ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: more than 220 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jainmanglesh
Newly Registered

ILR: more than 220 days

Post by jainmanglesh » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:27 pm

Dear all seniors,

First I would like to explain my case:
I came in UK in feb 2007 on workpermit and then got tier 1 in may 2009. I was outside UK for 52+36+30+26 days all on paid annual leave (but not on company's business purpose) and for which I can get the document for from my last and current employer.
I have out of country for more than 220 days however was always on payroll in uk paying taxes and NI.

Could you please advise me if I should apply for ILR now or should wait for a year (in this case I can manage less than 180 days in last 5 year criteria). Could you please also suggest documents I need to make the above annual PAID leave uncountable in my outside country days.

I also want to apply for my wife however I have not got her name on any document (like bank statement/utility bills) except I can get letter from letting agency that she stayed with me since last two years.

should I apply ILR for both or for now I should apply my own and then later (after a year probably) for her.

Thank you very much. I would be very grateful for all replies.[/b]

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:41 pm

>180 stricyly on paid leave is a little unusual.

Technically, if these atr all paid leave, they SHOULD be discounted. Employee letters documenting annual leave would be a good start.

However, teachers with 2 months+ annual leave ( and corresponding absenses ) have been rejected.