ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for Albanian

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

christine44

Visitor Visa for Albanian

Post by christine44 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:05 pm

I am British and my boyfriend who lives in Italy is going to apply for a visitor visa to come to visit me here in the UK. He is Albanian but has a 2 year residency and work permit for Italy that expires this summer. He is currently out of work and said it may be difficult for him to find work before summer which is when he will have plenty of work as he lives in a tourist area. Will the fact he is currently out of work in Italy mean that he is unlikely to obtain a visitor visa now ? I really don't want to have to wait for summer till we even apply. He seems to think because he has the work visa, despite no work, it will be ok. I don't want to get my hopes up if there is virtually no chance of him getting the visa. Our long term plan is for him to come here initially for a holiday to see London and meet my family and then later this year we will hopefully get married in Albania and he can apply for a marriage visa. I am also scared that if he gets refused a visitor visa it will possibly make it harder to get a marriage visa in the future. Does anyone know if this will have an impact on a later decision, and also if having no work now means it is unlikely he will get the visitor visa ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa for Albanian

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:56 pm

christinexd wrote:I am British and my boyfriend who lives in Italy is going to apply for a visitor visa to come to visit me here in the UK. He is Albanian but has a 2 year residency and work permit for Italy that expires this summer. He is currently out of work and said it may be difficult for him to find work before summer which is when he will have plenty of work as he lives in a tourist area. Will the fact he is currently out of work in Italy mean that he is unlikely to obtain a visitor visa now ? I really don't want to have to wait for summer till we even apply. He seems to think because he has the work visa, despite no work, it will be ok. I don't want to get my hopes up if there is virtually no chance of him getting the visa. Our long term plan is for him to come here initially for a holiday to see London and meet my family and then later this year we will hopefully get married in Albania and he can apply for a marriage visa. I am also scared that if he gets refused a visitor visa it will possibly make it harder to get a marriage visa in the future. Does anyone know if this will have an impact on a later decision, and also if having no work now means it is unlikely he will get the visitor visa ?
best if you stick to your original thread