ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fbutt09

Post by fbutt09 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:21 pm

XnailaX wrote:hey congratulations fbutt...its so good to hear good news. wish u every succes in whatever u do in the future...can i jus ask, how long u been married for and how long u was away from ur wifeyyy??..do tel me to shut up if u dnt wana tel lol..

Inshallah good news wil come to thoes who r waiting ..best of luck to u guys waiting for thursday!..its gna b the longest 2 days ever for u lot lol...
Thanks for the congrats sister Naila.

Negotiated (more like winged) 4 weeks off work with some difficulty. Anyway went to Lahore week before wedding and got married on 30th Sep 2011. MashAllah had such a great time there, as I always do! We had our 4th month shadi anniversary yesterday.

Left 21st Oct to head back to the UK. So Have not seen my wife since then till present. My application was delayed due to Mrs Pyschology degree not being accepted (she had a final year subject of Islamiyat which was in urdu) they didnt except that! Therefore she booked the next available TOEIC exam in Nov, got the result in early Dec and we submitted in the dates I have listed below.

Unfortunately for me I have an uncle ji in Lahore who is coming back on the 24th Feb :( He will bring her back then, otherwise I was planning to go asap via Dubai, watch Pak thrash England some more and then go to Lahore for a few days, pick up the Mrs and back home.

Everything happens for the best though

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 pm

*Nazia wrote:
XnailaX wrote:awww shazmalik thats sooo good to hear..

why is my case taking so long lol..shazmalik plz update ur signature so we can see ur timeline..plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...(is timeline the correct work)...

nazia..im looking at pm now ..:).sorry if its late xx

exquisit sis...u dint get bk to my 2nd last post :(..
Its okay now sis, I have sorted it, my little sister will do it for me tomorrow insha'Allah

Please do du'aa for my husband, his results for English is coming out tomorrow xxx
Inshallah he will get a positive result.

My wife will be getting her results in two weeks time. Make dua for me aswel.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

m.k

Post by m.k » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi just a quick question to those with experience with the city and guilds english test, when do u get the result?

I know the certificate comes back after about 2 months but when do u get the result?

Congrats to those with good news hope u have a lovely future together inshallah and pray for the rest of us! :)

fbutt09

Post by fbutt09 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:29 pm

AoA Dear All,

The following is an exhaustive list of what was submitted for my spouse (Wife) UKBA Settlement Visa Application. Please note that I used the UKBA website as an initial reference point for all documentation required.
The list below provided a successful visa application (submitted 12th December 2011).

Please note that this can vary for every individual and the UKBA website should always be used as an initial reference point.

N.B – With some early planning and dedication the application can be submitted without the need to pay for any lawyers or visa services.

Information below is Fesabililah to help those embarking on the marriage journey. May Allah shower his blessings on all married couples.

Spouse in Pakistan evidence submitted

1. TB Test Certificate
(Phone the number on the UKBA website re Pakistan TB test. Setup an appointment. They will provide relevant address for IOM TB Test Clinic. Procedure takes a few hours and you can obtain the certifcate. TIP: Book a morning slot appointment and get it out of the way).

2. NADRA Card& Passport
(original card and passport submitted. I did not amend any details for both documents, i.e. Maiden name and single status was submitted).

3. Nikkah Nama
(Urdu and English copies. Both provided by the Imam on the day. Ensure both copies are filled in and signed by all relatives acting as witnesses. In terms of translation, my uncle was translating it on the day. His name, address and number were written on the English copy. No translator service was paid for.
Both copies of the Nikkah Nama were signed and stamped by the Imam. Additionally the Nikkah Nama was registered at the FCO. Finally it was registered at the local area Union Council.
They provided a marriage certificate which was also attached to both copies).

4. English Test
Undertaken via NTS Lahore. TOEIC Level A1 was used. Tests are conducted monthly and results are available within 3 weeks. The Test result certificates were couriered to the home address.

Sponsor in UK evidence submitted

IMPORTANT - VAF completed, signed and dated.
(TIP: Take multiple photocopies of this from the UK to Pak. Take one colour copy to use as a final version).

1. Finances
Six months payslips submitted.
Six months Current Account bank statements submitted. (Balance was £4-5K and always in the positive).
Six months Savings Account bank statements submitted. (Balance was £2-3K with regular monthly standing order from Current Account into Savings Account).
Employment Shares. Additional extra submitted to further enhance finances above.
Six month Credit Card statements submitted. Additional extra submitted to further enhance finances above.

2. Accommodation
Two Annual Council Tax statements submitted.
Housing report (aka Co-habitation report) completed by the council submitted.
Costs c. £125 and a letter is provided a week later from the council listing how many rooms are within the property and no overcrowding will occur once the spouse is co-habiting.

Home Mortgage payment statements. Bank provided a printed Annual statement showing payments. Statement was signed and stamped by bank. No charge for this service.

Home Ownership Registration Title. This is a paid service (£13) and a report is sent to your address.
Approval Letter. Additional, only required if you are living in parents home. A short letter stating no objection to the sponsor and his/her spouse living in the premises.

3. Employment
Letter of employment from HR. Standard letter is sent which provides basic details confirming employment
Most recent P60 issued. To add weight to application previous P60’s should also be sent.

4. Passport Copy
Passport copy was stamped and signed by the professional (see section below re Character Reference) who wrote the character reference. Please note that only the bio data page was photocopied and signed and stamped, not all pages!

5. Communications
Between 22-Oct and 11th Dec the following were submitted:

Screenshots of Email conversations.
Screenshots of Text Message conversations. (NOKIA PC software which connects via a USB cable. This stores all the texts within the phone. The number used should match the number within the VAF application).

Shadi pictures. Select 10-12 ordinary pictures. Ensure they show the groom and bride signing the Nikkah Nama. Additionally submit Bride and Groom stage Barat and Walima pictures with family. All pictures should show try and as many guests as possible.

Shadi cards. Submit both bride and Groom side shadi cards. Additional but adds more weight to application.
Please note no phone call records were submitted!

6. Character reference
Additional and not required but adds more weight to application. (TIP: Use a professional i.e., Head Teacher, Doctor, Police Officer to write a character reference).

7. NI Card and Driving Licence
Additional and not required but adds more weight to application. (TIP: Photocopies were attested by professional).

8. Travel Proof
Photocopies of Passport page with entry and exit stamps. This was not attested.
E-ticket photocopy.

Please note that no multiple photocopies of any documents above were submitted either. Gerrys removed it from the application.

Please be truthful and leave the rest in the hands of Allah SWT.

I trust this is a helpful source of information. If you found this helpful then kindly please do dua for me!

W.Salam
Last edited by fbutt09 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:47 am

Thanks for that fbutt :)

just a few things i would like to ask you

Both copies of the Nikkah Nama were signed and stamped by the Imam. Additionally the Nikkah Nama was registered at the FCO. Finally the it was registered at the local area Union Council.
They provided a marriage certificate which was also attached to both copies)

Is that a seperate certificate you received than the one we get from the mufti?

I thought the Nika namah we need is the same one but with a stamp from the union council.

4. English Test
Undertaken via NTS Lahore. TOEIC Level A1 was used. Tests are conducted monthly and results are available within 3 weeks. The Test result certificates were couriered to the home address
With TOEIC A1 test the test take receives two certificates right?

One for speaking and reading and the other for listening.

Does the certificate look similar to a scorecard?
- Breakdown of the test takes scores in each section

Or is it a normal certificate stating the name etc..

Jazakallahire for your help.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:00 am

any news anyone today????
visa-grante:25.10.12

mars27

Post by mars27 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:06 am

syma wrote:any news anyone today????
yep status has changed to ready for collection!!!

hubby is going later to find out....

inshaAllah good news :) no news ur side?

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:09 am

mars27 wrote:

no:(
when did the status change??
good luck:)

mars27

Post by mars27 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:11 am

the status changed about an hour ago....dont worry im sure u will hear something later on today,if not tomorrow :)

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:13 am

inshAllah
do let us know how it goes..

mars27

Post by mars27 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:14 am

syma wrote:inshAllah
do let us know how it goes..
yeh sure will update as soon as i hear...... :roll:

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:19 am

The_Waiting_Game wrote:
syma wrote:
The_Waiting_Game wrote:
mas_sayed wrote:My husband rang me this morning, saying he received a text, that the passport was ready for collection! Thank you guys for your duas, hes going to pick up the passport on Monday, so ive still got a wait :(

Good Luck to you all!!
Great news Mas and Rehan2, many many congratulations. Seems like us december lot shouldn't be so far behind . . . .

From following the forum it seems like they tend to process most visas at the end of the month, maybe to meet their monthly statistics targets????

Hmmmm, so no update on the site before the text? Which means it's useless checking the website 10 times a day! :P

Will update u guys as soon as Mrs hears anything :)
Hi

any news at ur end??
Congratulations Zaza and Fbutt09, very happy for you and hope you're united with your other halves soon!

Mas sis, very sorry to hear, but please keep persistent and work hard on your appeal, inshallah everything will work out just fine I have faith :) You have a whole community here to help on various aspects if required, so please do not think you're alone, as you will have the benefit of a whole load of peoples' collective experience and duas :)

Syma, no news yet I'm afraid . . . Website has no updates and calling Gerry's office is useless as they only check on the website as well. I guess just need to be patient, sit tight and wait for the Mrs to get the text :) Will update here as soon as any news. :)
hey any news at ur end?

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:00 am

mars27 wrote:

Good Luck mars27,

Insha'Allah may it be good news. Please keep us posted.
Allah is the greatest!

JF
Newly Registered

Post by JF » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:17 am

@ xnailax - submitted in Karachi

@ mars27 - Good Luck

@ Exquisit33 - Hang in there our turn soon inshalla

enigma321

Post by enigma321 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:57 am

Alhamdulillah, my Wife's passport is now ready for collection!

Have tried calling her to try and see when she can go to collect but can't get through! Hopefully she can collect tomorrow or Friday insha'Allah!
SUBMITTED: 14/12/2011 @ ISB
UNDER PROCESS: 30/12/2011
READY FOR COLLECTION: 01/02/2012
VISA GRANTED

fbutt09

Post by fbutt09 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:01 am

shade00 wrote:Thanks for that fbutt :)

just a few things i would like to ask you

Both copies of the Nikkah Nama were signed and stamped by the Imam. Additionally the Nikkah Nama was registered at the FCO. Finally the it was registered at the local area Union Council.
They provided a marriage certificate which was also attached to both copies)

I thought the Nika namah we need is the same one but with a stamp from the union council.

4. English Test
Undertaken via NTS Lahore. TOEIC Level A1 was used. Tests are conducted monthly and results are available within 3 weeks. The Test result certificates were couriered to the home address
With TOEIC A1 test the test take receives two certificates right?

One for speaking and reading and the other for listening.

Yes. The local Imam is authorised by the local council. He has stamps which are stamped on the Nikkah Nama (both copies). The Imam should automatically register the wedding at the local council. Ensure he does that.

Additionally you will need to get the Union council to register the Nikkah Nama. They will provide a small certificate. You will need your spouse NARDA card also.

I was not in Pak when the certifcate came so cant comment. I was informed that the certifcate does contain details of marks. Listening and Speaking is only required for spouse application. If you want to add in more evidence then NTS email the results also. This can be attached to the certificate.

Hope that helps.

The_Waiting_Game
Newly Registered

Post by The_Waiting_Game » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 am

Mrs checked at 09:00 Pakistan time on website and no updates, still said under process with the BHC.

Then Mrs gets a text at 10:00 Pakistan time to say passport ready for collection! Shortly afterwards, she gets a call from Fedex to say to collect the passport. After an hour status changed on website to reflect the same.

So all those wasting time checking on website, no point as you'll get a text and a call first.

Also, it say passport can be collected Monday through to Friday for clarification, NOT Mon Thursday Friday! :P

She will go later today to collect it. Wish us luck! Will update here once she's collected it.

And yes, seems all december people are starting to hear now, so all those that applied mid december (i think there are quite a few) should be hearing something by next week inshallah :)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:27 am

alhamdulillah glad to hear every1 is gettin sum news..inshallah i pray it is good news!!!

so wht bout appeasl?..why isnt any1 hearing anything..(or is it just me left)..i hope i hear sumthing quick....:(,,

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:29 am

so its mars, enigma, and the waiting game today right?? GOOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!!!!!....

i truely wish u al get good news!...

mars27

Post by mars27 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:31 am

XnailaX wrote:so its mars, enigma, and the waiting game today right?? GOOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!!!!!....

i truely wish u al get good news!...

thank you...still waiting for hubby to call....

good luck everyone!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:34 am

mars..look at my pm please...xx

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:41 am

guys rememrb this..whatever the outcome may b...

Sometimes Allah breaks your spirit to save
your souls.
Sometimes, Allah breaks our heart to make us
whole.
Sometimes, Allah allows pain so we can be
... stronger.
Sometimes, Allah sends us failure so we can
be humble.
Sometimes, Allah allows illness so we can take
better care of ourselves.
Sometimes, Allah takes everything away from
us so we can learn the value of everything HE
gave us..
Make plans but understand that we live by
Allah's grace.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:44 am

fbutt09 wrote:
Home Ownership Registration Title. This is a paid service (£13) and a report is sent to your address.
Approval Letter. Additional, only required if you are living in parents home. A short letter stating no objection to the sponsor and his/her spouse living in the premises.
sallam, congratulations.

would it be possible for you to tell me where i could get this Home ownership registration.

jazakallah

Hashim89

Post by Hashim89 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:56 am

Good Luck to everyone still waiting.

I had a deadline date of 30th January 2012, and the refusal was overturned on the 31st. So there is always hope right to the end.

For anyone looking to appeal now, they recently introduced fees for appealing immigration refusal.

Can they think of any more methods of making more money ?

It's a psychological roller coaster as it is.

Link:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ppeal-fees
Submitted: 15/07/2011 - Lahore
Rejected
Appeal Lodged: 9/09/2011
AIT Date given: 30th January 2012
** Decision Overturned **
Call In Letter Received: 31st January 2012.
Passport Collected ** 14th March 2012 **

shabbo13
Newly Registered

Post by shabbo13 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:38 am

Alhamdulillah the husband was granted his visa :D

So happy! Proper married life is officially about to begin!

I read this forum every day since we submitted and I had a panic attack every time I did....just a note to people still waiting...every case is different! I didn't give half as much evidence and info as fbutt but we still got it.

Anyways! Good luck to everyone...and remembers the power of making dua!