ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension advise

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tsingh
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension advise

Post by Tsingh » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:23 am

Hi.

On 30th march 2010, I applied for my initial Tier 1 visa application
under 3 + 2 years immigration rules, my application went successful
and I got limited leave to remain in UK for 3 years. The visa issue
date on passport is- 15/04/10.

After 5th April 2010 rules were changed.

What I would like to know is when I use the points based calculator on UKBA website it asks for "Enter the date of your first successful tier 1 application", What date am I entering in that section, would it be 30th march 2010( when I initially applied) or the issue date which is 15th April 2010.

The reason I am asking is because if i enter 30th march 2010(post date of application) on calculator then I got 15 points on salary £22-23 and if i enter 15th april 2010(issue date) then it gives me 0 points.

I need to earn 15 points in earning for extension, so please advise what date should I be using so I know that i`ll be applying extension under rules before 5th April 2010 or after 5th April 2010

Thanks

iuk_netizen
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 extension advise

Post by iuk_netizen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:35 am

Tsingh wrote:Hi.

What I would like to know is when I use the points based calculator on UKBA website it asks for "Enter the date of your first successful tier 1 application", What date am I entering in that section, would it be 30th march 2010( when I initially applied) or the issue date which is 15th April 2010.

The reason I am asking is because if i enter 30th march 2010(post date of application) on calculator then I got 15 points on salary £22-23 and if i enter 15th april 2010(issue date) then it gives me 0 points.

I need to earn 15 points in earning for extension, so please advise what date should I be using so I know that i`ll be applying extension under rules before 5th April 2010 or after 5th April 2010

Thanks
Hi Tsingh,

Please refer the sticky note: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=90855 and it should resolve your query.

Cheers!
Imran

Tsingh
Newly Registered

Post by Tsingh » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi Imran,

Thanks for the comments.. I am still slightly confused.. so what you think is that i`ll still come under old rules which means that can get 15 points on £20-22k salary bracket.

Please advise

Thanks
Tsingh
iuk_netizen wrote:

Thanks
Hi Tsingh,

Please refer the sticky note: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=90855 and it should resolve your query.

Cheers!
Imran

iuk_netizen
Newly Registered

Post by iuk_netizen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:31 am

Tsingh wrote:Hi Imran,

Thanks for the comments.. I am still slightly confused.. so what you think is that i`ll still come under old rules which means that can get 15 points on £20-22k salary bracket.

Please advise

Thanks
Tsingh
iuk_netizen wrote:

Thanks
Hi Tsingh,

Cheers!
Imran
Hi Tsingh,

You are right. The date on the points based calculator on UKBA website asks for "Enter the date of your first successful tier 1 application" which means the date of application when you applied for Tier 1 (General) the very first time i.e 30th march 2010 for you.

I hope i made it clear this time.

Regards,
Imran