ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary scale in ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tehmer

Salary scale in ILR application

Post by tehmer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Hello,

I will apply for my ILR application in which I need to prove points. My basic salary is 28K + 4500 shift annual allowance.
According to rules in place before 6 April 2010, I am confused that it will come under salary scale £26000 - £28999 (25 Points) or allowance also will also be part of the salary and comes under scale £32000 - £34999 (35 points)

Please can someone clarify this for me so that I be able to calculate the proper salary scale for my application.

Many thanks

ssj
Newly Registered

Post by ssj » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:58 pm

anything which is taxable comes under the salary

tehmer

Post by tehmer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:10 pm

you think shift allowance is texable? I don't think so, but not sure about this

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:48 pm

tehmer wrote:you think shift allowance is texable? I don't think so, but not sure about this
Check your salary slips, if thre allowance is paid monthly and is part of the salary slip, most probably it is taxed. If that it the case then I am sure you can include it in your annual earnings.

mailppk

If shift allowance is in pay slip then its acceptable

Post by mailppk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:54 pm

If shift allowance is in pay slip then its acceptable

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:10 pm

the shift allowance will definitely be taxable. check your payslip. Sum Up normal salary + shift allowance (gross) which should be £2085 taxable.

and the net wage should be £2038. If it is then you are already paying tax for it so you can include that in points calculation.

I am in a same kind of boat. Our company pays 24/7 allowance and bonus for filling out weekly time sheets which I get the monies after tax being deducted off them so it is fine.

easiest way to check, total your Gross salaries (bonus+allowances+etc+etc) and if you see it as Gross for NI(in payslip) then this means it is taxed