ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR appointment in 2 weeks

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happ_go_lucky

ILR appointment in 2 weeks

Post by happ_go_lucky » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:11 pm

My appointment is in 2 weeks (Work permit holder) and i have been working hard to get the documentation in order. Here is the list of documents that I plan to take with me to the appointment. please can you have a look and let me know if i am missing anything. any other suggestions welcome too..

- Current & old passport
- Biometric Residence Permit card
- Two passport-size photographs
- Letter from the employer with confirmation of employement, salary and SOC code
- Last 12 months payslips (attested by employer)
- Lst 12 months bank statements
- P60’s for the past five years
- Copies of previous correspondence with the UK Border Agency
- Life in the UK Test pass notification letter
- Absence sheet
- Letter from employer justifiying the the business trips in the absence sheet ( Total absence is less than 180, but have one single business trip with 97 days absence with salary not paid in UK for that duration, also plan to take offshore payslips for that suration)
- Printout of appointment
- SET O form
- Postal order for payment

would appreciate if you can let me know if i have got everything...

FunkMaster

Post by FunkMaster » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:45 pm

I just did mine yesterday, same thing as you ... Work Permit:

refer to my post:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:55 pm

FunkMaster wrote:I just did mine yesterday, same thing as you ... Work Permit:

refer to my post:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
Congratulations FunkMaster!

My case a bit different in that i have a single trip when i was for 97 days and was paid in India (by the same employer).. so am really stressed about that causing an issue :(

FunkMaster

Post by FunkMaster » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:03 pm

So 97 days exceeds the threshold of 90 days out of the country.

In my opinion, if you have a letter from your company, stating some of the obvious things like:

Dates you left UK and returned back into the UK
Purpose of the trip

Then you should be fine.

From reading other posts about similar things, what might happen is that they don't give you your ILR straight away, but take sometime to verify this information.

So as long as it was legitimate business travel, that your company can verify when the HO contacts them (if they do), then you should be fine.

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:16 pm

FunkMaster wrote:So 97 days exceeds the threshold of 90 days out of the country.

In my opinion, if you have a letter from your company, stating some of the obvious things like:

Dates you left UK and returned back into the UK
Purpose of the trip

Then you should be fine.

From reading other posts about similar things, what might happen is that they don't give you your ILR straight away, but take sometime to verify this information.

So as long as it was legitimate business travel, that your company can verify when the HO contacts them (if they do), then you should be fine.
Thank you. Yes, the letter covers why the trip was required, business implications if it hadnt happened and also company policy on payments in situations like that.

so keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best...

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: ILR appointment in 2 weeks

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:34 pm

can you please share your employer letter for business absences.

thanks .

happ_go_lucky

Post by happ_go_lucky » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:07 pm

fahadz1 wrote:can you please share your employer letter for business absences.

thanks .
The letter covers

1. the dates from & to i was away from the uk on business trip
2. Reason for the business trip - project details, why i was critical to the project success, why i had to be based offshore (co-located with the rest of the offshore project team)
3. as per company policy i was paid in india for that duration

Hope that helps?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:53 pm

In my opinion the content of the employee letter is not strong enough especially as you have a single continuous absence > 90 days and salaries were not paid in the UK during your absence.
Do ensure you submit other documents that confirm your ties with UK during the above absence.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:47 am

thank you happ_go_lucky

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:49 am

ban.s wrote:In my opinion the content of the employee letter is not strong enough especially as you have a single continuous absence > 90 days and salaries were not paid in the UK during your absence.
Do ensure you submit other documents that confirm your ties with UK during the above absence.
can you explain like what documents show ties with UK during the absence. any examples. ??