ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Stydy Work visa with an Ordinary pass degree

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samindaksm
Newly Registered

Post by samindaksm » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:20 am

Hi, I've been following the BSc (Hons) in Computing bachelors degree program awarded by the University of Greenwich and it's almost finished. I've got through the final project as well, but I have one more failed subject to be done repeat. But I spoke with the university and they say, with the number of credits (more than 60 crdits) I've earned already , they can issue me the same degree without honours i.e BSc in Computing, which means an ordinary pass degree without doing the failed subject. Can I apply for the post study work visa with this ordinary pass level degree. I need to do this since I have no enough time to do the failed subject and get it through before April 2012 when the post study work category is closed. Thanks in advance for any advice.

singhania
Newly Registered

Post by singhania » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:38 am

Hi,

Yes you can apply for the PSW with that degree.

For any other detail you can ring to us.

Regards

wazobia

Re: Post Stydy Work visa with an Ordinary pass degree

Post by wazobia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:36 pm

samindaksm wrote:Hi, I've been following the BSc (Hons) in Computing bachelors degree program awarded by the University of Greenwich and it's almost finished. I've got through the final project as well, but I have one more failed subject to be done repeat. But I spoke with the university and they say, with the number of credits (more than 60 crdits) I've earned already , they can issue me the same degree without honours i.e BSc in Computing, which means an ordinary pass degree without doing the failed subject. Can I apply for the post study work visa with this ordinary pass level degree. I need to do this since I have no enough time to do the failed subject and get it through before April 2012 when the post study work category is closed. Thanks in advance for any advice.
The class (or lack) of your degree is not important for the PSW visa. What is important is you have a degree. So yeah, you should be fine with that.

samindaksm
Newly Registered

Post by samindaksm » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks a lot for all your advices. And finally I was awarded a degree with third class honours. :D