ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any restrictions on spouse of Tier 1G on days outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chosenaik

Any restrictions on spouse of Tier 1G on days outside UK

Post by chosenaik » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:59 am

Hello. Are there any restrictions on the spouse of a Tier 1 General, on the nunmber of days they can spend outside UK in the 2 years before they apply for ILR?

I have read different accounts on diff websites...some state 36 days in any 1 year, others stated that there are actually no restrictions.

I cant get any info on the UKBA website. Does anyone know what the actual UKBA rule currently states? I appreciate that there amy be changes in the future.

Many thanks.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:07 am

There are no limitations to days spent outside UK for dependants.
The question is... to be or not to be....

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:24 am

Hi There, many thanks for your prompt reply! May I pls ask if you know this through personal experience or would you know the UKBA rule? If so, would you pls share this. I wanted to have concrete evidence to avoid any confusion (of course rules can change in the furture).

Many thanks and God bless!

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 am

If you go through the SET O form there is no where they ask for entry and exit details of your dependant. As being your dependant they dont have to be economically active in the country, its just you. As long as they have been in UK as your dependant for 2 years it should not be a problem.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:25 am

One thing to bear in mind, although there is no restriction on a Tier-1 dependent on how long they stayed outside UK when they apply for ILR but there is a limit on anyone who will apply for nationality which is 450 days.

Please correct me if I am wrong there. I am in similar situation as my wife has spent nearly all of her 450 days already.