ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions to expect from Immigration Officer upon arrival

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oqureshi
Newly Registered

Questions to expect from Immigration Officer upon arrival

Post by oqureshi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:22 am

Hello All,

I hold an ILR which was granted in November 2011. Prior to that, I was on a 2 year spouse visa, with my wife as the sponsor. Once I cleared the KOL exam, I was granted the ILR.

My wife and I are currently visiting relatives in Pakistan. I will be returning back to London this weekend alone while my wife will stay on for a couple of additional weeks to spend time with her ailing grandparent.

I know that I'll most definitely get the "How long have you been out of the UK?" question from the the immigration officer at Heathrow, but is there anything else I should be prepared for at arrival? Any possibility that the IO will question where my wife is? This is the first time I'll be entering the UK without my wife, so a bit concerned.

Needless to say, I have a clean record and no immigration or other violations of any kind.

Thanks,
Omar

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:22 am

if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about. regardless of whatever visa you are on, immigration officer cannot do nothing if you have done nothing wrong.