ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension qualification points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeksy1

Tier 1 extension qualification points

Post by zeksy1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:26 pm

hi all
hope everyones having good luck with thier future immigration.
i have a query if someone can shed some light on it

i applied for my first successful Tier 1(general) application through post on 26 feb 2009. i got succesful and got my passport back with Tier 1 resident permit start date from 01 april 2009 till april 2012.
self assesment as follows;
Age=20 points
Qualifiaction= 30points
earnings= 30 points
UK experience= 5
total=85 points.

now the extension time in near i want to clearify some points;

i check the Tier 1 (general ) extension application form and it says;

H3. Please indicate the points being claimed for the applicant’s qualification including equivalent professional/vocational qualifications:
Applications for leave to remain where the applicant has, or has had, leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, and has not been granted leave in any categories other than these since 6 April 2010
PhD
50 points
Masters degree
35 points
Bachelors degree*
30 points
* An applicant cannot claim points for a Bachelor’s degree if :
his/her last grant of entry clearance was as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in a) place between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, or
(i) he/she has had leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place b) between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, and
(ii) his/her previous entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain before that leave was not as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, as a Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant.
All other applications for leave to remain
PhD
45 points
Master’s degree
35 points
Bachelor’s degree
30 points

It is quiet confusing and when i check Tier 1(general) calculator and i put 01 april 2009 as my first succesful Tier 1 application its not giving me any points for my previous qualification ie bachelors degree(30 points)

any information will be really helpfull as i am panicing big time :)

Kind regards
Zeksy1

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1 extension qualification points

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:17 pm

zeksy1 wrote:hi all
hope everyones having good luck with thier future immigration.
i have a query if someone can shed some light on it

i applied for my first successful Tier 1(general) application through post on 26 feb 2009. i got succesful and got my passport back with Tier 1 resident permit start date from 01 april 2009 till april 2012.
self assesment as follows;
Age=20 points
Qualifiaction= 30points
earnings= 30 points
UK experience= 5
total=85 points.

now the extension time in near i want to clearify some points;

i check the Tier 1 (general ) extension application form and it says;

H3. Please indicate the points being claimed for the applicant’s qualification including equivalent professional/vocational qualifications:
Applications for leave to remain where the applicant has, or has had, leave as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, and has not been granted leave in any categories other than these since 6 April 2010
PhD
50 points
Masters degree
35 points
Bachelors degree*
30 points
* An applicant cannot claim points for a Bachelor’s degree if :
his/her last grant of entry clearance was as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in a) place between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, or
(i) he/she has had leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place b) between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, and
(ii) his/her previous entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain before that leave was not as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, as a Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant.
All other applications for leave to remain
PhD
45 points
Master’s degree
35 points
Bachelor’s degree
30 points

It is quiet confusing and when i check Tier 1(general) calculator and i put 01 april 2009 as my first succesful Tier 1 application its not giving me any points for my previous qualification ie bachelors degree(30 points)

any information will be really helpfull as i am panicing big time :)

Kind regards
Zeksy1
Man, I would say its very simple. You will get the same points as you have received on your initial application.

sandeepk

Re: Tier 1 extension qualification points

Post by sandeepk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:52 pm

zeksy1 wrote:
man, I would say its very simple. You will get the same points as you have received on your initial application.
Ok here is the simple scanario

You apply for Tier1 general initial grant of leave.
for renewal you claim same points for age etc

so whatever you applied in Tier1 initial grant of leave, use it in renewal.