ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Invitation Letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joy123
Newly Registered

Biometric Invitation Letter

Post by joy123 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:10 am

Hello guys,

I applied for Tier 2 extension on the 22 December 2011 and received the acknowledgement letter on the 12 January 2012 (dated 9th January). But i still have not received the Biometrics Invitation Letter. When i rang UKBA today they said the from the reference number i provided them from the acknowledgement letter, the application has yet not even been entered onto the system!

Could somebody please tell me if they have been waiting for their Biometrics letter in January and have had any communication with the UKBA??

They said they wont escalate anything until it has been 6 months since i applied, which is really worrying.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi

We received our biometric invitation letter one day after we recd the Acknowledgement letter. I believe these two letters are sent almost together.
There is a fair possibility that your invitation letter may have got lost. Could you possibly frame a letter explaining your situation and fax/post it to UKBA just as a measure of being actively done something about the situation.

joy123
Newly Registered

Post by joy123 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:Hi

We received our biometric invitation letter one day after we recd the Acknowledgement letter. I believe these two letters are sent almost together.
There is a fair possibility that your invitation letter may have got lost. Could you possibly frame a letter explaining your situation and fax/post it to UKBA just as a measure of being actively done something about the situation.
I rang them yesterday, and apparently they sent the biometrics letter on the 24th. So should have em in the post soon.

piujade
Newly Registered

Post by piujade » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:41 am

joy123 wrote:

I rang them yesterday, and apparently they sent the biometrics letter on the 24th. So should have em in the post soon.
Hi,

I applied for my PSW on 22nd too. I got my Ack letter on 17th (Dated 10th Jan). Have neither received the email for BRP or even the letter. I am getting worried now, could you help me with the helpline for UKBA so I can call them and ask them?

Thanks, guys.

joy123
Newly Registered

Post by joy123 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:45 am

piujade wrote:
joy123 wrote:

Hi,

I applied for my PSW on 22nd too. I got my Ack letter on 17th (Dated 10th Jan). Have neither received the email for BRP or even the letter. I am getting worried now, could you help me with the helpline for UKBA so I can call them and ask them?

Thanks, guys.
Ring 08706067766 and then option 4 and option 1. Tell them you applied over a month ago and haven't recieved ur letter. They will then take ur home office reference number and have a look in the system. If it has been generated they should give you a date.

piujade
Newly Registered

Post by piujade » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:28 am

joy123 wrote:
piujade wrote:
joy123 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks, guys.
Ring 08706067766 and then option 4 and option 1. Tell them you applied over a month ago and haven't recieved ur letter. They will then take ur home office reference number and have a look in the system. If it has been generated they should give you a date.
Still no answer on the phone number. My visa expires today and I still havent been for a BRP appt , does it mean that I will be an overstayer?

This is frustrating to say the least!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:30 am

piujade wrote:
joy123 wrote:
piujade wrote:
joy123 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks, guys.
Still no answer on the phone number. My visa expires today and I still havent been for a BRP appt , does it mean that I will be an overstayer?

This is frustrating to say the least!
no - you won't be treated as an overstayer if you made a valid in time application before your leave expired (section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 applies). You just need to be patient. There are delays due to christmas. You have an ack letter so your application is clearly being processed.

piujade
Newly Registered

Post by piujade » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:35 am

I know I am over reacting but am generally a paranoid person and trying very hard to not think of the worse (a rejected application), although I dont see why they should reject it all.

Anyway, thanks!

Will keep y'all posted as and when I get the letter.

piujade
Newly Registered

Post by piujade » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi Joy,

Have you received the email for the Ref number? Are you still waiting for your letter?

rguabiraba
Newly Registered

Post by rguabiraba » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi guys. Waiting for my BRP letter until now! Got the ackn. letter in the 21th (dated 13th). So long, so frustrating...

Is there any email addressto contact them? This is a real lack of respect for a £550 service!

cheers and thanks for any help

piujade
Newly Registered

Post by piujade » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:06 pm

I think you'll have to wait another week atleast. I recvd ack letter dated 10th Jan and I am still waiting! It's ridiculous indeed.

piujade
Newly Registered

Post by piujade » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:02 am

Called UKBA today and they said, I should get my BRP letter within the next 5-10 working days. And then four weeks after I have given my BRP details, I should await my documents.

(Cannot travel without a passport, so there goes my holiday outta the window!) :?

Rajeev123

BRP

Post by Rajeev123 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:45 am

Hi Guys,

I made my application on 19th Jan 2012 and got the Ack letter on 23rd and the money has been deducted from my account for the fee. Can you guys please share your timeline..M running out of patience. Thanks guys.

piujade
Newly Registered

Re: BRP

Post by piujade » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:48 am

Rajeev123 wrote:Hi Guys,

I made my application on 19th Jan 2012 and got the Ack letter on 23rd and the money has been deducted from my account for the fee. Can you guys please share your timeline..M running out of patience. Thanks guys.
Applied: 22nd Dec
Ack letter dated 10Jan, recvd 17Jan
Awaiting on BRP letter - called them 2/2/2012, said it will be here in 5-10 working days.

You will have to wait atleast another 4 weeks until you receive your BRP letter.

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:58 am

Which means they will take another 4 weeks after I am done biometrics- is this the general trend.
@joy123- did you receive your BRP letter- could you please share your timeline. :!:

joy123
Newly Registered

Post by joy123 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Rajeev123 wrote:Which means they will take another 4 weeks after I am done biometrics- is this the general trend.
@joy123- did you receive your BRP letter- could you please share your timeline. :!:
Yes i did receive my biometrics letter in the end on the 28th January 2012 dated (25th January). its within 4 weeks of your payment clearing. i think they have a huge backlog from the previous year (xmas + new year holidays) which is why it took them so long to send out letters.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi All,

I got my application reference number after 1 week for extension application..
They send application reference number for main applicant only.
1. Does they send reference number for dependent also ?
2. We have done biometric details in first application, Does they asked again?

Thanks

joy123
Newly Registered

Post by joy123 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:27 pm

joy123 wrote:
Rajeev123 wrote:Which means they will take another 4 weeks after I am done biometrics- is this the general trend.
Yes i did receive my biometrics letter in the end on the 28th January 2012 dated (25th January). its within 4 weeks of your payment clearing. i think they have a huge backlog from the previous year (xmas + new year holidays) which is why it took them so long to send out letters.
Hello Guys,

Just a quick update. I have now received my visa and BRP this morning, a week after completing my Biometrics. I did not expect it to be this quick but my employer and MP wrote to UKBA requesting them to expedite the application. Maybe that helped!

I hope you all get a positive result too!

Kind Regards

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:56 am

Hey Joy-- great news mate...v happy for you. can you share how u managed to get the letter from the MP and whom was it sent to.

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi Guys,

My current visa expired on 13 Feb
Application posted on 27th Jan.
Amount got deducted on 31st Jan
Application ref letter got on 6th Feb (dated 31st Jan)

I have not received my biometric invitation letter. Can someone advise what should i do ? Please....
Any phone number to enquire status?
Anyone waiting so long for biometric letter.

Thanks

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:14 am

Mate- biometrics are taking exactly 3 weeks to come at this stage..

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:05 am

I sent my application to change my name on the BRP on the 10th of January. Acknowledgement received on the 17th of January and biometric invitation rec'd on 5th of February. Me and 2 dependents (all have changed our surname) went to record biometrics on 7th of February and still no passports or BRP cards!

I was not expecting it to take this long, but hopefully stuff comes before I fly out for work in March.

Did someone say it takes close to a month from the time you record your biometrics?

You know, this whole process makes me think I should get British citizenship this October when I'm eligible. Do you think the British have a better time getting their passports changed/renewed?

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 am

aarangs...it is taking long....I applied on 19th jan and got BRP letter on 10th Feb...so I am sure you will get yours this week...[/list][/quote]

Rajeev123

Post by Rajeev123 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:12 am

ss

PrakashManak
Newly Registered

Post by PrakashManak » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Rajeev123 wrote:aarangs...it is taking long....I applied on 19th jan and got BRP letter on 10th Feb...so I am sure you will get yours this week...[/list]
[/quote]

Hello Rajiv,

Did you recieved your documents back till now. If yes please share the dates..