ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scs04
Newly Registered

ILR success - Croydon

Post by scs04 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks to this board and its members for their inputs, sticky notes etc. I got my ILR today for myself and my two dependents. Mine was a straight forward case. I had under 90 days absenses over the last five years. Working with the same employer. I applied under Tier 2 migrant category. I had afternoon appointment at 02:15pm. I reached around 01:20pm and was let in. There was no rush around that time so i coud move quickly. After some initial checks in the ground floor i was given a token number and asked to make payment in the first floor. I paid using my Visa debit card. Case worker was nice and polite person. He called me exactly at 02:15pm. He asked for the following documents
- Passports of myself and my dependents
- BRP of myself and my dependents
- Two photos of each
- 5 P60s (I had only 4 as the last one is yet to come this year. He accepted it)
- Employer letter
- Last 3 months payslips
- Last 3 months bank statements
- Residency proof for my Wife for the last two years (i provided house agreement, council letter, NHS letter, photo copy of her previous BRP)
He checked the documents and made some checks in his computer for some time. The only issue i had was with my bank statements. I get only my statements online so had printed them. He told he cannot accept the internet print statements. He checked with his manager and then asked me to go to the nearby Barclays bank and get a print of last 3 months statements. I ran to the bank and after some strugle there managed to get the last six months statement with thier seal on each page. I came running back to Home office as there was not much time (i had to waste about 1 hour in the bank for this). Case worker accepted last 3 months statements from that and approved my ILR. It was a great relef that i felt that time.
If you have all the required documents then it is simple. There is no need to worry. Do not take Internet prints of bank statements as these cannot be accepted in Home office.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:42 pm

Congratulations and thanks for posting your experience.

You are brave enough to go with only online statements. I could not have done that. I would always suggest to be prepared beforehand and do not give chance to the caseworker to ask for extra paperwork.

This is good to know that the Croydon experience has been positive for most. I have my appointment on 7th Feb at Croydon, only a stone's throw away from where I live.

Congrats again.

scs04
Newly Registered

Post by scs04 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks for the reply and yes i should not have taken that risk of taking online statement print. I was preparing my documents from last two months but somehow i ignored on the bank statements (as i always thought that the print should do becasue it is also a geniune statement from the bank on my bank account). It was my mistake ofcourse of making that assumption. Anyway the ending was happy eventough i got tensed in the last moment while arranging the bank statements on the same day of ILR in one hours time. I am posting becuase no one else should do that silly mistake.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:08 pm

scs04 wrote:Thanks for the reply and yes i should not have taken that risk of taking online statement print. I was preparing my documents from last two months but somehow i ignored on the bank statements (as i always thought that the print should do becasue it is also a geniune statement from the bank on my bank account). It was my mistake ofcourse of making that assumption. Anyway the ending was happy eventough i got tensed in the last moment while arranging the bank statements on the same day of ILR in one hours time. I am posting becuase no one else should do that silly mistake.
Yes, all is well that ends well. You must be pretty happy now. This really looks like climbing Everest considering frequent changes to the rules.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:45 am

You got really lucky with the online statements.

scs04
Newly Registered

Post by scs04 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:37 pm

All the best to you tknayak on 7th Feb.

scs04
Newly Registered

Post by scs04 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:44 pm

linkers, online statements were not useful as i mentioned. Fortunately the case worker gave me a option to go to the nearby branch to get print of last 3 months statements. That helped me.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:57 pm

scs04 wrote:All the best to you tknayak on 7th Feb.
Thanks scs04

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:36 pm

It was your lucky day. Any ways congrats !

scs04
Newly Registered

Post by scs04 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi Linkers, yes it was my lucky day. Thanks you.