ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Done - Report & Thank You

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ducky11

Extension Done - Report & Thank You

Post by Ducky11 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi All,

I want to start off by saying a massive thank you to all of you for putting up with my constant stream of monotonous question over the past few months. I might have gone a bit overboard more than once, but it all paid off because I just got my extension done. :D :mrgreen:

I had a premium appointment booked at the Croydon office this morning at 8:00AM. I got there at about 07:45, breezed through the initial part & payment (They called my bank to authorise the payment. I just had to speak to a NatWest representative on the phone & answer a couple of security questions). I had to wait about 2-minutes for my number to be called out & then another 2-minute’s for my photo & fingerprints to be taken. Then after about another 10-minute’s my number was called out for document submission. The guy behind the counter was VERY friendly, as were most of the other staff members. His name was Bruce & he was very helpful. After submission was complete he asked me to either hang around there or get a coffee & return in about an hour. I decided to stay close by so I finished reading my Metro newspaper & got myself a snack from the canteen (the cheese & onion pasty is quite delicious). By the time I was done he called me over & gave back all my documents & a confirmation letter stating that I had been granted the extension & my biometric card would be delivered to my legal representative’s office with 5-7 working days. I walked out of there with documents in-hand at 10:20 sharp, just 2.5 hours after the start time of the appointment.

I would like to spare a quick mention for my legal representative. She was extremely helpful, professional, patient, friendly & accommodating throughout the entire appointment & the weeks prior to the appointment. She was not at all over-priced as compared to some of the other ones which I have come across. I would definitely recommend her organization to anyone in similar circumstances as myself – QC Immigration. Please let me know if you require contact details.

Thank you again for all the help over here guys!

Cheers,
Ducky

guaravd

Re: Extension Done - Report & Thank You

Post by guaravd » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Ducky11 wrote:Hi All,

I want to start off by saying a massive thank you to all of you for putting up with my constant stream of monotonous question over the past few months. I might have gone a bit overboard more than once, but it all paid off because I just got my extension done. :D :mrgreen:

I had a premium appointment booked at the Croydon office this morning at 8:00AM. I got there at about 07:45, breezed through the initial part & payment (They called my bank to authorise the payment. I just had to speak to a NatWest representative on the phone & answer a couple of security questions). I had to wait about 2-minutes for my number to be called out & then another 2-minute’s for my photo & fingerprints to be taken. Then after about another 10-minute’s my number was called out for document submission. The guy behind the counter was VERY friendly, as were most of the other staff members. His name was Bruce & he was very helpful. After submission was complete he asked me to either hang around there or get a coffee & return in about an hour. I decided to stay close by so I finished reading my Metro newspaper & got myself a snack from the canteen (the cheese & onion pasty is quite delicious). By the time I was done he called me over & gave back all my documents & a confirmation letter stating that I had been granted the extension & my biometric card would be delivered to my legal representative’s office with 5-7 working days. I walked out of there with documents in-hand at 10:20 sharp, just 2.5 hours after the start time of the appointment.

I would like to spare a quick mention for my legal representative. She was extremely helpful, professional, patient, friendly & accommodating throughout the entire appointment & the weeks prior to the appointment. She was not at all over-priced as compared to some of the other ones which I have come across. I would definitely recommend her organization to anyone in similar circumstances as myself – QC Immigration. Please let me know if you require contact details.

Thank you again for all the help over here guys!

Cheers,
Ducky
Hi Ducky,

Thanks for the overall information. Can you please share the contact details of the legal representative. Thanks in advance.

village

Post by village » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:47 pm

DUcky,

Thanks for sharing your information.

1) was your case a straight one i mean employed

or

2) self employed ?

Thanks.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:58 pm

village wrote:DUcky,

Thanks for sharing your information.

1) was your case a straight one i mean employed

or

2) self employed ?

Thanks.
Its not straight. I will be proving my income as salaried as well as self employeed. Any help from your end on my situation???

Ducky11

Post by Ducky11 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:34 pm

I applied as an employed person, not self-employed.

Here is the link of my legal rep - http://www.qc-immigration.com/en/
Phone number is specified in the "Contact" area.

village

Post by village » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:47 pm

guaravd,

I am also going for extension...AS SELF EMPLOYED and Partime employment.
can u send me ur mail id or no....so we can share info....

Ducky,,
Thanks for the infi..... :)

Ducky11

Post by Ducky11 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:00 pm

No problem! Good luck guys!
FYI, another good thing which I forgot to mention earlier is that they play music in the waiting hall! :D

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Congratulations Ducky

Kind Regards

kiran2009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kiran2009 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Congrats Ducky!

Ducky11

Post by Ducky11 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:52 am

Card arrived on Friday but I wasn't home to pick it up, so they delivered to my office on Monday at 16:45 (delivery was to be between 09:00 - 17:00). Applied for a Schengen visa this morning!

I'm very happy with the way things went & the fact that they sent my card just 2-days after the appointment!

Thanks again for all the help guys! Much appreciated! :D

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:50 am

Hi Ducky, Congrats! I ll be applying Schenzen visa as soon as I get my Tier1 extension. How much did you pay qc-immigration, if you dont mind sharing? Thanks

Ducky11

Post by Ducky11 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:07 am

Thanks Zayed & good luck with your application.

I was referred to QC by a common close friend so I dont know if my rate would be what is normally charged & hence wouldnt want to speculate. However, I did contact various lawyers & can definitely confirm that the price at QC is much more reasonable than the others & the service provided was exceptionally good. I think it would be best if you contacted her directly to discuss rates.

Thanks & hope everything works out well.

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:42 am

Ducky11 wrote:Thanks Zayed & good luck with your application.

I was referred to QC by a common close friend so I dont know if my rate would be what is normally charged & hence wouldnt want to speculate. However, I did contact various lawyers & can definitely confirm that the price at QC is much more reasonable than the others & the service provided was exceptionally good. I think it would be best if you contacted her directly to discuss rates.

Thanks & hope everything works out well.
Thanks Ducky. We ll definitely bump into each other in Berlin :-)