses here as I think I am not the only one waiting for this long but there must be others like myself in this situation.

Regards,

Hi
I was in the same situation, but i did not contact them by fax yet, or through an MP, just wrote a letter which had a reply saying that it is still under process ,as soon as it is done one of our ukba agent will contact you.

Regards,

Rick

anotherguy
Newly Registered

Post by anotherguy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Guys, Same is my situation. Have been waiting for close to 11 months. Contacted my MP. waiting for his response.

sriky
Newly Registered

Post by sriky » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:31 pm

anotherguy wrote:Guys, Same is my situation. Have been waiting for close to 11 months. Contacted my MP. waiting for his response.
Hi their,
May i ask you , is it self-employed you have worked your file on, or as normally employed..

anotherguy
Newly Registered

Post by anotherguy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:53 am

My earnings are all from normal employment. No self employment related earnings.

bilal_zain
Newly Registered

Post by bilal_zain » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:07 am

Hi to all......I have also applied Tier 1 general with two dependents in march2011 and since then waiting for visa and passport......contacted UKBA via email,Fax,post and Phone but no response....Now, i have contacted local MP two weeks back and waiting for MP response. It has beeen 11 months and no progress. Do you guys have any idea what to do??????????

sabir111

Post by sabir111 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 pm

bilal_zain wrote:Hi to all......I have also applied Tier 1 general with two dependents in march2011 and since then waiting for visa and passport......contacted UKBA via email,Fax,post and Phone but no response....Now, i have contacted local MP two weeks back and waiting for MP response. It has beeen 11 months and no progress. Do you guys have any idea what to do??????????
i am in the same situation they saying under process, i send them letter four time, i send them fax as well, i am calling them everyday,, i contact with local MP three time the saying the same thing under process, my Solicitor also send them a couple of letter, they response to one letter saying the same shit under process, i applied on 28 sep 2011,, to the tier 1 entrepreneur visa,,
now i realize you can't do nothing but to wait,
i am going to withdrawal because i got a problem in the back home,, i am just waiting until 13 April that set, then i will withdrawal the application,

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:38 pm

sabir111 wrote:
bilal_zain wrote:Hi to all......I have also applied Tier 1 general with two dependents in march2011 and since then waiting for visa and passport......contacted UKBA via email,Fax,post and Phone but no response....Now, i have contacted local MP two weeks back and waiting for MP response. It has beeen 11 months and no progress. Do you guys have any idea what to do??????????
i am in the same situation they saying under process, i send them letter four time, i send them fax as well, i am calling them everyday,, i contact with local MP three time the saying the same thing under process, my Solicitor also send them a couple of letter, they response to one letter saying the same shit under process, i applied on 28 sep 2011,, to the tier 1 entrepreneur visa,,
now i realize you can't do nothing but to wait,
i am going to withdrawal because i got a problem in the back home,, i am just waiting until 13 April that set, then i will withdrawal the application,
This is a really a sad situation and I hope you guys get your results soon. I was wondering if the 'Freedom of Information' option can be used here?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... formation/

And whether it is worth sending a complaint before withdrawing the application
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/