ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RESIDENT CARD

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhanwar68
Newly Registered

RESIDENT CARD

Post by bhanwar68 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:47 am

Hello everyone, Myself sandeep, an Indian national, i applied for Resident Card on behalf of my wife who is european, but ukba has refused my application just because i could not provide them the current employement letter of my spouse. Now i have to re appeal again as i got IAFT=1 form and provide them current work letter. My question is, Do i need to go to Solicitor or do myself? As i need to lodge the appleal by tuesday(31.01.12) so please help me out ASAP. i will be very thankful to you guys.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Hmmm .... a lack of attention to detail on your part.

If I were you I would not bother with an appeal, but instead make another application. Also, although she has not got to do this, when you submit your EEA2 application for a Residence Card, your wife should submit an EEA1 application for a Residence Certificate.

The logic is this. As you have found out the hard way, in order for you to get your Residence Card, you need to prove that wife EEA wife is exercising Treaty Rights in the UK. But if she submits an EEA1 application, they will look at that first, and once they have said yes to that, it will be very easy for them to say yes to your EEA2 application.
John

bhanwar68
Newly Registered

Post by bhanwar68 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:59 pm

thank you very much for your response, but the only thing ukba has mentioned or asked for is that i have to prove them her current working letter which she has already applied for and probably will get by monday(30/01/12). In this case what else you can suggest. Because it is too late to apply for EEA1 card now, Shall i lodge appeal myself.

abbeywill
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywill » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 am

please can I ask when you applied for eea2 and how long it took ukba to reject the application

bhanwar68
Newly Registered

Post by bhanwar68 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:19 am

i applied in mid of october and it took approximate three and half month.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:51 am

hiya mate
Just read everything which is written in the application form means which documents HO need. there is no need to appeal as they will say you the same thing there WHERE WERE YOUR DOCUMENTS.....So 90% your appeal will be rejected as its your fault in the first place not HO.

so make a fresh application with a cover letter and send them.

hopefully you will be sorted.. also no need to waste your hard earned pounds on solicitors...

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:34 pm

bhanwar68 wrote:i applied in mid of october and it took approximate three and half month.
Were you issued with a COA?

bhanwar68
Newly Registered

Post by bhanwar68 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Thank you very much mate, but i have already sent them my appeal application with all documents they required let us see what i get next.