ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Rejected..Need Help for Review

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:31 am

Dear Root & Arm!

I think I can but tell me if they will consider it as evidence.

Can i submit it as supporting document to the initial application. As per HSMP guidance, evidence submitted in support of initial application is allowed.

Can you tell me what can i submit and what i cant?

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:50 am

rumi32,

You cannot send them any additional docs during review.
You need only subbmit application form and explanation letter.
If you think that you can proof HSMP your graduate level experience do it.
But it can be very long and difficult process.

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:39 pm

HI ARM!
I AM ACTUALLY WRITING THREE PAGE OF EXPLANATION IN MY REVIEW APPLICATION. IN THE APPLICATION I AM GOING TO EXPLAIN EVERY RESPONSIBILITY THAT I HAVE MENTIONED IN THE ORIGINAL LETTER THAT WHY IT IS GRADUATE LEVEL. I AM GOING TO PRINT IT ON A PLAIN PAPER AND I WILL ALSO ATTEST IT FROM CEO OF MY COMPANY.I HOPE THIS WILL WORK? WHAT U SAY?

ALSO SHOULD I SEND PHOTOCOPIES OF ALL THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED?

windmill

Post by windmill » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:22 pm

along with the review application, can i submit printouts of couple of websites without them being considered as an additional proof?

also, if you submit your explanation letter and submit these printouts just for reference, but your explanation letter is strong enough - will they still reject your review or consider the explanation letter only and make a decision based on that, nothing else?

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:52 am

Hi rumi32,

you dont need to send all documents again.

You should only send them review application form and explanation letter.

But I dont know how HSMP will consider your letter attested from your CEO. If they consider it as new document they'll reject your review.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:53 am

Also share with us your explanation letter and we'll discuss it.

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:36 am

IF I SEND THEM COPY OF MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS.. SO WILL IT SPEED UP MY PROCESSING TIME?

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:01 am

In my case they asked to send all document copys for speed up but unfortunately I'm still waiting.....

Send them only application form and letter and wait for...

you can fax them all your documents if they ask.

windmill

Post by windmill » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:43 am

arm,

what about printouts of web pages? i think i read on the forum itself and something on the web can be submitted?

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:38 am

Yes it can help for review.

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:42 am

WHAT CAN I SUBMIT TO SHOW MY GRADUATE LEVEL EXPERIENCE. MY COMPANY IN PAKISTAN DO NOT HAVE ANY WEBSITE?

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:14 am

As I read the case worker is trying to imply he is not satisfied with the responsibility being at graduate level. You have provided ample of evidence for it, but the case worker seems adamant to reject it and so has applied his last option to reject the point for Work Experience.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:45 pm

Guys,

We should not blame caseworker.

For example in this case I'm reading job responsibilities I'm not profesional in this area and I cant find points to be sure that this is graduate level job.

You should explain very clear.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:06 pm

arm wrote:You should explain very clear.
Do your best of effords to list your responsibility as a graduate level posistion, but still the discretion will remain with the caseworker to decide..... and if he as a individual dont feel so than nothing much can be done.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

windmill

Post by windmill » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:40 pm

I don't think problem is so much of not explaining clearly. The major issue is having to get a detailed letter through employer. Anyone who works in a bigger corportation knows how difficult it is to get one.

You can explain all you want on your own but the guidlines say its should be official and thats where the problem is - most employers refuse to give such letter and sadly HSMP team doesn't always contact the employers in case of doubt.

Even writing a line that "This job requires graduate degree" doesn't help.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:37 am

hi windmill,

In this case could you please explain why caseworker should consider this role graduate level?

windmill

Post by windmill » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:09 pm

arm,

i am not sure is it a questioning statement or a question? are you asking me why should they consider it graduate level - well tbh it depends a lot on the discretion of the case worker.

all i know is (from reading on the board and personal experience), its very difficult to get a very detailed job letter. mine had bullets which mentioned my duties and responsibilties, repeated mention in employer reference that job requires graduate degree (on official letterhead) but they didn't consider.

So do you reckon if we explain on our own, they'll consider it?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:58 pm

Dear rumi32

1. Do your company has a website, where the CEO who sign you Experience letter appear in the website ?. You should have refred this in your application or in case you file a neww aplication.

2. Is you company appear in Yellow page directory, with telephone in it ?.

You mention that :
"XXXXXX owns and operates a Combined Cycle Power Plant having a capacity of 235 MW and consists of a Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine & HRSG (Heat Recovery Steam Generator) and a Gas Treatment Plant (GTP) having a capacity of 50 MMSCFD."

I fully believe that what fisrt come in HSMP caseworker mind is that with such big company, it is highly unlikely that they do not have website, not in yellow page directory.

If it does not have websites, soed not appear in yellow page, then this is probable the main reason for your rejection?

3. This is just my personal opinion, it is highly unlikely the the experience letter is signed by CEO. Normaly, it is juts the personal officer, personnel manager, or personal dorector (at the highest). But who knows ?.

Pantaiema

rumi32 wrote:Please find below my experience letter for your guys information. Please comment on this letter and tell me where I was wrong. Also suggest me how to prepare review:

This is to certify that XXXXXX is a permanent employee of XXXXXX, a wholly owned subsidiary of XXXXXXXXXX which in turned is wholly owned by XXXXXXXX.

XXXXXX owns and operates a Combined Cycle Power Plant having a capacity of 235 MW and consists of a Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine & HRSG (Heat Recovery Steam Generator) and a Gas Treatment Plant (GTP) having a capacity of 50 MMSCFD. The total number of permanent employees working in XXXX is 118.

Mr. XXXXXX has been working in XXXXXX since XXXX,in the company's Head Office at XXXXX and holds the post of Assistant Engineer Performance / IT reporting to the Performance Engineer. The post of Assistant Engineer Performance/IT is a graduate level post requiring an engineering degree to handle various in-depth technical engineering matters. Below is a brief description of his job responsibilities:

·Monitoring Plant Performance by utilizing the data coming from site on daily basis and highlighting areas of improvement.

·Overseeing Plant machinery maintenance e.g. Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, HRSG, Pumps, Pipes, Valves, Cooling Towers, Generators, Compressors, Water treatment plant etc.

·Preparing Technical Agreements and ensuring its implementation.

·Proposals for the improvement & development of the project.

·Preparation of monthly president review report and monthly data preparation for XXX.

·Overseeing Safety and Environmental Issues (ISO 14001) of the Power Plant.

·Verification of XXX Bills, XXX Bills, Liquidated & Capacity Damages.

·Power Plant Performance Data Calculation e.g. Load Factor, Capacity Factor, Gas Turbine and Steam Turbine Generation, Heat Rate, Efficiency, Availability & Outages.

·Gas Treatment Plant Performance Data Calculation e.g. Raw & Sweet Gas Consumption, GTP Internal Gas Consumption, Gas Gross Calorific Value Calculation, Chemicals Consumption etc.

·Preparing Power Plant & GTP Performance Reports on monthly basis.

·Assisting Performance Engineer & Chief Executive Officer in liaising with Government Organizations e.g. XXXX , XXX, and XXXX & XXXXX etc.

·Supporting Logistics department and liaising with clearing agent for ensuring timely clearance of shipments.

·Supporting IT department and recommendations for improvement in IT Infrastructure of the company.

·Any other matter given from time to time by the Performance Engineer & Chief Executive Officer.

Please feel free to get in touch with the undersigned for any further information / clarification in the matter.

Thank You,

XXXXXXX
Chief Executive Officer

Reason of rejection given in the letter is following:

We were not satisfied that sufficient evidence was provided to demonstrate that your previous work experience involved two years graduate level work. The HSMP guidance states that graduate level experience would normally be a role within a company or institution that would require you to have a minimum educational standard of a UK degree or equivalent. The evidence provided derived from XXXXXXX does not illustrate a requirement of the post holder to have a minimum educational standard of a UK degree or equivalent to undertake the duties of the post. Therefore we were unable to award points for this section.
[/b]

nemo.
Newly Registered

Post by nemo. » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:21 am

Its easy to say "not graduate level". Sounds like "plausible" excuse to just refuse entry to Pakistanis on basis that they are Muslims blah blah. Or its just the pig ignorant staff at imi cant read. In my own case of applying for a spouse visa for the wife both factors came into it I think (Muslim and not reading properly).

Dont think I am parranoid. Many of my friends are Malaysian (as I lived theer a long time). They cant get visas to US (which is even more paranoid) as "its an Islamic country" and all are rejected. Except many are Christian/Hindu/Buddhist of Chinese decent but hey when do imi staff anywhere ever use their brains?

Feel sorry for you but anti Muslim feeling and rascism is on the increase in the west.
root wrote:very sad to hear. U r Pakistani. I saw many refusals with pakistanis in recent months on regardless basis. Please share ur letter which was rejected by them. some highlights of job description.

(For all members )Please must see following links

http://www.iasuk.org/C2B/PressOffice/di ... 341&Type=2

http://www.iasuk.org/C2B/PressOffice/di ... 340&Type=2

http://www.iasuk.org/C2B/PressOffice/di ... 337&Type=2

adindas

Post by adindas » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:00 pm

This guy is using "Religious Sentiment". Religion could be used as an excuse.
- You do not write your religion when you submit your application
-They do not know you what is your religion
- if the rejection rate is high in Pakistan, it is because the applicaiton number from this region is also high.
- In the past there are quite reasonable number of dosument can not be verified from this region.

If you think that you have been dicriminated because of your religiion why did not you sue them. You know Britain is one of the most leberal country. See for instance " The afghan hijackers" the court have ruled in favour of them. IS it to do with religion.

People are rejected because they are not qualified or the Caseworker did not convince with their case.

Adindas
nemo. wrote:Its easy to say "not graduate level". Sounds like "plausible" excuse to just refuse entry to Pakistanis on basis that they are Muslims blah blah. Or its just the pig ignorant staff at imi cant read. In my own case of applying for a spouse visa for the wife both factors came into it I think (Muslim and not reading properly).

Dont think I am parranoid. Many of my friends are Malaysian (as I lived theer a long time). They cant get visas to US (which is even more paranoid) as "its an Islamic country" and all are rejected. Except many are Christian/Hindu/Buddhist of Chinese decent but hey when do imi staff anywhere ever use their brains?

Feel sorry for you but anti Muslim feeling and rascism is on the increase in the west.
root wrote:very sad to hear. U r Pakistani. I saw many refusals with pakistanis in recent months on regardless basis. Please share ur letter which was rejected by them. some highlights of job description.

adindas

Religion is not an Issue Here

Post by adindas » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:00 pm

This guy is using "Religious Sentiment". Religion is an easy target to be blamed if the people fail to achieve their objective.

But I believe that People are rejected because they are not qualified or the caseworker did not convince with their case. They did not submit firm evidence.

- You do not write your religion when you submit your application, don't you?
-They do not know you what is your religion, do they ?
- if the rejected applicants is high in Pakistan, it is because the applicaiton number from this region is also high.
- In the past there are quite reasonable number of documents can not be verified from this region.

If you think that you have been dicriminated because of your religiion why did not you sue them. You know Britain is one of the most liberal country. See for instance " The afghan hijackers" the court have ruled in favour of them. Is it to do with religion ????

Where did you get information that Malaysia is "an Islamic country". Could you show the evidence. Indeed the majority of malay people are muslims but it is not an islamic country.

Adindas
nemo. wrote:Its easy to say "not graduate level". Sounds like "plausible" excuse to just refuse entry to Pakistanis on basis that they are Muslims blah blah. Or its just the pig ignorant staff at imi cant read. In my own case of applying for a spouse visa for the wife both factors came into it I think (Muslim and not reading properly).

Last edited by adindas on Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sajid.razzaque

Post by sajid.razzaque » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:19 am

Hello guys ,

Leave this discussion, if god with u then no one can stop u of getting any thing u want, but if it is in favour of u becouse he knows much more better then any one else among us, so please it is request do not talk or say any thing regarding with any one religion or Do not discuss with this topic further.we are here to help each other not to discuss any one religion,sp please

Thankx.

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:55 pm

Dear All!

I am very disheart after reading all the comments posted by every one here. I join this forum so that I can get help for review and for that i provided all information about myself. But in reality no one here helped me to prepare my review. Instead every one is getting information for himself and preparing his own case and wasting time in useless discussion. Well I think I have to prepare my review on my own. so i am quitting this forum.take care every one.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:32 pm

Dear Rumi
I know the reason for your Rejection

It is not actually your Job description. But your post "Assistant Engineer"

They have in their case worker Guidance that "Assistant Engineer" is not a graduate level job

Hence winning point in that category with that post name is extremly difficult

You need to really elaborate your roles with bulleted points and should convince them as it is graduate level. Also in that letter he should explain as they need graduate degree to that job, why they need it and when you achieved it.

Dont hope much in review, Try to reapply.. if possible, if your company agrees with changed Position Name.. 'Asst Engineer' is the root cause of this problem
Last edited by hari15 on Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rumi32
Newly Registered

Post by rumi32 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:40 pm

Dear Haris!

Thanx for your reply but there is no where written in HSMP case worker guideline that post of Assistant Engineer is not a graduate level post.

Can you please explain where you read it?