ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Absence from UK - PEO appointment soon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saadullah317
Newly Registered

ILR - Absence from UK - PEO appointment soon

Post by saadullah317 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Hello

Just a quick query in relation to Absences from UK within Five year work permit.

My absences are 165 days away from UK to India for family visit purposes during the past five year period.

The longest i was away was in 2010 when i went for 6 weeks holidays and didn't return until 10 weeks due to volcanic ashfall out in april 2010. Hence I came to uk four weeks late.

As I was absent to work, My employer provided my unpaid leave for this period. My question is will it effect my ILR application, as I was active in UK paid my rent etc?

Do I have to take any letter from employer stating about my absence?

Please advice on this matter.

Thank you

Regards

SH

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:10 pm

You absences are well within limits and you are just fine keeping your longest visit less than 90 days ... So relax your mind on the absence part ... but if you are able to get an employer letter it will do no harm but strengthen your case further ... but you dont really need to !

saadullah317
Newly Registered

Post by saadullah317 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:24 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:You absences are well within limits and you are just fine keeping your longest visit less than 90 days ... So relax your mind on the absence part ... but if you are able to get an employer letter it will do no harm but strengthen your case further ... but you dont really need to !
Thanks very much Sunil. Much appreciated.

I can relax a wee bit from absence point of view.