ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa, how long to go through system?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stu13
Newly Registered

Fiance visa, how long to go through system?

Post by Stu13 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:55 pm

A couple of quick questions for members who have experience of Fiance visa applications.
1. I am looking at applying for a Fiance Visa early in the new year for my girlfriend in Ukraine to come to live with me in Scotland, how long does it normally take for this to go through the system and an answer to be given?
2. Her visitors Visa finishes in January and I would still like her to be able to visit whilst we wait for the Fiance visa so could I apply for both at the same time or would I have to get a new visitors visa first then at a later date apply apply for the fiance visa?
3 Last question is would it be possible to apply for a fiance Visa before my divorce had been completely settled, i.e. if both parties in the divorce had signed and agreement to the divorce and we were just waiting for it to go through the courst officially.