ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent visa for a stepchild of British Citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kriti
Newly Registered

dependent visa for a stepchild of British Citizen

Post by kriti » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:45 pm

I am on Tier 1 general migrant visa. Recently I got married to a British Citizen in UK. I will be filing FLR(M) application shortly to change my visa status. I have a 6 yrs old son from my first marriage who is staying with my mother in India and I am solely responsible to bring him up.

What type of visa should be applied for him to bring him to UK as my husband who will be his step father, has not adopted him? Is my marriage certificate, my divorce decree which states that I am the sole custodian for him and his birth certificate sufficient to apply for a dependent visa for him or I need to wait till my status gets changed and submit that also along with these documents? What is the process and the documents required for him to get him here?

Kindly advise me.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:46 pm

See also Sole responsibility.
After you're granted FLR(M), child may apply for a child settlement visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.