ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR work permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nervous_man
Newly Registered

ILR work permit

Post by nervous_man » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:57 am

I am worried about the fate of my application booked in next week. I am on work permit since Feb 2007 and my employment is continuous and the salry is more than prescribed limit. My salary has been revised several occasion in last 5 years and in July last year I got a promotion. At that time I discovered that there is a criteria for technical changes of employment and I immediately brought the matter to the notice of my employer and requested them to send an application for that in the prescribed format. However my employer spoken to the HO employer's helpline and they advised that as even after my promotion my job is in the same SOC, no further action is needed. I wasn't convinced and I wrote a letter to HO describing my situation. They replied to me that promotions are not not covered by technical changes and my employer need to apply for a tier2. I send a copy of that letter to my employer and this time my HR was quite annoyed with me and she said she would not do anything as it wasn't required. However upon my insistence she reluctantly spoken to HO helpline again and this time they sent an email which says paragraph 439 of the tier2 and tier5 sponsor guidance is also applicable to work permit holder as well. I have booked an appointment in next week. My question is:
Do I need to disclose these facts to the case worker while submitting my application or I shall wait for any question ?

I have taken a print out of the email sent by homeoffice to my employer. Is this a valid document?

Is there a chance that my application will be refused because of failure on the part of my employer?

Please advise.

ssj
Newly Registered

Post by ssj » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:02 pm

is your new job title as per the soc code different from that mentioned on your work permit.

nervous_man
Newly Registered

Post by nervous_man » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 pm

ssj wrote:is your new job title as per the soc code different from that mentioned on your work permit.
Thanks a lot for your reply. SOC for both the jobs are the same. However I am worried because the previous one was in the occupation of shortage list and I am unsure about the new one.

ssj
Newly Registered

Post by ssj » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:34 am

if your soc code is same then your job responsibitlities are same
you do not need to tell them that you have got promotion.

if your salry rise are part of the annual increment then also you do not need to do anything

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:34 pm

nervous man, can you please update me with your situation...I am on a similar situation